Will fans turn on Alice?

I love the sarcasm. The Chiefs have suffered some significant (perhaps career ending) injuries to key starters. I don't know how anyone could not foresee our problems one the offense line. They are still in position for a shot at the playoffs. They are what we sort of thought they would be (perhaps better-despite the accumulation of injuries. Derreck Johnson and DeVito would have helped win at least 2 more games.

The Chiefs may have to learn to play next year without such leaders as Berry, Johnson, and maybe Bowe. However, they will have more Cap room. League Cap just increased to $138.5 M. That should be enough to buy a free agent, and pay current key players.

The Chiefs could use a veteran LG to help develop Fisher. They could use a wide receiver and a RT. A starting ILB would be nice too. All of this is achievable.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argh... I'm still saying Alex shits his pants more often than people like to think. He misses more open targets 15-20 yards down field than anyone wants to admit, without the pressure in his face or at least very little pressure to affect the throw. He shits himself and tries to check down. There are the obvious cases that the flood gates open because of an atrocious line, but I'm not trapped into the idea that it happens every play and every bad read/missed throw is the lines fault because it isn't.

Argh... I'm still saying Alex shits his pants more often than people like to think. He misses more open targets 15-20 yards down field than anyone wants to admit, without the pressure in his face or at least very little pressure to affect the throw. He shits himself and tries to check down. There are the obvious cases that the flood gates open because of an atrocious line, but I'm not trapped into the idea that it happens every play and every bad read/missed throw is the lines fault because it isn't.

Remember how people used to get on here and talk about how good Cassel would be if he had a great oline, and great WR's with a Great Defense and a Great coach????

For some reason, I'm starting to think this is De-ja-vu...

Remember how people used to get on here and talk about how good Cassel would be if he had a great oline, and great WR's with a Great Defense and a Great coach????

Yep. Great QBs mask a ton of deficiencies. I've watched Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning play for equally as bad lines and have success, but they have that success because they can read and throw down the field when the defenses load the LOS. This backs off pressure and forces more 4 man rushes, which allows a bad O-line to better pick up. When you can consistently bring 5 or 6 guys, the line is going to struggle. When the QB can't pick that up and throw down field, and instead checks down, they are going to keep bringing the pressure. Everyone else on defense just attacks downhill against the check downs. I'm not as convinced that the receivers are as bad as they are made to seem as I am the QB won't throw the ball to them. They aren't great receivers, but I've seen every single one missed as a wide-open target.

I love the sarcasm. The Chiefs have suffered some significant (perhaps career ending) injuries to key starters. I don't know how anyone could not foresee our problems one the offense line. They are still in position for a shot at the playoffs. They are what we sort of thought they would be (perhaps better-despite the accumulation of injuries. Derreck Johnson and DeVito would have helped win at least 2 more games.

The Chiefs may have to learn to play next year without such leaders as Berry, Johnson, and maybe Bowe. However, they will have more Cap room. League Cap just increased to $138.5 M. That should be enough to buy a free agent, and pay current key players.

The Chiefs could use a veteran LG to help develop Fisher. They could use a wide receiver and a RT. A starting ILB would be nice too. All of this is achievable.

throw n the $26 mil that he is due after season ..now what does your cap#'s look like? All those players will be cut to pay him & lets not forget Hopouston.

Mr Smith is no longer  relatively cheap ... The Chiefs decide to keep him & I believe they will his cap hit wil be such that our defense suffers.  and no self respecting WR will want to play  for chiefs because Mr Smith cant/wont get the ball to them is the run more than 20 yrds down field.

On here we often talk about a good player but yet they are not worth the $$ they are/will be getting. Tamba , Eric Berry & Bowe are the most in your face. Now we are supposed to swallow  that Alice is worth his upcoming salary ????.... Gimme a F'n break.

no  I dont remember that at all  but then

Fair post without name calling. Thumbs up. Shits his pants is different than how I would describe the same over-hesitancy, but that's just style, not disrespectful, IMO.

Starting? many of us said this was the same story again.  Is Alex better then Matt? absolutely, but thats not saying much. lol

We need to keep looking for a franchise QB while continuing to muster what we can with Alex. The only way you can be a serious contender in the NFL is drafting one. I say use a couple picks on QB's this draft. Could it honestly hurt? How many picks do we have in 2015, quite a few if I can remember.

We need to keep looking for a franchise QB while continuing to muster what we can with Alex. The only way you can be a serious contender in the NFL is drafting one. I say use a couple picks on QB's this draft. Could it honestly hurt? How many picks do we have in 2015, quite a few if I can remember.

Depending on where they are taken it could either help, hurt (other needs), or no big deal.

Smith has three games to prove himself. We are basically in the playoffs mode right now. (No, I am not saying we are in the playoffs, I'm saying we are in win or go home right now.) If we cannot beat the Steelers and Chargers, there would be no what if's about beating someone in the playoffs, for me. Currently, there are no what if's about winning the Super Bowl, because I don't think we would, but if we make it to the playoffs, there could be some what if's about winning in the first round. After that he might have a year or two to keep his job.

He has a chance to prove himself, that's all I ask for. You won't get me calling him a girl's name, but being ok with picking a QB, it's depends on how he does. He has to know that there is urgency here.

Smith isnt going to prove anything, this is his 10th year in the NFL. He's not going to change who he is. I wish he would magically turn into this awesome qb, that throws balls to WR's when they are NFL open not Alex Smith open, but its not going to happen.

Sundays game is going to be just like the rest, he's going to have 2-4 drives where he plays ok and if we dont score at least 2-3 touchdowns in them drives we lose.  

This is who Alex is, he doesnt play complete games, never has.  Not even in the 45-44 embarrassment of the play off game in Jan. He played 2 quarters very well then, nothing. lol

Fair post without name calling. Thumbs up. Shits his pants is different than how I would describe the same over-hesitancy, but that's just style, not disrespectful, IMO.

It really gets to you calling him Alice doesn't it?? Good thing you were never in Boot Camp you'd be beat down to a sniveling mess.

Sticks & Stones brother, if names regardless bother you then ... good luck

It really gets to you calling him Alice doesn't it?? Good thing you were never in Boot Camp you'd be beat down to a sniveling mess.

Sticks & Stones brother, if names regardless bother you then ... good luck

Not about me. I've been called names before. I'm ok with that. I'm just talking about having a good board experience. It's not like I reported you or started calling you names (though I don't thinK doing so would amount to anything). I don't think name calling adds to it. That's all.

Smith isnt going to prove anything, this is his 10th year in the NFL. He's not going to change who he is. I wish he would magically turn into this awesome qb, that throws balls to WR's when they are NFL open not Alex Smith open, but its not going to happen.

Sundays game is going to be just like the rest, he's going to have 2-4 drives where he plays ok and if we dont score at least 2-3 touchdowns in them drives we lose.

This is who Alex is, he doesnt play complete games, never has. Not even in the 45-44 embarrassment of the play off game in Jan. He played 2 quarters very well then, nothing. lol

He can prove that he can win when it counts. That's what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about proving that he's a gunslinger. He's done it in the playoffs. Once you have, you have to prove you can do it longer. That's what I'm talking about. When one loses, I'm okay with breaking down the game and saying someone didn't play well in one segment. I'm okay with the Colts game you talked about, despite him getting almost half his yards in the second half. But when he won against the Saints, one couldn't necessarily call it a complete game, but that was winning when it mattered.

About him never completing games, that's bullshit. Every QB that has lasted as long as he had has done it. Sometimes you start running the clock out, but I wouldn't call that not playing a complete game.

I'm not against people saying he's not the answer, is to hesitant, etc. I'm against name calling on a board and exaggerations made. Nevers, cant's, always, bugs me sometimes.

Give Smith a clean pocket, and he can make the throws. It isn't a new concept. Sure, there are some few quarterbacks who can make throws under tremendous pressure. Those aren't hanging on trees. Smith can be accurate within a certain parameter. The Chiefs know what they have to do. They have to fix their line, and get one more receiver, who can get open, and punish teams. I believe the Chiefs need a veteran on their offensive line. They don't have a decent vet outside of Hudson. Hudson is good, but not great. Rodney Hudson is the best player on their offensive line. He is probably the 18th or 19th best center in the NFL. Eric Fisher ranks around 25th in the NFL at LT. After that, the next best is Zach Fulton. Sorry folks, for a 6th round rookie he is doing fantastic, but in terms of the NFL, he is near the bottom of all starting RGs. Harris is awful, and there are no good words for McGlynn, who is also playing hurt. 

Allen will return to the Chiefs, IMO. He cannot demand starting $. So, the Chiefs won't mind having him on the team. Draft a RT in the first round. Get a FA LG, and have Allen compete with Fulton at RG. 

Give Smith a clean pocket, and he can make the throws. It isn't a new concept. Sure, there are some few quarterbacks who can make throws under tremendous pressure. Those aren't hanging on trees. Smith can be accurate within a certain parameter. The Chiefs know what they have to do. They have to fix their line, and get one more receiver, who can get open, and punish teams. I believe the Chiefs need a veteran on their offensive line. They don't have a decent vet outside of Hudson. Hudson is good, but not great. Rodney Hudson is the best player on their offensive line. He is probably the 18th or 19th best center in the NFL. Eric Fisher ranks around 25th in the NFL at LT. After that, the next best is Zach Fulton. Sorry folks, for a 6th round rookie he is doing fantastic, but in terms of the NFL, he is near the bottom of all starting RGs. Harris is awful, and there are no good words for McGlynn, who is also playing hurt.

Allen will return to the Chiefs, IMO. He cannot demand starting $. So, the Chiefs won't mind having him on the team. Draft a RT in the first round. Get a FA LG, and have Allen compete with Fulton at RG.

People will say that Smith doesn't have A or B but he wouldn't do D with an A or B because he doesn't do C without A and B.

Alex needs to step up in crunch time and fans will love him.

No they wont, there are fans who didn't like the deal that brought him here, they don't like the fact that he doesn't air it out, they don't like the idea of taking the ball out of Charles hands. People will despise a player no matter what. The Chiefs could win the SB under Smith and people will still complain about him. Its the nature of the beast.

No they wont, there are fans who didn't like the deal that brought him here, they don't like the fact that he doesn't air it out, they don't like the idea of taking the ball out of Charles hands. People will despise a player no matter what. The Chiefs could win the SB under Smith and people will still complain about him. Its the nature of the beast.

I won't say they'll complain, but credit will go everywhere else instead of to everyone.

Not about me. I've been called names before. I'm ok with that. I'm just talking about having a good board experience. It's not like I reported you or started calling you names (though I don't thinK doing so would amount to anything). I don't think name calling adds to it. That's all.

LOL fair enough

Hey KCSL.. you a Bay area guy?

Nope. I have lived in Los Angeles and Washington. One day, I would love to visit Kansas City. My uncle went to law school in Missouri and he introduced me to the Chiefs. I went to USC, where Cassel went. Cassel never played for the Trojans, so I never became that attached to him. I probably would have been a Seattle Seahawks fan if not for my uncle. Or perhaps a Chargers fan due to the proximity of San Diego to Los Angeles.

no worries. Funny enough that was going to be my 2nd question if you had some attachment to the Ute's. There was a pre & post game guy from the Bay area  ( he does the Raiders) on 810 am  this morning. He just ragged on Smith something terrible. He told  Soren Petro that Smith was exactly what he told the Chiefs fan's he'd be and after 10 years in the league he is what we see now. I thought of you & wondered if you had heard of the guy.

I have been to Utah  for an Elk Hunt.Met some guys in Provo & headed east to the Colorado line. Pretty country and met a bunch of good people but Provo & Salt Lake City kinda gave me the creeps. I felt like I was in a Stepford Wives movie.

no hard feelings, your a good addition to this forum.

Archived