Draft Picks our fans would boo who would greatly help our Chiefs.

This is my first Fan Post. Please go easy on me as I am far from a writer. I am, however, a huge a junkie for the combine, the draft, and the entire off season in general. What I intend to explore is a group of draft picks that John Dorsey could select that would make our collective heads explode with anger. In fact, most of us would boo these picks, which is the same response that was heard when Dontari Poe was selected. So, for now let's chat Poe Picks.

My first Poe Pick is Eddie Goldman, DT from FSU.

Why it would be booed: Defensive Tackle is not viewed as a need. People will likely riot if an offensive lineman or wide receiver are not taken.

Why it would be a Poe Pick: Goldman (6-foot-4, 320 pounds), would slide into the DT spot currently occupied by Mike DiVito. Goldman's job is to simply eat up space and take on double-teams, which allows linebackers to make plays easier. Goldman's versatility is appealing. He played end in a 4-3 set this season, but has the size to do so in a 3-4. He is a good athlete with some pass-rush potential. Still, he is at his best against the run.

I envision Poe collapsing the pocket with the C and RG, Goldman occupying the LG and LT, and a free path for one of our many passrusher to the QB. Houston, Ford, Hali, DJ, and Bailey would all see their sack numbers go up with a line built like this. It's what we should have had with TJAX and Dorsey. Hell, I am excited just thinking about how scary our defense would be. His line this year was 19 solo tackles, 8 for a loss, and 16 assisted. He also added 4 sacks and one pass broken up.

My second Poe Pick is Benardrick McKinney, LB from Mississippi State.

Why it would be booed: Inside Linebacker is a devalued position.

Why it would be a Poe Pick: No doubt, with most of our base clamoring for a wide receiver, an ILB would be considered a wasted pick. For his rookie season, McKinney could slide in right next to DJ. This has been a need for years, but as many on here have said, ILB is an undervalued position. The great thing about McKinney is he reminds me of DJ. He runs the Mississippi State defense, and he's got the task of stopping the run game and being effective shadowing the QB, making sure he stays in the pocket. With DJ aging, this could be a pick for the now, and the future. It would no doubt take our defense to another level. His line this year was 35 solo tackles, another 36 assisted, 8 sacks for a loss, 4 passes broken up, and 1 recovered fumble.

My third Poe Pick is Landon Collins, S from Alabama.

Why it would be booed: Our DBs played lights out this year in the absence of Eric Berry.

Why it would be a Poe Pick: It's a whole other level of sad, but Eric Berry will probably not be back this year, if at al. John Dorsey could look to draft his replacement. The DBs performed admirably with him out, but let's let kid ourselves. We can use an upgrade at Safety. I am in the camp that likes Abdullah and Parker, but Collins is another animal altogether. Collins had 60 solo tackles and another 42 assisted, and 4.5 tackles for a loss. To add to it, Collins hauled in 3 interceptions.

In closing, I am sure there are a ton of other selections that would make our collective heads explode, but these are the guys who most Chiefs fans would probably be very happy to have once they hit the field. Who are your Poe Picks? We have a long cold offseason to debate them.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/1/11/7529079/poe-picks-draft-picks-our-fans-would-boo-who-would-greatly-help-our

I am not a draft nerd never have been.I will admit I was disappointed in the Poe pick. From everything that I saw & heard he was a combine freak but his performance even at a lower level of competition  was unimpressive. Hearing his coaches say he was a victim of bad coaching did not sell me. I am happy to say I was wrong.

But to your point Nate I'm not sure I would boo any pick at this time. Poe needs help & Di Veto well he reminds me of Joe Phillips. Watching those playoff games was an education on what a good LB can bring to the table. A Safety? Hell the NFL is a passing league, 90+ some odd pass's were thrown  in the Balt v NE game. I wont boo any picks because the Chiefs need soo much .

Yeah....i'm not a fan of calling these "Poe Picks"  Like OT, I would consider a "Poe Pick" someone that didn't make too much noise in their college career, but shot up in the draft ranks due to his combine measurables.

I would like to hijack this thread and call these "Ford Picks"  Dee Ford is more the fan base angering moves.  A player that plays a position in which we had two pro-bowlers in the year before when the cupboard is bare at WR. 

That being said, if the Chiefs make the right moves during the offseason, all of these picks are certainly justified.  Maybe not ALL of them, but one or two certainly.  Especially if you get two 3rd round comp picks and certain players are still on the board. 

Archived