All Saturday Football Games

I have a family engagement to attend today/tonight, so I was wondering if you all could post in this thread about any of the games that are playing today so I can watch them later. I would like to participate in the other threads to see if there's any conversation, without seeing the score or knowing what's happening. So if Rivers breaks his back, post it here, not in the playoffs thread. Thank you.

Rivers broke his back.

Haha.

I just saw the score accidentally on the Eagles game.

Spoiler alert for a game none of us care about beyond entertainment: Philadelphia needs Dallas to lose to avoid elimination. I guess, the Eagles would have wished McCoy did not to get injured. RG3 did not play great, but he played well enough, I guess, to win in redemption.

Fucking Niners screwed every game for us. Beat us, lost to the Raiders, lost to Denver (not that we had a chance anyways), and now this. F' them, stupid motivation.

I will say that if we can't beat a motivated SD, we can't win in the first round. If we win these next two, I don't care what y'all say, we've got a chance to compete in the first round. I can't predict wins, so I'll leave it at that, just saying that if we win out, I won't take your word for it on the first round.

Stupid Chargers.

The 49ers' epic collapse in these last four weeks has indeed been enjoyable for a Kansas City fan living in the San Francisco area. After trying to suggest that their team's win over the Chiefs in week five was proof-positive that Colin Kaepernick was better than Alex Smith, they're wrestling with the following problems:

Jay Cutler is better than Colin Kaepernick,

Drew Stanton is better than Colin Kaepernick,

Peyton Manning is better than Colin Kaepernick,

Austin Davis is better than Colin Kaepernick,

Russell Wilson is better than Colin Kaepernick,

Derek Carr is better than Colin Kaepernick,

and Philip Rivers is better than Colin Kaepernick.

I of course don't believe that football games are merely quarterback vs. quarterback matchups. But there's a price for being quarterback-centric as an organization: It dumbs down your fans.

And now for another week of sports talk radio in which everyone will be up in arms about the 49ers' defense, while ignoring the fact that Kaepernick's offense went three-and-out four times during the second half. Good times.

Give it up to Philip Rivers, and the San Diego Chargers. They won. They looked like they had something on the line, and pulled it out. On the other hand, San Francisco folded like a cheap suit. Harbaugh will be gone. It looks as if the in fighting within their organization has succeeded in breaking it. 

I don't think the problem was Kaepernick, or Harbaugh. The problem was on their defense. They couldn't make a stop when it was needed. The offense was culpable too. How can you line up wrong on two consecutive plays? Maybe it just didn't mean as much for some on the SF side as it did for the other team. That is what I came away thinking. 

The 49ers' epic collapse in these last four weeks has indeed been enjoyable for a Kansas City fan living in the San Francisco area. After trying to suggest that their team's win over the Chiefs in week five was proof-positive that Colin Kaepernick was better than Alex Smith, they're wrestling with the following problems:

I of course don't believe that football games are merely quarterback vs. quarterback matchups. But there's a price for being quarterback-centric as an organization: It dumbs down your fans.

And now for another week of sports talk radio in which everyone will be up in arms about the 49ers' defense, while ignoring the fact that Kaepernick's offense went three-and-out four times during the second half. Good times.

Against any other team, I would have been rooting for the comeback. But I wanted the Chargers to have nothing to play for next week. But, alas, they do and if we can't beat them, I won't feel like we missed out of the playoffs. We deserve whatever we get.

I might have missed it, and I'll never like Rivers, but I appreciate that I didn't see him wince every play to act up his back injury. Some QBs act.

However, if there is a team I would want the Chargers to beat, the Niners would be in my top five. Four of those top five would be AFC WC contender teams.

I seriously do not understand how ESPN's QBR rating works. I understand that sacks are huge and they want to lean on the rushing yards by a quarterback, but this is ridiculous.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554366

Both of these are 76+. The no TD, minimum rush, INT RGIII? The throw an INT when all you need is a FG Sanchez?

Then:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554361

The comeback from 28-7 Rivers is 52 QBR and the 114 yard plus two big runs Kaepernick is 97.7? That's good for top 15 since 2007 or whenever it went back to.

For comparison, this was a 36.6: http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554280

76% passing, 7.4 YPA, 3 TDs, 0 INTs win on the road, because of 5 sacks for a total of 18 yards is a 36? Because 34-15 wasn't close, the QB gets penalized? Three passing TDs, only 18 sacked yards.

Bullshit.

I thought KraperJack played good today. When he uses his legs of course. He has one of the best O lines in the game complimenting his stellar receiving core. Two good power backs. SF was a big disappointment this season. Even with Willis and Bowman out no excuses. Barring a fake punt and Dawson hitting unconscious. We should have beat SF...bottom line.

Phyllis had no problems taking it to em.

God damn wish we could get a QB that could pull games out like that!!

Feel like there is no way in hell Alex could do something like he did last night.

Yep.  I was watching some of those throws that Rivers was making late, and thinking that Alex could never make them.

Phyllis had no problems taking it to em.

God damn wish we could get a QB that could pull games out like that!!

Feel like there is no way in hell Alex could do something like he did last night.

Smith came back from 23 against Andy's Eagles. Not saying it's the same, but it's not entirely unprecedented for him to come back.

I seriously do not understand how ESPN's QBR rating works.

No one does, perhaps not even ESPN. It's a proprietary formula that keeps changing. It is known to give disproportionately high rankings to quarterbacks that gain a lot of rushing yardage, and it doesn't adequately reward quarterbacks that execute a good ball control offense.

Archived