lets go, first game of the year

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, that is why you play these games. The Chiefs need to know about their team before these games count. I believe your starting corners September 7th will be Sean Smith and Marcus Cooper (unless an injury happens). 

Wait a second, Parker is not KC's starting CB but people are basing the pass coverage on that one play.

I'm basing my assessment of Parker based upon more than one play. This goes back to last year, and what I have heard about him in practice this year. The bigger issue for KC's secondary is their depth. Sean Smith is inconsistent, but good enough. Cooper is inexperienced, but potentially very, very good. 

Additionally, Abdullah and Berry are fairly strong at safety. Berry is being held out this game. Their depth behind Berry and Abdullah looked to be a concern, but Dorsey picked up some guys who seem to be a lot better than anticipated. 

Davis has improved tremendously since his senior year in college. Used to go down on contact, and carry the ball loose. Big props go to Davis and Bieniemy. 

not only that but it appears he has his pad level lower.. and if that true, with his size and speed he can be special.

Albert Wilson has huge upsides. He needs to get stronger (only did 10 reps). I cannot see how he fails to make the squad. Working with Rubin for a year will make a big difference in his game. He isn't far off as it is now. 

So does that mean that the Chiefs will run back every punt this year?

With that Pick 6 does that mean they are off the hook or is it when they look bad that is the only thing that counts?

I was simply saying that covering isn't a product of preseason. You can cover or you can't.

Archived