Chiefs get 18th pick in draft

8 ol and 3 wr would be fine

And please don't make it for depth. Draft someone you think can be a number one for Smith or the next guy. Of course, within reason. That wouldn't necessarily be any reason to be trading up too much or reaching too much.

Are you sure about that? The draft is appearantly loaded at WR.

First round

Cooper, yes

White, yes

Parker, maybe

They all could be great additions, but they will be picked in the top 12 selections

Strong, no

Second round

Coates, maybe (unreliable pass catcher)

DGB, maybe (character issues, and only 1 standout year)

Green, no (developmental - no hands)

Third round

Diggs, no (developmental, poor route runner)

Harper, no (may have trouble getting release off the line .. to thin)

Hardy, maybe (tough player, but not strongly built)

Montgomery, maybe (well built, and fluid receiver, but needs to run more crisp routes)

Lockett maybe (small, but plays bigger)

There's a few, but most don't seem to be good fits for the type offence the Chiefs play).

what do you guys think of the 'troubled' receiver that started at muzzo..till he was kicked off the team..DBL might be his initials..

He went to Oklahoma  but had to sit out a year. probably come out in the draft next year if he can keep out of trouble.

First round

Cooper, yes

White, yes

Parker, maybe

They all could be great additions, but they will be picked in the top 12 selections

Based on NFL network's analysis of top 3 needs based on position, there are only 3 teams above KC that they list as WR being in their top 3. Those teams are Oakland at #4. I have zero doubt they take Cooper with that pick if he is there. Then there is Cleveland at #12. Depends on the whole Josh Gordon thing. Some draft boards have them going linebacker but I think White will probably be their choice...then there is Houston at #16. They really need a QB bad...so depending on who is available in FA and the draft at that point, they could pass on a WR and go QB. That could leave Parker if the Chiefs wanted him. However, I think DGB has more upside.

Based on NFL network's analysis of top 3 needs based on position, there are only 3 teams above KC that they list as WR being in their top 3. Those teams are Oakland at #4. I have zero doubt they take Cooper with that pick if he is there. Then there is Cleveland at #12. Depends on the whole Josh Gordon thing. Some draft boards have them going linebacker but I think White will probably be their choice...then there is Houston at #16. They really need a QB bad...so depending on who is available in FA and the draft at that point, they could pass on a WR and go QB. That could leave Parker if the Chiefs wanted him. However, I think DGB has more upside.

It could happen, but probably not.

I think Cooper may drop a little, but teams will select him due to his value. I hear Gregory may be the best player in the draft, so a team may hop up to select him early. Cleveland definitely needs a WR. Gordan may not even be back. They are a mess and Manziel will not last long on the Browns. White and Parker will go before the Chiefs get a shot. White may turn out to be the best WR in the draft. Jaelen Strong does not impress me, at least not for the Chiefs. 

Things will be a whole lot clearer in a couple of months. The senior bowl, and workouts will settle a lot for teams. I am a believer that 90% of evaluations should be based on how a player performs during the season. However, individual work outs, the various senior bowl games, and the Indy combine do make a difference. They can actually hurt a player more than help one. 

This draft is not as good as last year for wide receivers in the first round. Overall, it may end up being as deep. There will be some receivers in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round, who will contribute to teams this year. 

The Chiefs may want to go WR first if they get the right player. However, they will get a shot later if one of the top three are off the boards. I still think OL is a much more important need than WR. Also, Dorsey is a value shopper. He will take a player in a needed position, but only if that player is a good value where they pick. 

I saw Fox Sports South has KC taking La'El Collins with the #18 pick in the first round. Knox Bardeen was the writer.

Its a little early, and these things move around quite a bit, but that is who I believe fits the Chiefs best.WR Deron Smith may be available in the third round. If the Chiefs get a compensatory 3rd round pick, they may be able to get someone like Lockett, who is very popular in the KC market.

The Chiefs need a LG, and maybe a RG (I believe Fulton is maxed out, and will be nothing more than a serviceable backup... which is good for a 6th rounder).

I like Laken Tomlinson for a RG. He will probably go in the 3rd round.

Denzel Perryman will get slammed for not running a fast 40, but he is instinctive, and may be worth a 2nd round pick. The Chiefs need an ILB to replace DJ if he is not capable of returning. He'll be a good guy to plug the middle, and stop runs.

The Chiefs also need a Safety, but it is not as dire of a need as others. 

Duron Carter visited the Chiefs today, and was impressed many including new QB Pryor, who called Carter "a beast". Carter cannot sign with anyone for another month as he is a free agent. If Carter turns out to be as good as reported, the Chiefs could have Wilson, Avant, Carter, DAT, Lockett, and Bowe (if he is willing to work for less).

Guest dhitter

This draft is not as good as last year for wide receivers in the first round. Overall, it may end up being as deep. There will be some receivers in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round, who will contribute to teams this year.

The Chiefs may want to go WR first if they get the right player. However, they will get a shot later if one of the top three are off the boards. I still think OL is a much more important need than WR. Also, Dorsey is a value shopper. He will take a player in a needed position, but only if that player is a good value where they pick.

Last year's draft was freakishly loaded with high end wr talent. Makes me scratch my head even more as to why the Chiefs didn't go that way in rd 1. That having been said, this would seem like a much better wr pool for 2015 had it not come on the heels of last year's crop.

Guest dhitter

As for the greater need...wr or Oline? Well Pro Football Focus graded the Oline like 27th out of 32. wr group was dead last in most every relevant category. Allen will be back at LG and Stephenson will probably be out of the doghouse for the RT spot. Where are the receiver upgrades? Gotta be the draft no?

Right now my line of thought is trending heavy to offense early... Looking at:

1. OT Ereck Flowers - Miami

2. WR Justin Hardy - East Carolina

3. CB Doran Grant - Ohio State

3. OG John Miller - Louisville

4. DE Henry Anderson - Stanford

5. SS Erick Dargan - Oregon

5. LB Jake Ryan - Michigan

5. OG Adam Shead - Oklahoma

6. TE Nick Boyle - Delaware

7. WR Deon Long - Maryland

7. LB Brock Hekking - Nevada

what do you guys think of the 'troubled' receiver that started at muzzo..till he was kicked off the team..DBL might be his initials..

I'd like to see him in a Chiefs uniform next fall, IF he's grown up a little and doesn't turn into a distraction.  His speed, size and skills at MU had top pro prospect written all over himself.  Certainly not a first rounder, but worth a second and probably a steal if he lasts into the third.  If the Chiefs take Parker in the first, DGB would still be worth a shot if he drops into the third.

I'd like to see him in a Chiefs uniform next fall, IF he's grown up a little and doesn't turn into a distraction.  His speed, size and skills at MU had top pro prospect written all over himself.

Certainly not a first rounder, but worth a second and probably a steal if he lasts into the third.  If the Chiefs take Parker in the first, DGB would still be worth a shot if he drops into the third.

Jet..

yes DGB is the name..thanks..

was listeninting to several 810, 610 podcasts thursday..and they were discussing DGB

I think the Chiefs should use their #18 pick in the first round to draft a new owner. Our owner, Clark Hunt is 5'6", and weighs only 138 pounds. He is too small to be a kicker, and does not have the arm strength to pass the football. Furthermore, Clark Hunt is unwilling to block, and if he did, he would probably be very bad at it. I have never timed Clark Hunt, but he is probably not fast enough to run or catch a pass. 

In summation, we need to draft an owner who can bring our team (the Chiefs) a victory in the Super Bowl in 2015. Clark Hunt will hit the big 5-0 February 19th. he is too old to win a championship, and has not even played a single down of football in any professional league. He must go, and us fans need the GM to draft the best owner he can get in the first round. 

I just realized I made a grievous error on my draft pick last time. I wrote we should surrender our 18th overall selection, in the first round for a new owner. However, I failed to realize when Lamar Hunt passed, he left the team to his wife (Norma), his three sons (Lamar Jr., Clark, and Daniel), and his daughter (Sharron). That just blew all my plans. Since a selection can only be for one person, and the Chiefs need to replace all 5 owners, they have to trade down in order to get enough picks to trade for new owners.

Here is my new plan. The Chiefs should trade their number one pick, 18 overall, to the Washington Redskins for their 2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round, fifth round, and sixth round selections. The replacement for Norma Hunt pick would go to the in exchange for the Redskin's 2nd round pick (38 overall). Sharron is a socialite, and so the Chiefs would use the Redskin's 3rd round (69th pick overall) to replace a younger, and more active owner there. The fourth rounder from Washington would be used to replace Clark Hunt. Daniel would be replaced by Washington's 5th round pick. Since, Lamar Junior was an embarrassment to the family, the Chiefs can keep Washington's, and exchange LH Jr., for any sexual deviant off the street (as Scotty Imogene Pioli was fond to say in the past). 

I think this could work. Perhaps, the Chiefs could use one of their 3rd round picks to trade up for Jack Dorsey. Jack Dorsey is 5'11", and weighs just shy of 160 pounds, but his key asset is the 2.63 billion dollars he has stashed. Since, Dorsey started Twitter, the Chiefs could have phenomenal following. Dorsey is still young. The combination of Jack, and John Dorsey would be #stellar$@!!  The Twaffic would be huge. 

Another approach would be to combine the current 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks along with the acquired 2nd round pick from the Washington Redskins to draft Dustin Moskovitz. DM is only 5'9", but his jewfro makes him look much, much taller. Moskovitz is only 30 years of age, and he is a real yiddisher kop with a lot of chutzpah (you can never, never have too much of that). 

Obviously, there are many ways to go here. The real challenge is to convince the current owners they have actually been replaced by other owners, which may be difficult, since they own the team. 

I just realized I made a grievous error on my draft pick last time. I wrote we should surrender our 18th overall selection, in the first round for a new owner. However, I failed to realize when Lamar Hunt passed, he left the team to his wife (Norma), his three sons (Lamar Jr., Clark, and Daniel), and his daughter (Sharron). That just blew all my plans. Since a selection can only be for one person, and the Chiefs need to replace all 5 owners, they have to trade down in order to get enough picks to trade for new owners.

Here is my new plan. The Chiefs should trade their number one pick, 18 overall, to the Washington Redskins for their 2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round, fifth round, and sixth round selections. The replacement for Norma Hunt pick would go to the in exchange for the Redskin's 2nd round pick (38 overall). Sharron is a socialite, and so the Chiefs would use the Redskin's 3rd round (69th pick overall) to replace a younger, and more active owner there. The fourth rounder from Washington would be used to replace Clark Hunt. Daniel would be replaced by Washington's 5th round pick. Since, Lamar Junior was an embarrassment to the family, the Chiefs can keep Washington's, and exchange LH Jr., for any sexual deviant off the street (as Scotty Imogene Pioli was fond to say in the past). 

I think this could work. Perhaps, the Chiefs could use one of their 3rd round picks to trade up for Jack Dorsey. Jack Dorsey is 5'11", and weighs just shy of 160 pounds, but his key asset is the 2.63 billion dollars he has stashed. Since, Dorsey started Twitter, the Chiefs could have phenomenal following. Dorsey is still young. The combination of Jack, and John Dorsey would be #stellar$@!!  The Twaffic would be huge. 

Another approach would be to combine the current 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks along with the acquired 2nd round pick from the Washington Redskins to draft Dustin Moskovitz. DM is only 5'9", but his jewfro makes him look much, much taller. Moskovitz is only 30 years of age, and he is a real yiddisher kop with a lot of chutzpah (you can never, never have too much of that). 

Obviously, there are many ways to go here. The real challenge is to convince the current owners they have actually been replaced by other owners, which may be difficult, since they own the team. 

so I see you have discovered the wonders of methamphetamine.... tick tock tick tock tick tock

Archived