Are you some of you new guys being to understand?

What being a Chiefs fan actually means?   It means to toil in mediocrity.   One year up,   two years  (or more) down.   Its a 40 year pattern gents.   Ask OT or Bilyous or Pop or me or some of the old guys here.   We are mediocre right now.   We've had a taste of higher accomplishments and we most certainly have experienced the lowest of the low.   But not since 1971 or perhaps 1993 have we been close.

And that's what being a Chiefs fan is all about.   Accordingly after this long we don't get too down over the losses or too excited over the wins.  

Wait long enough and our favorite team will impload.   Happens every year since January 13, 1970.

What being a Chiefs fan actually means?   It means to toil in mediocrity.   One year up,   two years  (or more) down.   Its a 40 year pattern gents.   Ask OT or Bilyous or Pop or me or some of the old guys here.   We are mediocre right now.   We've had a taste of higher accomplishments and we most certainly have experienced the lowest of the low.   But not since 1971 or perhaps 1993 have we been close.

And that's what being a Chiefs fan is all about.   Accordingly after this long we don't get too down over the losses or too excited over the wins.  

Wait long enough and our favorite team will impload.   Happens every year since January 13, 1970.

So true. My son is starting to realize the life of a Chiefs fan. Especially as a Chiefs fan here in Cardinal land today. His phone was off the hook today.

Mine too :(

Yep

So true. My son is starting to realize the life of a Chiefs fan. Especially as a Chiefs fan here in Cardinal land today. His phone was off the hook today.

Mine too :(

yeah, i live in Nor Cal, you sh ould have seen after the Raiders loss. Sad thing even with the Raiders being SOOOOO bad for 10 years, as a Chiefs fan, i have NOTHING to come back at them with NOTHING.  They have STILL won more play off games then us since the turn of the century. Thats how bad it is.

Chiefs need to win out to even have a shot at the playoffs. Can they do that? I have to think the answer is a resounding no.

Now that the season is "over" at least we can look forward to getting some revenge at arrowhead against the raiders.

Guest Chieftain

There is no room for error. I wouldn't call them out of the playoffs yet. Got beat the Raiders first. Which isn't a gimme. If the defense starts getting some takeaways in the remaining games I expect wins. The -2 TO differential against AZ was killer. This team puts there back against the wall when they turn it over. Makes it even harder when defense doesn't take advantage of their takeaway opportunities. Once again, probably should have had 2 or 3 takeaways yesterday.

I saw these problems before the season started. When you fail to address deficiencies in the Offensive Line, there is no good that can come of it. Fisher is playing like a 2nd year mid draft rookie. He is nothing special, yet Eric Fisher is one our better players on the line. Other teams know they can throw a delayed blitz on us, and no one will pick anyone up. There is no help, because just playing at a mediocre level in the NFL is beyond their ability. They are stressed, and when your third best player is a mid draft rookie, things are not good. 

Name me one player on this offensive line that would start for Green Bay. Yes, Green Bay. Their offensive line is not the best, but it is light years... light years beyond where ours is today. 

A poor OL gets most quarterbacks killed. Look at Washington, and see how it has affected their quarterback situation. How are wide receivers going to do anything when the play breaks down before they can get into their routes? How are the running backs going to do anything if the other team just stacks it up inside, knowing our OL can not handle it? How does our QB have a chance? How does our defense have a shot if they are continually put in a position to defend?  

It all starts with the boys up front, and we got toddlers playing men. 

Tough being a chiefs fan. My 10 yr old loves the chiefs, but he's always heart broken when they lose. We live in Colorado so his friends are sporting their Manning jerseys and making fun of him and his team.

After the game, I finally broke down, and told him that he didn't have to be a chiefs fan anymore if he didn't want to be. I really don't want him going through what I've endured all my life. (45 yrs.) However, he said, "no way", "I am loyal to the chiefs and I will be a chiefs fan till  I die". " I will be there when they win the SB, and I will be be proud!"

Yes, it was one of those Father/Son moments that you will always remember. But what was more telling is that he is only 10, and he's bleeding the Red and Gold, even when his friends and peers constantly make fun of him for having such a bad team.

There's no argument that the chiefs have one of the best and most loyal fan bases in all of professional sports. At some point, the football gods will bless us, and we will get what we deserve. A Superbowl.........At some point.

I don't believe in curses. 

I have been a fan of the Chiefs for a long time. I began to follow the Chiefs when I picked the Chiefs to beat the Vikings in the Super Bowl. I watched the game on black and white tv in Indiana. My dad and I were the only Chief fans that day. Dad was a fan of Lenny Dawson, since he went to Purdue. 

New England Patriots had a long history of failure. They changed their fate when Belichik came to town. I believe change is possible, and for this reason, I remain optimistic. 

The Chiefs have frustrated, but they have also given me a lot of joy. I will remain a fan of the Chiefs. I hope they win. I am sure they'll get their shot some day. 

I saw these problems before the season started. When you fail to address deficiencies in the Offensive Line, there is no good that can come of it. Fisher is playing like a 2nd year mid draft rookie. He is nothing special, yet Eric Fisher is one our better players on the line. Other teams know they can throw a delayed blitz on us, and no one will pick anyone up. There is no help, because just playing at a mediocre level in the NFL is beyond their ability. They are stressed, and when your third best player is a mid draft rookie, things are not good.

Name me one player on this offensive line that would start for Green Bay. Yes, Green Bay. Their offensive line is not the best, but it is light years... light years beyond where ours is today.

A poor OL gets most quarterbacks killed. Look at Washington, and see how it has affected their quarterback situation. How are wide receivers going to do anything when the play breaks down before they can get into their routes? How are the running backs going to do anything if the other team just stacks it up inside, knowing our OL can not handle it? How does our QB have a chance? How does our defense have a shot if they are continually put in a position to defend?

It all starts with the boys up front, and we got toddlers playing men.

Online sucks but with a bad online and a qb that refuses to throw the ball down field there is. Nothing but disaster that can happen. No matter how good our pass blocking is alex still can't throw. 10 years in the league and has never has a 1000 hard reciever.

I don't believe in curses. 

I have been a fan of the Chiefs for a long time. I began to follow the Chiefs when I picked the Chiefs to beat the Vikings in the Super Bowl. I watched the game on black and white tv in Indiana. My dad and I were the only Chief fans that day. Dad was a fan of Lenny Dawson, since he went to Purdue. 

New England Patriots had a long history of failure. They changed their fate when Belichik came to town. I believe change is possible, and for this reason, I remain optimistic. 

The Chiefs have frustrated, but they have also given me a lot of joy. I will remain a fan of the Chiefs. I hope they win. I am sure they'll get their shot some day. 

Brady changed Bellicheat's fate. He was a failure in Cleveland. Favre/Rodgers made McCarthy a good coach. Warner made Whisenhunt a Super Bowl coach. Horse face made Shanahan. What happened when Manning left Indy. They were horrible enough to get Luck, now Pagano is a great coach. It's a QB league! A good QB makes the O-line  and the WR much better. Look at the WRs who leave the above QBs to go to other teams? 

You guys know that if we do nothing  but draft O-line guys, everyone will scream bloody murder.  But look at the only Chiefs team to win the superbowl.  The team drafted Ed Budde and Mo Moorman and Dave Hill and the rest of the Redwood Forest. It took them a few years to develop. It is a complex position to play.  They got a castoff journeyman QB named Len Dawson who was able to blossom because of that line.  If you want to be able to run and throw with success deep into the season and in the playoffs against good teams, you have to simply beat those teams on the LOS.  Beat them to a pulp there.  That is how it is done. You don't need a superman at QB.  If one is available, draft him, but priority one is the line.  It doesn't fill the seats for a few years, but when success comes, it comes in bunches.  We really need two absolutely dominant prospects for the O-line and at least one more for the D-line if we are ever serious about a super bowl.  They need to be huge, fast, smart, and have a chip on their shoulder.  They need a coach who knows how to make them mad all week.

I read this thread and felt compelled to double-check to make sure the Chiefs' record wasn't 0-14 with three weeks to play in the season.

Yes, some of you sound so miserable that I thought the Chiefs notched an 'L' during the bye week.

I was too busy laughing at the 49ers to worry about the Raiders fans that might still be bragging about their rainy day win over the Chiefs three weeks ago. I'm also laughing at pretty much every team with a throwing runningback. I'm also laughing at Eli Manning. 

Yes, the Chiefs need to focus on the offensive line in 2015, but this is still 2014.

I guess I'm one of those "new guys". I'm 64 years old, and have only been a Chiefs fan since 1980, the last 30 years or so.

But during my tenure as a Chiefs fan, I can tell you the worst aspect of being a Chiefs fan for me - having to listen to the whining and the denigrating of the team by all those Chiefs fans who are "realists" and who hold the optimists in such low esteem. Those "oldtimers" are so wise and have such a better grasp on the hard facts of the futility of this team. They somehow impute to themselves some kind of virtue because they have suffered so much. Poor babies. Please go root for a winner instead of sticking with losers like the Chiefs.

:lol:

You young whippersnappers don't understand that self-pity and frustration are one of the few realism-based pleasures available to those who have fully paid their dues. If we can't ruin it for the young guys, what fun is left for us other than having to pee all the time?

I guess I'm one of those "new guys". I'm 64 years old, and have only been a Chiefs fan since 1980, the last 30 years or so.

But during my tenure as a Chiefs fan, I can tell you the worst aspect of being a Chiefs fan for me - having to listen to the whining and the denigrating of the team by all those Chiefs fans who are "realists" and who hold the optimists in such low esteem. Those "oldtimers" are so wise and have such a better grasp on the hard facts of the futility of this team. They somehow impute to themselves some kind of virtue because they have suffered so much. Poor babies. Please go root for a winner instead of sticking with losers like the Chiefs.

I like you.

lol, your one of them true fans that Carl Peterson used to talk about huh? that was ok with  almost competing? lol    You can root for them all you want. I root for them every game as well, but i understand they dont have a shot to win a superbowl and never really have in ages. T his team is the ONLY team since 1983 to not draft a quarterback in round 1.

YOu need to find that stud quarterback in the draft somewhere and groom him. Its rare that qb's traded work out.  YEar in and year out the teams in the final 4 to go to the Superbowl are usually teams with that great qb.  Every now and then a average joe qb will sneak in there, but in order for that to happen the defense of that team has to be all world.  That is the hardest possible way to win a Superbowl in the NFL and if they do, they dont usually go back, great Defenses are to hard to keep together more then 3 years.

Archived