Ndamukong Suh

He'll be a FA & nobody will want to sign this boy with his on the field problems, but Reid can fix him up. We could get him cheap, I see Tamba getting let go. He'd make a great Chief sitting alongside Poe. We wouldn't need to sign anyone in the secondary if we draft a CB. Dorsey, has shown his tenacity to create a dominant front 7. I believe that's the way to go in the NFL these days. We'd be so nasty with this guy. Win the games in the trenches then everything else will fall into place. Alex Smith thrives on a complimentary, strong defense, & a solid O-line.

He'll be a FA & nobody will want to sign this boy with his on the field problems, but Reid can fix him up. We could get him cheap, I see Tamba getting let go. He'd make a great Chief sitting alongside Poe. We wouldn't need to sign anyone in the secondary if we draft a CB. Dorsey, has shown his tenacity to create a dominant front 7. I believe that's the way to go in the NFL these days. We'd be so nasty with this guy. Win the games in the trenches then everything else will fall into place. Alex Smith thrives on a complimentary, strong defense, & a solid O-line.

No, no, no.

And No.

Please, No! No! NO!

And now the brief explanation: Ndamukong Suh is a punk. He should have been banned for the post season for his deliberate attempt to injure Aaron Rodgers, and he's done this sort of thing countless times before. Something is really wrong with this man. The Chiefs don't need that. And he will cost far too much anyway. Dontari Poe is not in Suh's tier as a between-the-whistles player, but he's a far more likable player, very talented in his own right. Suh has been used in a 4-3 scheme, which is not what the Chiefs are built for.

It's comforting knowing that while Suh will attract massive interest in free agency, being a poor fit for the Chiefs' scheme assures that he will not be around to dishonor football in the name of the Chiefs in 2015.

He won't be cheap. I have heard he is not a punk away from the game. When the juices start flowing, he does crazy things. He was able to control his inhibitions for 32 games (exactly the number of games necessary to wipe the slate clean, which is why this is a first time offense per NFL policy). 

Suh would work best in a 4-3. That would mean Suh and Poe at DT, Ford and Houston at DE. It could actually work. They won't do it though. 

It definitely could work. I watched a documentary on him once. Nice guy really, just on the field has some temper issues. 

He could replace DeVito at LE if the Chiefs decide to part ways with him. The Chiefs need just one nasty player on the Defensive Line - then they'd be elite.

Defensive line is the nastiest position to play and some of you are crying about his attitude problems. I love his aggression and I love his love for the game. He's a huge contributor and has made the pro bowl 4 out of 5 seasons with the Lions. You think he should be banned for stepping on the leg of Aaron Rodgers? I don't even wanna hear it. Last time I checked this is football and we're going to cry about someone stepping on someone's leg? Division rivals often aren't nice to each other

I hope he'll visit Kansas City. He'll attract a crowd, that's for sure. Suh + Poe = Stronger front 7 = More attraction = More money 

However I agree with eraser, I dont see them transitioning to a 4-3

We need to put all our money into Houston and since Alex isnt going anywhwere :( we need to fix this damn line.  I would say that we need to get WR, but there isnt one that is any good that will come play with a QB that likes to checkdown.  WR in the draft, and whatever funds we have spare fix the damned Oline.

We need to put all our money into Houston and since Alex isnt going anywhwere :( we need to fix this damn line. I would say that we need to get WR, but there isnt one that is any good that will come play with a QB that likes to checkdown. WR in the draft, and whatever funds we have spare fix the damned Oline.

Like everyone, I agree with picking a receiver in the draft. Early, too, for me. I feel that even if they are underutilized with Smith, it'll either open up other players enough that we win with him, or we won't win with him and the receiver will be good for the next guy.

Now, I know one could argue that the receiver only opens up other players if defenses believe that that receiver will get the ball, but we relatively speaking, any help could help. These rookie contracts are low.

Two games we lost this year that we just f'ed up, not games that our QB couldn't win (though he gets most blame for losing from me). The other 5 were close, that one even easy target could change the game. That's what drafting a WR could do. What we do worked for most games and a little more could help.

Now, a new QB could help if we draft and develop one, if Reid believes in him (I lean Reid more than Dorsey), just saying that a good receiver drafted will improve it for everyone short and long term help others.

Defensive line is the nastiest position to play and some of you are crying about his attitude problems. I love his aggression and I love his love for the game. He's a huge contributor and has made the pro bowl 4 out of 5 seasons with the Lions. You think he should be banned for stepping on the leg of Aaron Rodgers? I don't even wanna hear it. Last time I checked this is football and we're going to cry about someone stepping on someone's leg? Division rivals often aren't nice to each other

I hope he'll visit Kansas City. He'll attract a crowd, that's for sure. Suh + Poe = Stronger front 7 = More attraction = More money 

However I agree with eraser, I dont see them transitioning to a 4-3

Beast Squad. 

I'd rather look at his line mate Nick Fairley. I'd rather look at some other guys like Tyson Alualu and Jarvis Jenkins. None have been world beaters or anything, but I think all could be solid for the right price.

Suh is going to command a big contract. I don't find his "stomping on Rodgers" thing to be the malice some are claiming. He was stepping backwards and it does look like he purposefully put weight on his foot when he realized he was stepping on him, but it wasn't a stomp. It was a little dirty, one could infer. It could just be Suh couldn't feel that he was stepping on Rodgers until he was right on top him and then quickly tried to move back forward. Either way he was fined and life goes on for both players.

Would I welcome Suh here? Sure, but his contract would have to include voidable clauses for misconduct. I don't think he's going to play here and I don't think he'll be cheap enough though to offset the fact that I do consider him a dirty player.

Suh is going to command a big contract. I don't find his "stomping on Rodgers" thing to be the malice some are claiming. He was stepping backwards and it does look like he purposefully put weight on his foot when he realized he was stepping on him, but it wasn't a stomp. It was a little dirty, one could infer. It could just be Suh couldn't feel that he was stepping on Rodgers until he was right on top him and then quickly tried to move back forward. Either way he was fined and life goes on for both players.

Somehow I don't think you'd feel the same about this if Suh was being "a little dirty" to Alex Smith. Suh does not deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stuff like that. If you're a competitor, be a competitor. Planting a cleat on a quarterback's ankle has nothing to do with the nature of football.

I don't like it when quarterbacks get randomly distributed free series for taking big hits in the pocket, but I don't want to see the sport go the other way and see players get rewarded for taking other players out.

NO reason for him, not even if he didnt have his angry streak issues on the field!  We need to fix that offensive line.  That needs to be number 1 priority since we are stuck with Alex for the next few years.  Draft a WR and see what happens.

Somehow I don't think you'd feel the same about this if Suh was being "a little dirty" to Alex Smith. Suh does not deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stuff like that. If you're a competitor, be a competitor. Planting a cleat on a quarterback's ankle has nothing to do with the nature of football.

I don't like it when quarterbacks get randomly distributed free series for taking big hits in the pocket, but I don't want to see the sport go the other way and see players get rewarded for taking other players out.

I would see no more "malice" in the act than I do now. I've seen far worse in my day made far less of a sensationalized deal.

I would see no more "malice" in the act than I do now. I've seen far worse in my day made far less of a sensationalized deal.

Yep. It's a much bigger deal on who did it than what happened. But I don't care what unfair sensationalism that goes against him. I don't give him the benefit of the doubt, even after 32 unfined games.

Somehow I don't think you'd feel the same about this if Suh was being "a little dirty" to Alex Smith. Suh does not deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stuff like that. If you're a competitor, be a competitor. Planting a cleat on a quarterback's ankle has nothing to do with the nature of football.

There has been worse. Suh's act is still far worse than "a little dirty", and it's being done to the team's best, most important player. Dirty things happen during plays, and injuries often result. Von Miller's late shot on Smith during the second Broncos game this year would be an excellent example of a dirty play. You cannot compare the Suh incidents to dirty plays, as they're not even occurring within the play. Suh and Rodgers are out of the play, and yet Suh steps on Rodgers not once, but twice.

What exactly is enough "malice", short of a player taking out a gun and shooting another player?

There has been worse. Suh's act is still far worse than "a little dirty", and it's being done to the team's best, most important player. Dirty things happen during plays, and injuries often result. Von Miller's late shot on Smith during the second Broncos game this year would be an excellent example of a dirty play. You cannot compare the Suh incidents to dirty plays, as they're not even occurring within the play. Suh and Rodgers are out of the play, and yet Suh steps on Rodgers not once, but twice.

What exactly is enough "malice", short of a player taking out a gun and shooting another player?

What is enough? Late shots to the head, knees, back of legs, etc. Stepping backwards onto another players calf is far from it.

Archived