Chiefs among five teams that should consider signing Larry Fitzgerald

I have to wonder if he has any gas left in the tank. He was a non factor this last weekend. If I were him I'd go to a place like NE where is not asked to be a savior, has a real QB throwing him the ball & has a legit chance of getting far into the playoffs.

As much s I respect LF  I think it would be a huge mistake for both sides if he came to KC.

He'd be an outstanding pick up if we could get him on the cheap. Not a field stretcher, but he gets open, understands defenses, catches everything, blocks, and would be invaluable as a mentor for any young receivers we add.

If the Chiefs cut Bowe after June 1st, they will save $11 M. That is the only way Larry Fitzgerald is coming to KC. They don't currently have the money. 

Won't there be a 3 million cap hit next year if they cut him? I'd still do it, because even if that's true they'll still free up 8 million.

I was wondering if voiding his contract because of that suspension was still an option.

Won't there be a 3 million cap hit next year if they cut him? I'd still do it, because even if that's true they'll still free up 8 million.

I was wondering if voiding his contract because of that suspension was still an option.

Yes, but if they cut him after June 1, they will be able to save more money. They actually are able to save $11 M, in 2015, by cutting him later. 

Fitzgerald would be a short term fix at best and the Chiefs aren't ready to make a Super Bowl run next year.  Too many times we've seen teams overpay aging vets and it seldom works out.  If LF is willing to sign for a bargain amount, then the Cards will re-sign him.  If not, then the Chiefs would be better off not wasting their cap space.

Fitzgerald would be a short term fix at best and the Chiefs aren't ready to make a Super Bowl run next year. Too many times we've seen teams overpay aging vets and it seldom works out. If LF is willing to sign for a bargain amount, then the Cards will re-sign him. If not, then the Chiefs would be better off not wasting their cap space.

True, he's too costly or too available money wise for a resign. :(

Archived