Kansas City Chiefs haven't won in Pittsburgh in nearly 30 years

The Kansas City Chiefs must beat the Pittsburgh Steelers this weekend to continue to control their own playoff destiny. Unfortunately, that's not an easy thing to do. The Steelers are a good team and the Chiefs haven't been very good playing in Pittsburgh in a while.

By "in a while", I mean since 1986. The Chiefs haven't won in Pittsburgh since 1986. The last time Kansas City won in Pittsburgh Bill Kenney and Todd Blackledge were taking snaps for the team. Stephone Paige was catching passes and Bill Maas was sacking the quarterback. Here is the box score for that 24-19 victory over the Steelers in 1986.

The Chiefs are 4-9 all-time in Pittsburgh and 0-2 at Heinz Field, which opened in 2001.

The Steelers beat the Chiefs on Monday Night Football in Pittsburgh in 2012. A few years before that, the Steelers destroyed the Chiefs in Pittsburgh, 45-7, in 2006. Oddly, the Chiefs didn't play in Pittsburgh from 1990-2006, meaning there were eight straight matchups at Arrowhead. That's kind of odd.

Overall, the Chiefs are 10-19 against the Steelers.

That the Chiefs haven't won in Pittsburgh since 1986 doesn't actually matter for this game. It's a nice stat that shows some history but has no bearing on this game.

What were you doing the last time the Chiefs won in Pittsburgh?

My brother and co-editor of the site, Chris, was still pooping in his diapers (you can call him poopy Chris).

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/12/17/7407707/kansas-city-chiefs-beat-pittsburgh-steelers-records-30-yards

The team was well on their way to the number 1 pick in the draft.  Really didn't like the dancing around thing they pulled but.......  It is what it is.

I think the chiefs are gonna have their hands more full this time around.

The team was well on their way to the number 1 pick in the draft.  Really didn't like the dancing around thing they pulled but.......  It is what it is.

I think the chiefs are gonna have their hands more full this time around.

The end-zone celebration for good measure. This group has had good chemistry for sometime. 

Archived