12 rushes for our best offensive weapon

Guest Chieftain

Unbelievable

I agree, though Knile had 9 carries in garbage time. Charles is going to have to rush at least 20 times against Pittsburgh I think for the Offense to be successful.

I agree, though Knile had 9 carries in garbage time. Charles is going to have to rush at least 20 times against Pittsburgh I think for the Offense to be successful.

True. The only concern I have are the offensive penalties. We can't beat Pitt by backing ourselves into long down and distances. We'll have to control the clock with the running game. Pitt has struggled stopping the run this year and their secondary has struggled greatly because of their ineffective pass rush. Kelce, needs to wrap up the ball! He could have been stripped stretching out for no reason on that last TD. 

Do you people not understand that his ankle & knee are worn the fuck out?? Would you be happy to run him until the last play and have a career ending injury? Evidently you would. Davis is a capable back up he needs more reps.  If this game really meant something above and beyond trying to beat a team that sucks anyway  I might see the point. The game was well in hand. I personally believe we shoulda seen Daniels in a QB way before we did.

30 attempts passing is still pretty low in this league. I'm pretty sure that we were trying to get out of the Oakland game without hurting Charles. I know that all it takes is one snap to get hurt, so he cannot avoid it, but when we can beat them with the pass, why not? Charles is important to not get injured. The only reason I would see is that the offensive line could get our quarterback injured.

Do you people not understand that his ankle & knee are worn the fuck out?? Would you be happy to run him until the last play and have a career ending injury? Evidently you would. Davis is a capable back up he needs more reps.  If this game really meant something above and beyond trying to beat a team that sucks anyway  I might see the point. The game was well in hand. I personally believe we shoulda seen Daniels in a QB way before we did.

Not to mention they ran the concussion test on him on the sideline.  He must have took a shot.

30 attempts passing is still pretty low in this league. I'm pretty sure that we were trying to get out of the Oakland game without hurting Charles. I know that all it takes is one snap to get hurt, so he cannot avoid it, but when we can beat them with the pass, why not? Charles is important to not get injured. The only reason I would see is that the offensive line could get our quarterback injured.

30 pass attempts, a sack, and three scrambles represent 57.6% of the Chiefs' offensive plays. If they could convert more third downs, they might get more offensive snaps. If the offensive wouldn't keep giving yardage to the defense to the tune of 69 yards, that would also help this offense.

30 pass attempts, a sack, and three scrambles represent 57.6% of the Chiefs' offensive plays. If they could convert more third downs, they might get more offensive snaps. If the offensive wouldn't keep giving yardage to the defense to the tune of 69 yards, that would also help this offense.

If they could avoid penalties as well. It was ugly, penalties back and forth a la Faider football. We snapped out of it, but we can't have that in Pitt. Just can't.

They won. Charles left the game without sustaining a serious injury. Its all good.

If defense are going to key on one player (Jamaal Charles), then you better learn a way to get around it. The Chiefs will need a healthy Jamaal Charles if they are to do well the remainder of this year, and in the future. However, they also have to become a more balanced team. Passing when the other team is setting up to stop the run is not unbalanced. It is smart. Jamaal Charles could have made a really long reception if he only caught the ball before running. He'll get more opportunities. He didn't seem mortally wounded or psychologically bent over only 12 carries. He's a team player. Its football, and football is the ultimate team game. 

Jamaal Charles hardly practiced this week. He thought he had a season ending injury at Arizona. His knee and ankle were swollen after the game. I don't mind the Chiefs using Jamaal Charles in a limited fashion if they win. They won. I am not unhappy. 

I have more concerns over Fisher getting repeatedly beat to the outside. I have even more frustrations with Harris, McGlynn, Stephenson and Linkenbach

He ran the hell over one of the raiders near the goal line.  CBS featured the "sound" from the hit and it was a snot knocker.

I agree with OT, if JC can get a breather with the game in hand....Great for him and the team.

If KC beats Pitt 7-6 and JC has 3 carries and leaves the game healthy,  I'll be happy as a clam.

The fact of the matter is that if JC's season ends, so does the Chiefs hopes.

w

Game was in hand. Charles has knee and ankle issues. I don't have a problem with it. 

Lets not forget he had to take a concussion test, because him and that DB went head on and after you seen Charles shake his head trying to shake something off.

Archived