Missed It

The stats probably don't bear this out, but it seemed like we had the most passes beyond 7 yards of any game this year. That's not saying much, but it's a start. We had the deepest through the air completion and the longest passing TD of the year.

There was one pass that looked like it was wide-open Smith overthrew. However, the only reason why it was that wide-open was because somebody fell and that person fell after the ball was in the air. Still, he could've had that. He should have had that. But I think that he just thought it was going to be more of a challenged defense to the pass.

There was one pass that Charles drop that would've been a big gain in YAC. Charles looked like he might have been weary of getting injured. So it makes sense why he didn't run that much. I don't know why Davis didn't run more other than typical Andy.

Very sloppy win. Both teams looked ready for the off season.

I don't think the game was sloppy. If pressed, the three things that I would see being sloppy were:

1. Two missed field goals by Santos. Or was it one?

2. The mist passed by Smith that I mentioned in the post above.

3. The fact that we for no reason went one for five on the last Smith drives trying to run the clock out in passing and instead of running the ball. The last Smith drive, we did run the ball a couple times before one pass.

Alex Smith threw some strikes. Some of the misses were due to timing passes where the receiver did not run an accurate route. Overall, they torched Oakland. 

KC's defense settled down, and Oakland was not able to throw or run. Oakland gave up on the run, and Carr was not able to deliver. The KC pass defense was good. Their defensive backs contested almost every reception. They held their receivers for small gains when receptions were made. 

A big lift came when Oakland punted off to KC, and DAT, the black momba, took it to the house. Still, the Chiefs were unable to shake Oakland in the first half. the

The Chiefs broke the game open in the second half. Oakland is very good at protecting their QB, and Carr is good at not giving up a sack. Still, the Chiefs got to Carr, and he was not effective. 

Albert Wilson made a beautiful over the back catch for 48 yards. He is going to be something special. He did cut off a few routes, and had trouble on a timing pattern (which could have caused an INT). 

Kelce had a mixed report. He made some nice catches, but missed a sure pass. He also coughed up another fumble. He simply needs to do a better job wrapping up the ball. He did come back to catch a pass for a touchdown, running over several Oakland defenders in the process. 

Jamaal Charles had some nice runs, but got stuffed a few times for short yards. He had a chance to make a long play on a pass, but ran before taking the ball in. There was one scary moment, where he got hit pretty hard. Charles limped to the sidelines for one play, and returned. 

Knile Davis danced too much in the backfield. He needs to stop doing that. As a consequence, he lost yards. However, he did make a stellar pass reception, and stunned the Raiders for a 70 yard score. 

Fleming, Parker, Owens, and Abdullah played very well. I didn't see much of Cooper, but he recorded 3 tackles. 

I don't think the game was sloppy. If pressed, the three things that I would see being sloppy were:

1. Two missed field goals by Santos. Or was it one?

2. The mist passed by Smith that I mentioned in the post above.

3. The fact that we for no reason went one for five on the last Smith drives trying to run the clock out in passing and instead of running the ball. The last Smith drive, we did run the ball a couple times before one pass.

The incomplete pass to Wilson was not on Smith. It was a timing pattern, and Wilson ran a bad route. He needed to be crisper, and rounded it out. That made all the difference. The pass was at Wilson's shoelaces, and still almost completed it. 

Also, Alex Smith showed a lot of toughness. For the second time in a row, he tackled a player following a turnover. Against Arizona, Smith tackled a player after he was intercepted. This time, the goof was on Kelce, who fumbled the ball. This time the runner was a 300 lb defensive back, and Alex Smith took him down with the skills of a rodeo wrangler. 

Of course, it figures that Smith would end on 297 yards. He did that a couple times in his career, like six or seven times. People like to point out how few times he's got over 300, but they don't look at how close they are. I know close doesn't count because other quarterbacks get close and pass 300 more often, but it's not like every game is 200.

The stats probably don't bear this out, but it seemed like we had the most passes beyond 7 yards of any game this year. That's not saying much, but it's a start. We had the deepest through the air completion and the longest passing TD of the year.

There was one pass that looked like it was wide-open Smith overthrew. However, the only reason why it was that wide-open was because somebody fell and that person fell after the ball was in the air. Still, he could've had that. He should have had that. But I think that he just thought it was going to be more of a challenged defense to the pass.

There was one pass that Charles drop that would've been a big gain in YAC. Charles looked like he might have been weary of getting injured. So it makes sense why he didn't run that much. I don't know why Davis didn't run more other than typical Andy.

again with the excuses. The truth is it was a bad pass over thrown to anyone except a much taller player..but at least Smith tried. Smith did thrown a nice pass to Bowe but for some reason Bowe did not drag his right foot.That was a head scratcher and showed exactly how undisciplined Bowe is as a WR.

the Kelce fumble made you go "OH  SHIT here we go again"

the drop by Charles was disappointing.  Charles just tried to run before he got he ball.

Smith did complete at pass for 47 yrds this time to Albert Wilson. I dont think that was mentioned.

Wayyyy too many penalties but I think the refs were over officious jerks to add insult to injury.

The Chiefs played the Raiders as Marty would of told them too. Keep the game close and the Raiders will eventually implode. Thats what happened. The Chiefs played a C game but beat an F team team doing it.

An important aspect not mentioned was Sutton's game plan. After being gashed by the run in Oakland, he decided to shut down the run at all costs. He stacked the line all day and dared Oakland to beat us in the air. It worked beautifully, simply because Carr was not up to the task and our secondary played really well. That strategy wouldn't have worked against an elite QB, but it was a smart move in this case. Chiefs got an early lead, and the game was never really in doubt. 10-3 at halftime felt pretty comfortable and then the Chiefs broke it open in the third quarter. It really was more of a rout than the score indicated.

I heard today that Poe is worn out. Some of that run gashing is because Poe is supposed to draw a double team and lately hasn't.

Some unsolicited advice from the guy who just did it. DO NOT FLY THRU CHICAGO OHARE DURING CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS. Its as bad as advertised.

I heard today that Poe is worn out. Some of that run gashing is because Poe is supposed to draw a double team and lately hasn't.

Some unsolicited advice from the guy who just did it. DO NOT EVER FLY THRU CHICAGO OHARE.

Fixed it for ya. 

BTW.......O'Hare is Irish for "You're Fucked!!!!!"

Some unsolicited advice from the guy who just did it. DO NOT FLY THRU CHICAGO OHARE DURING CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS. Its as bad as advertised.

Horrible place to transfer through any time of the year.

Thunderstorms in the summer.  Blizzards and ice in the winter.

I hear RGIII works part time at the Subway in Dulles Airport. 

Gruden is throwing all their players under the bus right and left. I wouldn't doubt if they all quit to work for a sub shop. 

Looking at the mess at Washington, Snyder has not made many good decisions about head coaches. Bill Zorn, Mike Shanahan, and Jay Gruden were three horrible choices in a row. Zorn was supposed to be their OC, but Snyder decided, at the last moment, to make him their head coach (without any previous experience). Shanahan was known to be a QB killer, and damaged goods after Denver. Then, they went with Jay Gruden, who was clearly not ready for HC at the NFL level. 

Archived