Week 17 versus the Chargers

Guest Chieftain

Guest Chieftain

I hope the Chiefs treat this game like it's their superbowl and play with a certain tenacity and grit we haven't seen all season. #1 reason is  if they win and get really lucky by the Browns beating the Ravens(which might happen cause I think Hoyer is playing) and the Jaguars beat the Texans(longshot) the Chiefs will go to the playoffs. The next big reason I want a Chiefs win is they knock Rivers and the Chargers out of the playoffs. I don't care about draft position, if you have an opportunity to make the playoffs(even if it's a longshot) and a double win of  knocking a division rival out of the playoffs, just do it. 

Winning record for consecutive years. Something Mr. Ev despises because of its fan-placating effects. Eh, today was the playoffs first round exit. Next week is the playoff clincher. We just played it out of order.

I hate losses no matter when they come, question draft picks whenever they come, and so, I want to win, if not for playoffs and despite draft picks, but knocking the Chargers out. I thought we'd split with SD and sweep Oakland. Winning next week overcomes that. Seattle and New England overcame Tennessee. We needed to beat Arizona, Pittsburgh, or Niners. Didn't do it.

And for that i hope the chiefs lose next week. They are in no way shape or form ready for the playoffs. I dont give two shits about knocking the chargers out. They need as high a pick as they can get. Mid teens is where they will end up with a loss. Soo sick of the "moral" victories and or backing into the playoffs.

This team will not do a damn thing in the playoffs.

Guest Chieftain

And for that i hope the chiefs lose next week. They are in no way shape or form ready for the playoffs. I dont give two shits about knocking the chargers out. They need as high a pick as they can get. Mid teens is where they will end up with a loss. Soo sick of the "moral" victories.

I don't care if you think they're ready for the playoffs or not. The team is a little inconsistent, 2 great wins against the Patriots and Seahawks, 2 bad losses against the Titans and Raiders. I truly believe this team can beat any team in the league and anything can happen in the playoffs. For the Chiefs to win in the playoffs however they pretty much have to play perfect and that is highly unlikely. I wouldn't want you being the chiefs coach or GM if your mentality is to lose a game that could potentially land you in the playoffs because you think the team doesn't belong in the playoffs and you want to improve the draft pick slot. If I had to choose picking 23rd and putting the team in position to go to the playoffs or picking 18th and being out of the playoffs, I'd choose 23rd pick every time. I think you want to be in high as draft slot as possible(20's and higher) cause that is usually an indication of a winning playoff team. The consistently good teams in the league have been picking in the top half of the draft and it hasn't hurt those teams development. 

Rah rah sis boom bah.

That's just it you said they cant play perfect. And i agree, so why?

Ohhh look we are a team that consistently picks high 20's with shit show for it. If they were lookin like a team who can compete past the season, hell yeah, sign me the hell up!!!!

But they aren't, so that means jack shit to me.

They better make some waves next season or they will be in the verge of another FO / coaching purge.

Love me some 5 year plans... err pipe dreams..

Winning record for consecutive years. Something Mr. Ev despises because of its fan-placating effects. Eh, today was the playoffs first round exit. Next week is the playoff clincher. We just played it out of order.

I hate losses no matter when they come, question draft picks whenever they come, and so, I want to win, if not for playoffs and despite draft picks, but knocking the Chargers out. I thought we'd split with SD and sweep Oakland. Winning next week overcomes that. Seattle and New England overcame Tennessee. We needed to beat Arizona, Pittsburgh, or Niners. Didn't do it.

Consecutive winning records is exactly what a complacent loser fan would be happy with. Who fucking cares, meaningless bullshit that people hang their hats on. Glass is fucking half empty folks...

Consecutive winning records is exactly what a complacent loser fan would be happy with. Who fucking cares, meaningless bullshit that people hang their hats on. Glass is fucking half empty folks...

Eh, whatever. We all have our ideas. It's a sport for me and since I have no input, I say win the fucking game. If I had input, I might put more thought into it.

Eh, whatever. We all have our ideas. It's a sport for me and since I have no input, I say win the fucking game. If I had input, I might put more thought into it.

You do have input, stop buying tickets and filling seats.

Professional football is big business.   The Chiefs get paid a whole lot of money to perform.   Guys are playing for their jobs next year.  Some of the guys on this roster won't be around next year and its not because of salary cap issues.  What each player,  except the guaranteed superstar guys, wants is employment.   Hence,  the effort should be there regardless of whether there are playoffs or not.  

Interesting but was it not San Diego we played in the last regular season game last year as well? 

From what I read this could be Tamba's last year with the Chiefs.  Hudson will be the designated player next year.   And Bowe needs to restructure.    Derrick Johnson may be back and maybe not.  Depends on his rehab.  And I am doubtful that Eric Berry will return next year.   So the Chiefs have to move on.  John Dorsey has put us in a good position replacing older veterans with some quality backups and key positions.   But we need to fix the offensive line first and foremost and right now.   Enjoy this cast of characters playing together maybe one last time.   Then we have to move on. 

ya know I really would not be mad if the Chiefs decided not to pick up Alic's $426 Mil roster Bonus eithr

They could do a lot with that $$ and it might signal that one of their backups has shown enough for a 1 year tryout.. Andy I think has 2 years left before his butt starts getting warm as long as they do not stink up the joint. Dorsey  has one coaching hire left in him since he did not hire Reid. Smith has been a big disappointment. that total wiff on the long ball yesterday was like pouring salt into my eyes.

With the injuries and the big salaries going out to aged players it might be a good time to really shake this organization up a bit and get some new faces in.

Who knows with Harbough going to Michigan he might want to go back to the Bay area.

8-8 vs 9-7.....

I hope they beat the Bolts and I think they will, but if they don't...they pretty much met my expectations for the season.

Overall, I think they "under-performed" in some areas and kicked serious ass in others.

The D-Backs looked terrific, the D-Line was great.  Linebackers (Houston and Tamba) were great, the Back-up LB's also did better than I had thought they would when DJ and Mayes went down early.

DAT and Wilson are playmakers

Kelce could be a playmaker if he grows up a bit  and decides Ball Security is a priority.

Oline is a Mess, WR is a Mess....

Team should be contending next year if they are making real progress.

This Off season is going to be full of change.

w

The worst thing in the world for a "Real" Kansas City Chiefs fan is for attendance to fall and the team get moved to Podunk California! I became a Chiefs fan in 1993 because of the Montana trade, I hated the 49ers for trading him. Arrowhead is the best stadium in the world and I hope the Chiefs stay there forever. Don't get me wrong I'm not a big moral victory guy but I am a Chiefs fan no matter what happens this year or the future. Attacking other members on the board doesn't change anything and you find yourself right back here supporting the Chiefs. Last thing I'm gonna say is if you don't like this organization and the way it is ran then become a Cowboy fan, I'm sure there are a lot of people just like you climbing on that wagon. Don't go away mad "Just Go Away"

Think about it West.....

At the beginning of the season before:

• DJ and DeVito and Mays got hurt
  • Before Stephenson got popped for PED's
  • Before Bowe's 1 game suspension
  • Before we all realized that there was a worse LG in the NFL than Jeff Allen (actually 2 worse LG's)
  • And before EB got sick

The general consensus around here for our record this year was anywhere from 7-9, 8-8 to 9-7. There were some 10-6 and 6-10 projections, but mostly the predictions were around the 8-8 to 9-7.

They're exactly what a lot us thought they would be....even with all of the injuries/sickness.

I thought about that last night while I was sitting around being disappointed again.

Maybe it was just me, making another excuse for the chiefs shortcomings, or it's just true. We all knew the oline was going to suffer, and we were all asking ourselves why in the FU%K did they not draft a WR????????

However, I digress.....Let's see what happens next season. It will be Reid/Dorsey's 3rd year, and that's usually the year the "plan" starts to bear it's fruit.

Ok, in general. I see how the fanbase can support the status quo.

As to me, I live out of town and can't go to any games. I have two kids, so very little goes to merchandise (I have one tshirt and one sweatshirt not bought from the team directly).

Archived