Ravens vs Patriots

Handswarmer

I agree Pats win, not just because they are a better all around team but because the Ravens and some of their fans have a false sense of security. No I don't just look at the rankings of the Ds and Os I look at several other factors to determine who I believe is a better team. Things like they beat Cleveland, TB, NO, and Mia on the road and nobody will confuse any of those teams as being good. At the same time they lost to Cin, Pitts, Indy, and Hou on the road and with the exception of Hou the rest were playoff teams. So they lost to playoff caliber teams on the road and beat the cellar dwellers on the road. If this was the Chiefs people would be saying they cant beat good teams on the road. Oh, and they were 2-4 against Playoff teams during the regular season. Yes they did beat Pittsburgh last week in Pittsburgh but that was a one dimensional team at the time.

Last week they played a one dimensional team. As many in here like to point out, the way to beat the Chiefs is to put 8 in the box and make Smith and passing game win. Well that's what happened last week, except in reverse. The Ravens knew that Pittsburgh had no running game with Bell being out so they didn't really have to respect it. All they had to do was pin their ears back, hit Ben and sit back and wait for him to throw it. Pittsburgh was one dimensional and their D is nothing really to write home to mom about anymore. NE has a little better D and a healthy offense.

Don't get me wrong but I believe NE wins this weekend and loses in the SB to Seattle.

Either way the winner of the NE / Baltimore game will beat Denver and then go on to lose in the SB.

I agree Pats win, not just because they are a better all around team but because the Ravens and some of their fans have a false sense of security. No I don't just look at the rankings of the Ds and Os I look at several other factors to determine who I believe is a better team. Things like they beat Cleveland, TB, NO, and Mia on the road and nobody will confuse any of those teams as being good. At the same time they lost to Cin, Pitts, Indy, and Hou on the road and with the exception of Hou the rest were playoff teams. So they lost to playoff caliber teams on the road and beat the cellar dwellers on the road. If this was the Chiefs people would be saying they cant beat good teams on the road. Oh, and they were 2-4 against Playoff teams during the regular season. Yes they did beat Pittsburgh last week in Pittsburgh but that was a one dimensional team at the time.

Last week they played a one dimensional team. As many in here like to point out, the way to beat the Chiefs is to put 8 in the box and make Smith and passing game win. Well that's what happened last week, except in reverse. The Ravens knew that Pittsburgh had no running game with Bell being out so they didn't really have to respect it. All they had to do was pin their ears back, hit Ben and sit back and wait for him to throw it. Pittsburgh was one dimensional and their D is nothing really to write home to mom about anymore. NE has a little better D and a healthy offense.

Don't get me wrong but I believe NE wins this weekend and loses in the SB to Seattle.

Either way the winner of the NE / Baltimore game will beat Denver and then go on to lose in the SB.

Pittsburgh lost to the *10-6 Ravens, the 2-14 Buccaneers and the 7-9 Browns on the road.....

baltimore lost to the 9-7 Texans, *11-5 Colts, *10-6 Steelers and *10-6 Bengals on the road....

Ravens lost to 1 non-playoff team on the road.....Steelers lost to teams with a losing reord one of which gets the 1st draft pick....

And all the bs about Bell being out, great player no doubt....but in the loss Bell had 20 yds and blount had 23 yds....ben threw 6tds...

Good night kcx. You got Flaccos balls in your hand or they resting on your chin?

in my hand right now, another TD pass  and it might be different! 17TD's to 0 INT's in 6 play off games!

Keep the faith buddy. Alex Smith will do that for us the next 4 years!!!!! 

Haha no chance. Smith wont take chances. Dont see him doing any of this either qb is doing. Maybe the next retred the chiefs can pick up?

Hell i'd rather even have rivers.

i dont know, i expect the next QB after Smith to be a retread too even if Dorsey is here or not.  For some reason whoever comes to KC thinks they can win with a retread.  

I hope they dont, i hope we can draft and groom our very own.

Beautiful pass by Brady to take the lead.  Them kind of passes where the QB throws the ball and the WR is not even open and he drops the pass to only where the WR can catch it. I love that shit. So fun to watch a QB do that.

Pittsburgh lost to the *10-6 Ravens, the 2-14 Buccaneers and the 7-9 Browns on the road.....

baltimore lost to the 9-7 Texans, *11-5 Colts, *10-6 Steelers and *10-6 Bengals on the road....

Ravens lost to 1 non-playoff team on the road.....Steelers lost to teams with a losing reord one of which gets the 1st draft pick....

And all the bs about Bell being out, great player no doubt....but in the loss Bell had 20 yds and blount had 23 yds....ben threw 6tds...

The thread wasn't about Pittsburgh it was about the NE / Baltimore game. By the way I said the same thing about Pittsburgh before the Chiefs played them.

Never said Bell would run all over Baltimore, I said not having him mad Pittsburgh one dimensional.

Bottom line I said NE would win and they did.

And I pointed out how even in the loss where Ben threw 6TDs, Bel and Blount were of total inconsequence.

Steelers were one dimensional that Thursday night and scored 6 TDs against a rag ass secondary with 1 starter

Then we played them in the playoffs and there was a difference.

And I pointed out how even in the loss where Ben threw 6TDs, Bel and Blount were of total inconsequence.

Steelers were one dimensional that Thursday night and scored 6 TDs against a rag ass secondary with 1 starter

Then we played them in the playoffs and there was a difference.

Yep, The Raven's didn't have to respect the run game.

Archived