What happens this Sunday?

Steelers peaking at the right time and this isnt Oakland. 27 - 10. Pitt. Season ending. Noshame lising to Denver or Arizona but first Oakland game sunk us. Means we cannot lose Sunday and continue on.

Up and down season but its been entertaining.

I'll joyously eat my words Sunday if I am wrong.

As long as we aren't screwed by the refs, I will accept what happens as us being who we are. Win and we're up to the challenge, lose and we're not cut out for it - Seattle and Patriots games be damned. If refs screw them, I'll reserve comment until after our final game - Week 17 or whatever round in the playoffs.

Guest okiechief

I have gone back and forth on this game all week. At this point I don't really have an expectation of win or lose. I think it doesn't get decided till late by either team.

I do find myself wishing that the Chiefs had not let the games against the Raiders or Cardinals get away from them. I'm not worried so much about whether or not the Chiefs can win this weekend. They certainly can. What worries me is that they will spend everything they have to get this win, and have almost nothing left on which to make their final home stand against the Chargers next week.

One game at a time. If they win out, they play in January.

Meanwhile, for all of you folks that are so down on the Chiefs, would you rather be in the Saints' position?: If they win at home against the Falcons and the Panthers fail to defend their home ground against the Browns, they would clinch a playoff berth with a 7-8 record. Read that again. Let it sink in. 7-8 to clinch a playoff berth! You could be rooting for that team.

Guest dhitter

I do find myself wishing that the Chiefs had not let the games against the Raiders or Cardinals get away from them. I'm not worried so much about whether or not the Chiefs can win this weekend. They certainly can. What worries me is that they will spend everything they have to get this win, and have almost nothing left on which to make their final home stand against the Chargers next week.

One game at a time. If they win out, they play in January.

Meanwhile, for all of you folks that are so down on the Chiefs, would you rather be in the Saints' position?: If they win at home against the Falcons and the Panthers fail to defend their home ground against the Browns, they would clinch a playoff berth with a 7-8 record. Read that again. Let it sink in. 7-8 to clinch a playoff berth! You could be rooting for that team.

Wow...let's see. Would I rather my team make the playoffs or not? Oh these pesky decisions. 

Regardless of record the Saints are a dangerous team. If they were to win a playoff game I don't think anyone would care at all what their record was going in. That would be more than the Chiefs have done in over 20 years. 

So let me pose this. If you had to choose between the two...would you rather the Chiefs go into the playoffs at 7-9 like the Seahawks did a few years ago, win a playoff game before bowing out...or go 13-3, win the division and then be one and done by getting beat at home by a team you are supposed to beat? Getting in is the goal, making the most of your chance once you are in is what it's all about. I don't think Saints fans are going to apologize for their teams record if they make the playoffs. And they shouldn't.

Wow...let's see. Would I rather my team make the playoffs or not? Oh these pesky decisions.

Regardless of record the Saints are a dangerous team. If they were to win a playoff game I don't think anyone would care at all what their record was going in. That would be more than the Chiefs have done in over 20 years.

So let me pose this. If you had to choose between the two...would you rather the Chiefs go into the playoffs at 7-9 like the Seahawks did a few years ago, win a playoff game before bowing out...or go 13-3, win the division and then be one and done by getting beat at home by a team you are supposed to beat? Getting in is the goal, making the most of your chance once you are in is what it's all about. I don't think Saints fans are going to apologize for their teams record if they make the playoffs. And they shouldn't.

I do find it ironic that they now might get home-field advantage for one around after complaining about Seattle getting it at home years ago when Seattle came in at 7-9 and beat them at the Clink (whatever it was called back then).

I do find it ironic that they now might get home-field advantage for one around after complaining about Seattle getting it at home years ago when Seattle came in at 7-9 and beat them at the Clink (whatever it was called back then).

Yep..agreed. When it's the other guy we cry foul. When the shoe is on the other foot...well.

Kinda like penalties....when a bad call goes against our team we scream bloody murder. But if it favors our team we go "oh well, sh*t happens." Perspective is everything...lol.

Well the Chiefs will win and I'll tell you why!! I have a Chiefs shrine on my desk at work! I had my own office in the back of the plant, I am the Plant Manager of the biggest automotive wheel manufacturer in the United States. The VP ask me to move up front in the main office at the time when the season was starting so I was in process of everything being pack up to be moved, during this time the Chiefs lost to Ten & Denver. I moved into my new desk and put my shrine up and boom the Chiefs won games against Mia and NE. The next week the front office was being painted so I had to pack my shrine up that weekend and the Chiefs lost to SF. On Monday when I got back to work after the loss I quickly put my shrine back up and the Chiefs rip off 5 wins in a row. Now I'm sure you guys think I am full of shit but now the front office was scheduled to be re-carpeted starting on the Nov 22nd thru the Thanksgiving holiday so I would have to have my shrine packed up on the 21st, so I'm sure those of you that know the Chiefs schedule know they played during primetime TNT on Nov 20th so we should have won because the shrine was still up until the 21st. Wrong I am the biggest Chiefs fan in the state of Kentucky(sorry kychief) so I took vacation on the 20th and 21st and I packed up everything before I left work on the 19th and they lose. Monday the 24th I returned to work determined to get my shrine back up but I couldn't even get into the front office where the new carpet was going down and low and behold the Chiefs lose to Denver. By now I am sure you are saying this guy is really full of shit and even I thought this is just coincidence and being so pissed because the Chiefs lost to the fricken Raiders & Denver two AFC west divisional losses I didn't put my shrine back up before the Arizona game and low and behold now they have dropped 3 straight. I almost just left my shrine packed with playoff hopes fading but I decided to put it back up before the Raiders game and true to form we beat the Raiders. So now that brings us to the Pittsburgh game and the shrine is up so unless all this shit I just typed has no relevance we will win the game and move on to SD at home. I can't predict scores just wins and losses!!! CHIEFS WIN !!!!

Guest Chieftain

Realistically the Steelers win 24-20 but the homer in me says differently. Chiefs win 20-16, the Defense holds the 
Steelers to 3 field goals and 1 touchdown, Roethlisberger throws 2 Int's. Bell has a decent but underwhelming game with 21 carries for 95 yards. Alex Smith throws not 1, but 2 Td's to WR's; 1 to Bowe and 1 to Avant.

At times like this it makes me question some of yawl’s credibility. The Steelers have played four teams with winning records this season and went 3-1. Over the past 5 games they have gone 3-2 with only one team with the winning record the other four teams had a combined record of 16-41. If this had been the Chiefs many of you in here would be talking about how the Chiefs can’t beat a good team or how they have beaten a bunch of losing teams. Sorry guys but losing to the Jets and Saints while beating the Titans, Falcons and an up and down Cinci isn’t getting hot its having a favorable schedule at the end of the season.

Unlike in the past I believe the Chiefs go up there and take their rushing game along with special teams and beats Pittsburgh. Of course KC could also exploit Pittsburgh piss poor passing D and throw it a few times to keep them honest. As far as I know, no team in the SB era has ever gone an entire season without a TD going to a WR, so what better time for them to break the slump then against the 25th ranked passing D.

Well the Chiefs will win and I'll tell you why!! I have a Chiefs shrine on my desk at work! I had my own office in the back of the plant, I am the Plant Manager of the biggest automotive wheel manufacturer in the United States. The VP ask me to move up front in the main office at the time when the season was starting so I was in process of everything being pack up to be moved, during this time the Chiefs lost to Ten & Denver. I moved into my new desk and put my shrine up and boom the Chiefs won games against Mia and NE. The next week the front office was being painted so I had to pack my shrine up that weekend and the Chiefs lost to SF. On Monday when I got back to work after the loss I quickly put my shrine back up and the Chiefs rip off 5 wins in a row. Now I'm sure you guys think I am full of shit but now the front office was scheduled to be re-carpeted starting on the Nov 22nd thru the Thanksgiving holiday so I would have to have my shrine packed up on the 21st, so I'm sure those of you that know the Chiefs schedule know they played during primetime TNT on Nov 20th so we should have won because the shrine was still up until the 21st. Wrong I am the biggest Chiefs fan in the state of Kentucky(sorry kychief) so I took vacation on the 20th and 21st and I packed up everything before I left work on the 19th and they lose. Monday the 24th I returned to work determined to get my shrine back up but I couldn't even get into the front office where the new carpet was going down and low and behold the Chiefs lose to Denver. By now I am sure you are saying this guy is really full of shit and even I thought this is just coincidence and being so pissed because the Chiefs lost to the fricken Raiders & Denver two AFC west divisional losses I didn't put my shrine back up before the Arizona game and low and behold now they have dropped 3 straight. I almost just left my shrine packed with playoff hopes fading but I decided to put it back up before the Raiders game and true to form we beat the Raiders. So now that brings us to the Pittsburgh game and the shrine is up so unless all this shit I just typed has no relevance we will win the game and move on to SD at home. I can't predict scores just wins and losses!!! CHIEFS WIN !!!!

You may be full of shit App. But you and your shrine are damn convincing. Alex Smith been saving a game winning TD drive in his pocket for some time. Down 27, 30 Bowe (with the flu and all) catches one over the middle (ironically similar to the Washington game last year) plowing his way into the endzone for our 1st WR TD and the game winner.

Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiefs 34

Stiiilers 30

Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiefs 34

Stiiilers 30

You do know the Chiefs haven't given up 30 points all season right? They have played much better teams then Pittsburgh as well, Manning, Rivers, Brady, none of them put up 30 points on the Chiefs and the Chiefs beat two of them and those three QBs are better then Ben is. Plus they still have their no QB has thrown over 300 yards against them all season. I am sure someone will tell me how streaks are meant to be broken so if that is the case then the streak of now WR scoring a TD could just as easily be broken against this porous pass D.

You do know the Chiefs haven't given up 30 points all season right? They have played much better teams then Pittsburgh as well, Manning, Rivers, Brady, none of them put up 30 points on the Chiefs and the Chiefs beat two of them and those three QBs are better then Ben is. Plus they still have their no QB has thrown over 300 yards against them all season. I am sure someone will tell me how streaks are meant to be broken so if that is the case then the streak of now WR scoring a TD could just as easily be broken against this porous pass D.

Yep, Denver couldnt put up 30 plus 2 times on the Chiefs D.  Only 2 teams scored more then 26 points.  One was the first game of the season.

I think the Chiefs will lose Sunday, and they may lose their final game at Arrowhead too. That would still put them one game better than I predicted. 

I hope they win Sunday. It will not be easy. They will have to play a near perfect game. 

I think the Chiefs will lose Sunday, and they may lose their final game at Arrowhead too. That would still put them one game better than I predicted.

I hope they win Sunday. It will not be easy. They will have to play a near perfect game.

They don't need to play a near perfect game. They just need to not turn the ball over and play their complete four quarter game (Niners played three tonight). Complete's not perfect, nor near it, IMO.

Exactly. Completely forgot. It could be a nightmare for fantasy owners. Might be 17-14 game. First one to 25 might win this game. 

Archived