You guys do know

You do know that games are not played on paper, players get injured, weather may be a factor, etc.? The Steelers are an up and down team that needed a pick six from their not so good defense to win yesterday (yes, on the road) and a 25 point fourth quarter to beat the Bengals (we can stop that for one quarter - though not two in the Colts playoff game). If the Bengals can hang, so can we (though they did it at home). We are better on the road sometimes.

Having said that, we all know we are the underdogs. Now with SF out of the playoffs, who knows how motivated they are to beat the Chargers on Saturday (not a typo - the game is on Saturday). So SD may be playing for a playoff birth. Damnit.

our playoff hopes will come to an end next week right?

We can not do to Pittsburg what we did to the Raiders.  Ben and Brown will own us! Not sure how we stop Bell.  This team is built to our weaknesses.  They run the ball great, and have a hell of a QB an WR.  

While I respect Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown, I do not fear them. Le'Veon Bell has been leaned on heavily in the past couple weeks, and I'm not expecting him to have a great week statistically. There are some advantages that go to the Steelers, but to suggest that the Steelers' offense is going to run over the Chiefs is to give way too much credit to an offense that has been inconsistent from week to week. Their defense, historically their strong point, has actually not been very good. In both yardage allowed and points allowed, they rank in the lower half of the NFL.

I think it's safe to assume that it will have been easier to beat the Raiders in Kansas City than it will have been to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh, but I'm optimistic that the Chiefs will at least play a solid game.

It should be noted that if the Steelers win this weekend, they will have clinched a playoff berth, whereas if they lose, they'll likely face a win-and-in scenario when they host the Bengals in week 17.

While I respect Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown, I do not fear them. Le'Veon Bell has been leaned on heavily in the past couple weeks, and I'm not expecting him to have a great week statistically. There are some advantages that go to the Steelers, but to suggest that the Steelers' offense is going to run over the Chiefs is to give way too much credit to an offense that has been inconsistent from week to week. Their defense, historically their strong point, has actually not been very good. In both yardage allowed and points allowed, they rank in the lower half of the NFL.

I think it's safe to assume that it will have been easier to beat the Raiders in Kansas City than it will have been to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh, but I'm optimistic that the Chiefs will at least play a solid game.

It should be noted that if the Steelers win this weekend, they will have clinched a playoff berth, whereas if they lose, they'll likely face a win-and-in scenario when they host the Bengals in week 17.

My friend is the Steelers and and while I didn't want them in the playoffs, I hope for him that they are looking somewhere at the Bengals game as a pseudo-redo.

You do know that games are not played on paper, players get injured, weather may be a factor, etc.? The Steelers are an up and down team that needed a pick six from their not so good defense to win yesterday (yes, on the road) and a 25 point fourth quarter to beat the Bengals (we can stop that for one quarter - though not two in the Colts playoff game). If the Bengals can hang, so can we (though they did it at home). We are better on the road sometimes.

Having said that, we all know we are the underdogs. Now with SF out of the playoffs, who knows how motivated they are to beat the Chargers on Saturday (not a typo - the game is on Saturday). So SD may be playing for a playoff birth. Damnit.

Yes, I know the game is not played on paper, but I do know that their strengths are our weaknesses.  I hope you are correct, and we can go and get the victory.  I was just stirrin the pot a little!

We can not do to Pittsburg what we did to the Raiders. Ben and Brown will own us! Not sure how we stop Bell. This team is built to our weaknesses. They run the ball great, and have a hell of a QB an WR.

No qb and receiver have owned us this year. None.

However, Bell is the next Charles. I do agree that we will lose.

Hell the 49er game too.

The four losses in order of irritability for me:

1. Oakland TNF

2. Tennessee

3. 49ers

4. Arizona

5. Second Denver game.

6. First Denver game

The order of importance for the season is different:

1. First Denver.

2. Second Denver.

3. Oakland.

4. Tennessee.

5. Arizona.

6. 49ers.

I have the tiebreaker between the 49ers and Arizona as strength of victory. Beating Arizona would've been a bigger deal in any tiebreaker.

Haley will have the offense ready.., I think he's got this game circled.., We need to beat them just so he won't be able to gloat..,

Much as I hate to say it, he has Pittsburgh's offense is looking pretty good..,

On a side note, Pioli has turned Atlanta into a punching bag..,

Some pretty average RBs have had good games against this defense. Bell will gocrazy. Time for the offense to light up the scoreboard.

People like to site overall stats or the Thursday night football Oakland game, but a lot of that rushing was only one rush. Yes, they get credit for that, but some people would say that a lot of the passing yards we got was just at 70 yarder by Davis.

Overall, besides a couple plays, are we letting people get a lot yards because they're good, because we're bad, because we're injured, or because we are underestimating them? Obviously, it is a combination of some of those. If it is the right ones, we can limit Bell. If it is the combination of the wrong ones, then, you're right.

I don't care if they give up yards. As long as pitt doesn't score (or held to field goals) we have a good shot to win. Furthermore, Pitt's defense is not that good. We should be able to move the ball.

The chiefs have played against some pretty good defenses thus far, this one shouldn't be any different. I think Linkensuck will be the real difference, just as he was yesterday.

Yea, I know the Raiders are a bad team, but they way they handled us the first game, brought a lot of light to how much better the run defense improved with Mays, and oline performed with Linkenbach.

Guest Tomahawkchop

We can not do to Pittsburg what we did to the Raiders.  Ben and Brown will own us! Not sure how we stop Bell.  This team is built to our weaknesses.  They run the ball great, and have a hell of a QB an WR.  

The Steelers have played one of the weakest schedules in the entire NFL this years.  They've played the AFC south and the NFC South.  Outside of the Colts, they've played a bunch of crap teams - and lost to a handful of those crap teams (Saints, Bucs, Browns, Jets).  They are not unbeatable - not even at home.  Ben is exactly the kind of QB that the Chiefs can rack up some sacks on.  Holds on to the ball trying to make the big play and is not exactly mobile.  

I'm not saying the Chiefs will/can win this game, but to suggest they are just out of it based on your impression of the quality of team the Steelers are is flawed.  

My prediction is the Chiefs get all jacked up for this game knowing it's essentially a playoff game for them.... win and their season continues, lose and they're virtually assured of missing the post-season. 

My prediction is the Chiefs get all jacked up for this game knowing it's essentially a playoff game for them.... win and their season continues, lose and they're virtually assured of missing the post-season. 

No "virtually" about it.

They need to win out in order to go on and lose to the Colts in the first round of the playoffs.

The Chiefs may lose, but I expect them to have a shot. Pittsburgh's defense is not nearly what it used to be. Their passing defense is suspect. They don't really get after the opposing QB, and they are not good against the run. 

I think it will be a high scoring game. However, whenever we think there  will be a lot of scoring, it seems teams decide to play it safe, and the score is low. 

The Chiefs may lose, but I expect them to have a shot. Pittsburgh's defense is not nearly what it used to be. Their passing defense is suspect. They don't really get after the opposing QB, and they are not good against the run. 

I think it will be a high scoring game. However, whenever we think there  will be a lot of scoring, it seems teams decide to play it safe, and the score is low. 

Could surprise us and be a low scoring game. The Chiefs need to avoid shootouts by any means. We won't win a shootout against Pitt, but we can win a defensive type of struggler a la the Seattle game.

Archived