Chiefs get 18th pick in draft

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The NFL has issued the 2015 NFL draft first-round selection order for the 20 non-playoff teams, and it turns out the Kansas City Chiefs will be choosing 18th instead of 17th.

The Chiefs and San Diego Chargers finished tied with 9-7 records, and they also tied in opponent strength of schedule, the first tiebreaker in determining the order in the draft. The NFL then applied the divisional tiebreaker to settle this one. The Chiefs swept the two-game season series from the Chargers, so San Diego will pick 17th and the Chiefs 18th.

This isn't an offseason thread, but it was about the offseason, so here's this: Important dates:

• April 20: Start of offseason conditioning program
  • May 16-18: Rookie minicamp
  • May 26-28: Offseason practices
  • June 2-4: Offseason practices
  • June 9-12: Offseason practices
  • June 16-18: Full-squad minicamp

April 30th - May 2nd

This will be one of the more meaningfully drafts since the Allen trade. I am not crazy about the SD tie breaker going them, I thought they had a better division record than us.

Oh well. I was mad when they picked Igor Olshamwow, but he didn't turn out to be a big loss.

i read somewhere that andy likes to draft linemen in the first round, so i am already preparing to be disappointed with our pick :(

thankfully  Andy is not the only Rooster in the Hen House. Other than LT's  Dorsey is a mid round O-lineman guy. I'm not a Big draftnick but with the 18th pick I'd say its just BPA. I doubt we'll be blown over by the pick regardless. I'm more interested in the other picks and what  they will do with those.

If the Chiefs don't draft a wr in the first round of the draft I think a lot of fans will blow a gasket. How can you not? BPA be damned! For the love of God we just watched a season without a td by a receiver and it's like the first time in 60 years. I will be gobsmacked if they don't no matter who is signed in FA.

If the Chiefs don't draft a wr in the first round of the draft I think a lot of fans will blow a gasket. How can you not? BPA be damned! For the love of God we just watched a season without a td by a receiver and it's like the first time in 60 years. I will be gobsmacked if they don't no matter who is signed in FA.

Last time we took a WR in round one it did not turn out so well, but i have faith that this FO will do all the research necessary to avoid drafting Jonathan Baldwin part 2

Last time we took a WR in round one it did not turn out so well, but i have faith that this FO will do all the research necessary to avoid drafting Jonathan Baldwin part 2

yeah i thought about that seconds after I posted. One, if not the biggest, bust in recent Chiefs history. I think he's out of football at this point. like you said you have to have more faith in Chiefs front office now. Recent picks like Kelce, Davis And DAT give me hope. Fisher uh, not so much.

I joked to my friends that our first three picks will be defensive lineman, tight end, and running back.

2 of the three might not be bad choices Poe needs help & Fansano altho solid  the argument could be made that he's over priced. If Smith can not bring himself to stretch the field and continues to be Checkdown Charlie we might need more TE's instead of Wr's

So what if all of the receivers with a first round grade are gone when we pick? Reach anyway just to please the fans?

Dorsey will stick to his board no matter what. As he should. If he can trade up a few spots to advance his board, that is great, too.

2 of the three might not be bad choices Poe needs help & Fansano altho solid the argument could be made that he's over priced. If Smith can not bring himself to stretch the field and continues to be Checkdown Charlie we might need more TE's instead of Wr's

We just need a few of those short throws to go deeper, not many: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/pass-atlas-a-map-of-where-nfl-quarterbacks-throw-the-ball/

Get a receiver and an oline, draft a QB if you like them but be committed to who gives you the best chance of winning, not younger or cheaper. If Smith doesn't respond to having a better oline and WRs, these picks will be good for the next guy.

So what if all of the receivers with a first round grade are gone when we pick? Reach anyway just to please the fans?

Dorsey will stick to his board no matter what. As he should. If he can trade up a few spots to advance his board, that is great, too.[/quote

It's supposed to be the deepest wide receiver draft ever

And the last time the Chiefs drafted a QB in round one it did not turn out so well either. So who are the Chiefs good at drafting in round one? Or is it time to throw all those bad picks out the door and try again?

We were 6th worse in sacks given up and very little running room. I would not throw the remote if we went Oline in R1.

I would love to have a stud WR in R1, but Jenkins is a first round WR. Bowe is a first round WR. I would not go after those guys. I mean, Bowe has his strong points, but we need speed and size. Not just size.

The three biggest needs are OL, WR, and ILB. Of those, OL is the most critical. 

The biggest OL need is at guard and there's no one at that position worth a first this year.  An upgrade at OT wouldn't hurt, and with the depth at WR, I think the Chiefs could take a tackle with the jury still out of Fisher, and grab a WR in the second or third.  

When will we know the exact number of picks the Chiefs will have in each round?

Guest eraser

I agree no guard will be taken in the first. Also, there is no wide receiver in the first ( *where the Chiefs will picking) that fits what the Chiefs need. They do not need another Bowe in this offense.

The guy I like in the first is T/G La'el Collins. He is a perfect fit. He can play LT , RT or G. He is built square, and thick like a G, but has quick feet with outstanding coordination to be a LT. He is tough enough to be a R T.

I don't care where mocks place him, Collins is my #1 pick for the Chiefs.

In either the second orr third round Laken Tomlinson will be taken. Most have A J Cann ahead of Tomlinson and some have the Chiefs taking Cann in the second round. I like Tomlinson better.

Would you take a LT and a G back to back on the first day of the draft, especially when the Chiefs have a #1 pick already at LT? You bet I would. If Fisher floundered, move Collins to LT. If Fisher gets it goung, you have a terrific RT. In the worst case scenario, you have a really good G.

The second pick; Tomlinson, would that be necessary given that there are so many other needs? Perhaps, but the Chiefs lost at least 3 games because of their OL. There is no other position as important than LG on the team. Perhaps Allen will return healthy, and make the Chiefs stronger. They still need to get better on their line. Get that line fixed or face the loss if a quarterback and running back, then where would the Chiefs be? Rebuilding. No! There is nothing more imperative.

I agree no guard will be taken in the first. Also, there is no wide receiver in the first ( *where the Chiefs will picking) that fits what the Chiefs need. They do not need another Bowe in this offense.

The guy I like in the first is T/G La'el Collins. He is a perfect fit. He can play LT , RT or G. He is built square, and thick like a G, but has quick feet with outstanding coordination to be a LT. He is tough enough to be a R T.

I don't care where mocks place him, Collins is my #1 pick for the Chiefs.

In either the second orr third round Laken Tomlinson will be taken. Most have A J Cann ahead of Tomlinson and some have the Chiefs taking Cann in the second round. I like Tomlinson better.

Would you take a LT and a G back to back on the first day of the draft, especially when the Chiefs have a #1 pick already at LT? You bet I would. If Fisher floundered, move Collins to LT. If Fisher gets it goung, you have a terrific RT. In the worst case scenario, you have a really good G.

The second pick; Tomlinson, would that be necessary given that there are so many other needs? Perhaps, but the Chiefs lost at least 3 games because of their OL. There is no other position as important than LG on the team. Perhaps Allen will return healthy, and make the Chiefs stronger. They still need to get better on their line. Get that line fixed or face the loss if a quarterback and running back, then where would the Chiefs be? Rebuilding. No! There is nothing more imperative.

Are you sure about that? The draft is appearantly loaded at WR.

Archived