2015 Kansas City Chiefs opponents

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs will play the following teams in 2015:

At Arrowhead Stadium: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears.

On the road: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings.

In London: Detroit Lions on Nov. 1.

Dates and times will be announced in the spring.

On the surface, it's another difficult schedule. Seven of these games are against teams that made this season's playoffs and only two will be played at Arrowhead. Four of them will be played on the road and the last will be played overseas.

This season the Chiefs played six games against teams that made the playoffs, three at home and three on the road.

As we can see with the Tennessee and Oakland games, every game is losable. Seattle and New England shows at the very least, we could be trap games for others.

Having said that, best guess:

Wins: Oakland at home, Cleveland, Minnesota. (Win 3)

Likely: Oakland on the road, San Diego at home, Chicago. (Win 2-3)

Toss-Up: Detroit in London, Cincinnati (Which Bengals team?), Houston, San Diego, Buffalo (Win 3-4)

Unlikely: Denver, @Denver, Green Bay, Pittsburgh (Win 0-1)

9-7 is the best guess until we see the offseason. 8-8 to 11-5.

This is false math but:

8-8 if we don't improve personnel on WR or OL (Not lower because continuity counts for something)

9-7: If we improve receivers, but not oline. Even just one more 40 yard pass and that could be one more win.

10-6: If we significantly improve oline, but stay the same with receivers. I believe offensive line is more important to Smith and receivers. Smith needs to use his legs to get heat on the ball. Can't do that if he doesn't think he has time, even if he does.

11-5: If we improve both and don't Oakland' it up. And some good luck/bounces.

This is all assuming our defense stays around the same.

I like the home schedule....they could run the table.

Dorsey does his job and they could win 12 games.

w

I like that we play one game at a time. If we didn't have the games of Tennessee and Oakland, we would've been a 11 win team with the hard schedule. With a hard schedule next year, if we don't have those brain farts, I could see 12 being a max we could get. I'm not predicting that, of course.

Not concerned about the supposed difficulty of the schedule. We all know some teams go from good to bad and vice versa. That makes it impossible to know when you look at the schedule now whether it will be a tough game or not. Also the Chiefs are still not where they need to be in order to be a team that consistently beats up on lesser opponents. I mean we beat Seattle and New England but lose to Oakland and Tennessee? Really good teams do not let that happen. And usually its this statement that gets someone to reference the 2011 Packers losing their only game to the Chiefs. And what happened to the Pack in the playoffs? Oh yeah...they got waxed by the Giants at home.  No further discussion needed, :)

I think if the Chiefs make solid upgrades on the Oline and add a playmaker wideout we will be right in the mix as a playoff caliber team.

and on a side note:  how in the hell do we always seem to end up with buffalo on our schedule....

You play 1 team of the divisions you aren't lined up with that season.  It is based on how the teams finish in their div.   Apparently the chiefs and buffalo are stuck in the same rut.  This year we played them because we had the AFC EAST.  year before was due to how we finished in 2012.

I'm done breaking my balls mowing lawns, blowing leaves and plowing snow for customers who constantly try to negotiate me down in price, want to barter or are slow pays....my GF will make an extra $1,000 a month with no state Income tax....so why should I work? I'll be just working to pay the Nanny so why not stay home and Mr Mom? Saving 1600 per month? Be at the Beach every day....its 81 there tomorrow....

may have to make that trip up the beltway to baltimore for the game

and on a side note:  how in the hell do we always seem to end up with buffalo on our schedule....

I believe there is some kind of deal that was made to always play a core original AFL team.  It goes back to Lamar Hunt and the original AFL group when the leagues agreed to merge.  I seem to recollect something like that.

I'm done breaking my balls mowing lawns, blowing leaves and plowing snow for customers who constantly try to negotiate me down in price, want to barter or are slow pays....my GF will make an extra $1,000 a month with no state Income tax....so why should I work? I'll be just working to pay the Nanny so why not stay home and Mr Mom? Saving 1600 per month? Be at the Beach every day....its 81 there tomorrow....

I'm jealous... Asshole :lol:

Warpaint- planned on going to the Chiefs game but now I am moving to Florida March the 1st....gotta get out of this weather.....

Florida would definitely be an upgrade in the winter. It does get hot and muggy in parts of Florida. What part of Florida are you moving? 

I totally understand, the reasons you listed above are reasons that my wife stopped doing childcare and Nanny work. Trust me when i say that if i did not still owe on the house i have i would have rolled out of the DC/MD/VA area a long time ago. Where are you headed in florida???

Archived