We need Marty

A real man to run a football team. Toughness is what this team lacks.

The Chiefs have shown toughness at times. Lack of execution has hurt them more by not being opportunistic. I've always said you can't create your own luck by dinking and dunking everywhere - you end up turning the ball over which is quite painful. What chances can you draw up down the field with a patched up O-line? Wilson, got open deep but the pressure made Alex Smith release the ball a bit earlier.

The Chiefs have turned the ball over in key games, and have created 0 to very little turnovers when we desperately need them. 9-7 seems fair. 

A real man to run a football team. Toughness is what this team lacks.

Don't get me wrong I liked Marty and didn't want to see him go but how SBs did he coach in. Oh thats right so being tough isn't everything. Marty, like the Cubs in baseball and Cleveland in football are snakebit. They are the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Guest Chieftain

I liked Marty in the regular season and really liked his defenses, offenses not so much. Here's a little morsel for you . Schottenheimer's playoff record as a coach, 5 wins and 13 losses, a 28% winning percentage. Reid's record as a playoff coach is 10 wins and 10 losses, a 50% win percentage. Actually I think Schottenheimer had a lot to do with the hiring of Reid as if I recall correctly Clark Hunt asked for Marty's advice and Marty vouched for Reid. Reid plain and simple is the best coach the Chiefs have had since Vermeil. Of the chiefs coaches in the past 25 years, I think Reid has the most balanced teams offensively and defensively where they are middle of the pack statistically. Vermeil's teams were one sided, Excellent offense and terrible defense. For Schottenheimer the same can be said except vice versa.

Don't get me wrong I liked Marty and didn't want to see him go but how SBs did he coach in. Oh thats right so being tough isn't everything. Marty, like the Cubs in baseball and Cleveland in football are snakebit. They are the bridesmaid and never the bride.

chiefs browns and the Lions are all the shittiest of teams in the post season since 1970. There are no worse post season teams like these 3

Maybe you're just not with the times...the glory days of football that you grew up with are long gone.

I've at least seen them win a SB and I didn't start following them because I liked a player or a coach. I follow them because they are KC and no matter where I roam KC is home and always will be. Therefore they are MY HOME team and I will not turn on them no matter how ugly it gets. I am not a fence jumper, bandwagon ridder or a whiny little bitch (not calling you one) who cusses everything the team does.

Troy Vincent?   Samari Rolle?     Kansas City has been used as the whipping post by football agents negotiating new contracts with other football teams.   Kansas City still has the image of a cowtown with bad winter weather.....somewhat like being sent to Buffalo.   People need to visit the city in order to see how attractive it is to live.  We will never be able to compete with San Diego or Miami  but there's a lot to offer in KC.   I think its an image thing.

Troy Vincent? Samari Rolle? Kansas City has been used as the whipping post by football agents negotiating new contracts with other football teams. Kansas City still has the image of a cowtown with bad winter weather.....somewhat like being sent to Buffalo. People need to visit the city in order to see how attractive it is to live. We will never be able to compete with San Diego or Miami but there's a lot to offer in KC. I think its an image thing.

Don't need big FA to win. You need to draft well like the pats, niners, Seahawks et al

Troy Vincent?   Samari Rolle?     Kansas City has been used as the whipping post by football agents negotiating new contracts with other football teams.   Kansas City still has the image of a cowtown with bad winter weather.....somewhat like being sent to Buffalo.   People need to visit the city in order to see how attractive it is to live.  We will never be able to compete with San Diego or Miami  but there's a lot to offer in KC.   I think its an image thing.

Gunther Cunningham's Christmas Wishlist:

Patrick Surtain, Kendrell Bell, Sammy Knight, & Carlos Hall. 

Archived