Why Do You Watch?

The kicker who shall not be named still gets my goat the most..,

that joker missed three field goals any one of which would have tied the game. I don't think any of his attempts were more than 40 yards either. I remember hearing people that shared his name were getting death threats phone calls etc. one of the darkest days in Chiefs playoff history.

that joker missed three field goals any one of which would have tied the game. I don't think any of his attempts were more than 40 yards either. I remember hearing people that shared his name were getting death threats phone calls etc. one of the darkest days in Chiefs playoff history.

Bono's 4 picks didn't help either.

Never understood why we picked Lin Elliott up from Dallas.   After he missed those three field goals,  two of which were gimmes,   he didn't go to his dressing room but went straight to his car and left all his clothes in his locker so he wouldn't have to face his team.   Lost that game 9 to 7.   Any of those kicks would have put us in.

Article a couple of years ago in KC Star said he is now coaching in Texas.

Happens to the best of em though.   Our cursed field goal kicking started when Jan Stenerud missed the kick on the East End of memorial stadium against the Dolphins that would have sent us to the AFC championship game.   By the way,   I was sitting in Stenderuds roost and HE DID NOT MISS THAT KICK.

Never understood why we picked Lin Elliott up from Dallas. After he missed those three field goals, two of which were gimmes, he didn't go to his dressing room but went straight to his car and left all his clothes in his locker so he wouldn't have to face his team. Lost that game 9 to 7. Any of those kicks would have put us in.

Article a couple of years ago in KC Star said he is now coaching in Texas.

Happens to the best of em though. Our cursed field goal kicking started when Jan Stenerud missed the kick on the East End of memorial stadium against the Dolphins that would have sent us to the AFC championship game. By the way, I was sitting in Stenderuds roost and HE DID NOT MISS THAT KICK.

Watched a special on NFL Network about that game. Podolak had the game of his life. KC was never the same after that game. It kicked off 20 years of misery.

Archived