Mel Kiper's Mock Draft

Too early for DGB.  He's a high risk in my book and the Chiefs need someone reliable from their first rounder.  If he has gotten his act together, then he could be the second best WR in the draft, but why take that chance if Parker or White are still available?  I'd be okay with going OL in the first and getting a falling Beckham in the second.  Rather take a chance on Josh Gordon than use a first on DGB.

Agree...there is a possibility that he will enter the NFL already with two strikes due to the new agreement. That's one issue from banishment. Even if he's given a clean slate I'd probably still wait until the 3rd. I see the talent, but this team HAS to have their 1st rounder pan out this year.

Feels like a project pick and a total reach. I am hoping one of the three Kiper has going ahead of #18 (Cooper, White, Parker) will be there to grab. If not go another direction. For the record, Daniel Jeremiah over at NFL.com also has us taking Green-Beckham. Don't like it as a first round pick at all. Maybe his off the field troubles will cause him to tumble and we can grab him later.

Draft up to 7 rounds: http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Fun little deal... :)

I got this (not realistic probably but was fun anyhow)

17: R1P17
OT BRANDON SCHERFF
IOWA
48: R2P16
S CODY PREWITT
OLE MISS
83: R3P19
WR JUSTIN HARDY
EAST CAROLINA
114: R4P18
CB DORAN GRANT
OHIO STATE
145: R5P17
DE HENRY ANDERSON
STANFORD
176: R6P16
C B.J. FINNEY
KANSAS STATE
211: R7P19
ILB MIKE HULL
PENN STATE

• 2 weeks later...

what about the guy from Ohio State? all speed no hands or what?

More concern about routes. And he never really had many balls thrown to him in their offense. Not amazing hands. He'll drop some. If he can develop into a crisp route runner at every level rather than a pure 9 guy, then he could be a player similar to Maclin with DeSean Jackson speed. He has a bit to go. I see people putting him in the first round, which is completely stupid in my opinion. I'd take him in the 2nd though based on his ability to stretch a defense alone. He's going to run sub-4.4 without question.

18: R1P18

QB MARCUS MARIOTA

OREGON

49: R2P17

WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM

MISSOURI

80: R3P16

JOSUE MATIAS

FLORIDA STATE

115: R4P19

OT AUSTIN SHEPARD

ALABAMA

146: R5P18

ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY

CLEMSON

177: R6P17

CB QUANDRE DIGGS

TEXAS

208: R7P16

SAM CARTER

TCU

No team should pick a project in the first round.  Blue chip player with four years experience at a blue chip program.  A first round choice has to contribute in a major way the first year or he should not be in the first round.

18: R1P18

QB MARCUS MARIOTA

OREGON

49: R2P17

WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM

MISSOURI

80: R3P16

G JOSUE MATIAS

FLORIDA STATE

115: R4P19

OT AUSTIN SHEPARD

ALABAMA

146: R5P18

ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY

CLEMSON

177: R6P17

CB QUANDRE DIGGS

TEXAS

208: R7P16

S SAM CARTER

TCU

How did you rig the system so to get this?

No team should pick a project in the first round.  Blue chip player with four years experience at a blue chip program.  A first round choice has to contribute in a major way the first year or he should not be in the first round.

Yep, Brad Budde, Brian Joswiak, Percy Snow, Sly Morris, Ryan Sims, Todd Blackledge, Jon Baldwin,...............No way should any team waste a first round pick.   :)

Archived