Kniles Davis?

Yeah...I thought that game against New England was going to be the template we used a lot this year. Charles had 18 carries and Davis had 16 carries. I think we got about 200 yards rushing between them. Then the following week against San Fran they hardly used Davis at all.

Guest Chieftain

His name is Knile, lose the s. The way it sounds from Andy Reid's conference to me after the Raiders game is the only reason Knile played as big a role as he did in the Raiders game is because Charles was hurt. Reid treats Knile like the backup, like he's not on par with Jamaal. Knile wont play unless Charles needs a rest from a big play, Charles has too many touches and carries in a game, or Charles gets injured. I think Knile is a good player and should be incorporated in more offensive snaps. His average rush yards per attempt is a low 3.6ypc but I think that stat is mostly due to the situations in which he has his rushes, i.e. trying to run out the clock.

Knile Davis does not block well, and that limits his playing time. Also, he has a penchant for dancing a little before hitting the hole, and even then does not always see the proper opening. He has size and speed. He needs to learn his craft.

Knile Davis does not block well, and that limits his playing time. Also, he has a penchant for dancing a little before hitting the hole, and even then does not always see the proper opening. He has size and speed. He needs to learn his craft.

He needs to play to hone his game

He needs to play to hone his game

Jamaal Charles sat because he did not have a complete game. He did not block well when he came to the NFL. He was a liability for the quarterback, and so he sat. He learned his position. He is now one of the better blocking running backs, despite his relatively small size. He was not a great pass catcher. He worked on catching passes. He became very good at the art of completing receptions. He didn't run inside well, but he worked on that. He coughed up the ball, but he learned to hang on to it better. Jamaal Charles dedicated himself to the game. If Knile does the same, he will be very good. Most guys come to the NFL with faults. Most leave the NFL due to those same faults. If Knile wants to work at it the way Charles worked, then he will start making some progress. He did very well last year, but he has stagnated, and gone in reverse. 

Jamaal Charles sat because he did not have a complete game. He did not block well when he came to the NFL. He was a liability for the quarterback, and so he sat. He learned his position. He is now one of the better blocking running backs, despite his relatively small size. He was not a great pass catcher. He worked on catching passes. He became very good at the art of completing receptions. He didn't run inside well, but he worked on that. He coughed up the ball, but he learned to hang on to it better. Jamaal Charles dedicated himself to the game. If Knile does the same, he will be very good. Most guys come to the NFL with faults. Most leave the NFL due to those same faults. If Knile wants to work at it the way Charles worked, then he will start making some progress. He did very well last year, but he has stagnated, and gone in reverse.

You can't say that. Line sucks. His Reps suck.

Archived