PFF: Chiefs Offense Ranked 23

So instead of insulting me, why don't you .....

'Cause there are only so many minutes in the day, Mongo.   I had to get in an insult, cause it was getting real late, and it was almost bed time.  :lol:  :lol:

BTW, I like you.  I don't know why.  Probably, because you remind me a lot of me.  I have always had this problem where if I think something, it must be right, because, after all, I THOUGHT IT.   

A word of advice:  Better practice up on those mea culpa's. 

The "optimistic" fans on this board are like a guy who supports his friend who decides to quit his steady job to pursue his dream of becoming a singer.  This when he cannot sing.  

I'm the friend who tells him, "You cannot sing.  Quit acting like an idiot and go back to work."  The truth hurts.

Hahahahahahahaha.  I wish that were still true.  They have those electronic "voice modulators" now.  Look at Miley Cyrus.  You think she can sing?  And she's made millions. 

Somehow, though, I don't think the Chiefs will need one of those.

Of course I think I'm right.  What's the point of having an opinion?  Everyone who has an opinion should think they are right.  The difference is those who don't agree with mine are wrong.  :P  ;)

Its all in the language.  People who have an opinion usually say, "I think that..." or "It is my opinion that..".  I sure didn't grow up in a family that did that, and as a result, I have pissed a lot of people off.  Its just a habit.  I have had to learn to preface my opinions with one of those two qualifiers. It takes awhile to learn a new habit. I still am not really good at it.  It is particularly bad for relationships.  But who gives a flying fuck about those, anyway :lol:  Just my opinion.

The biggest problem is believing in one of my own conclusions and then basing my actions on it without ever questioning it.  I've done that too many times to count, and it has been costly. 

Its all in the language.  People who have an opinion usually say, "I think that..." or "It is my opinion that..".  I sure didn't grow up in a family that did that, and as a result, I have pissed a lot of people off.  Its just a habit.  I have had to learn to preface my opinions with one of those two qualifiers. It takes awhile to learn a new habit. I still am not really good at it.  It is particularly bad for relationships.  But who gives a flying fuck about those, anyway :lol:  Just my opinion.

The biggest problem is believing in one of my own conclusions and then basing my actions on it without ever questioning it.  I've done that too many times to count, and it has been costly. 

Editorialists do not do such things.  It weakens your opinion to preface your stmt with phrases like "I think."  I was taught in college to avoid this.  The only time I do that is if I'm unsure about something.  I've added the tagline "in my opinion" to all of my posts to placate those who can't handle a strong opinion or fail to recognize that this a chat board and that every post represents someone's opinion.  Those wishy-washy prefaces are a waste of time. 

I do allow for the possibilty that I'm wrong more than most here realize.  If it's something I feel strongly about like the Chiefs shitty WR corp you better bring a damned strong argument

Editorialists do not do such things.  It weakens your opinion to preface your stmt with phrases like "I think."  I was taught in college to avoid this.  The only time I do that is if I'm unsure about something.  I've added the tagline "in my opinion" to all of my posts to placate those who can't handle a strong opinion or fail to recognize that this a chat board and that every post represents someone's opinion.  Those wishy-washy prefaces are a waste of time. 

I do allow for the possibilty that I'm wrong more than most here realize.  If it's something I feel strongly about like the Chiefs shitty WR corp you better bring a damned strong argument

Hey!  I like your new tagline.  You're a wise man (guy).

It "weakens your opinion" to say that your opinion is an opinion?  Is that a big problem for you, that your opinion could be weakened?

Here's the proof of the pudding for me, at least:  If the Chiefs do well, will we see an apology posted here from you, or merely an excuse?  Let's decide on a figure for "doing well".  Are you willing to do that, and if so, how about 10 victories?  What about 9? At what number would you be willing to degrade yourself with an apology?  Are you willing to do that?  Are you capable of doing that?  From your description, it sounds like you think we are in the bottom third of the league. A pedestrian QB, no WR's, a crappy OL.  That's what all your posts imply.  Are you willing to put up?

Hey!  I like your new tagline.  You're a wise man (guy).

It "weakens your opinion" to say that your opinion is an opinion?  Is that a big problem for you, that your opinion could be weakened?

Here's the proof of the pudding for me, at least:  If the Chiefs do well, will we see an apology posted here from you, or merely an excuse?  Let's decide on a figure for "doing well".  Are you willing to do that, and if so, how about 10 victories?  What about 9? At what number would you be willing to degrade yourself with an apology?  Are you willing to do that?  Are you capable of doing that?  From your description, it sounds like you think we are in the bottom third of the league. A pedestrian QB, no WR's, a crappy OL.  That's what all your posts imply.  Are you willing to put up?

Stick to surgery, doc.  I just told you I was taught when editorializing not to use "I think" and like for that reason.  I should have said "it weakens your argument or stance".  It presents one as one who is not confident in their stmts.  I'd bet debators are taught the same.  May I hop off the couch now, Freud?

I'll gladly admit to being wrong if KC wins 10 games, but will have nothing to apologize for.  It's not as hard for me as you seem to think.  I admitted last year's Chiefs were better than I thought.  They had help but were still better.

For the record, I predict 7 wins. We have the league's 2nd best RB, the league's 2nd best LB corp, a pretty good NT, and an elite SS. Nobody seems to recall me saying those things when calling me "negative".  They just don't like if I don't say EVERYTHING is rosy.

Anyway, it is possible, though unlikely, that the QB is pedestrian, the OL & WR suck and the team still wins 10 games.  The QB was pedestrian, the WR sucked and the OL was mediocre last year.  

Still I'll take the under at your terms.  The negatives and positives will cancel each other mostly.  

Somehow, I don't expect, nor require, payback when vindicated.  I never received kudos after being proven right that the Matt Cassel trade or the Herm or Romeo hirings were stupid amongst many, many other things I was soundly blasted for. I don't need it.  A nice Scotch on the other hand...  

Yes. I really meant that you would admit to being wrong. Not "apologize".  Apologizing is for people who do something wrong, not say something that turns out to incorrect.  But I have a bit of problem with your saying 7 victories but only being willing to say you were wrong if we win 10, at least.  I'll take nine, and mainly because your comments at least appear to indicate that we are really not a good team at all.  No one is holding you to this, although I "might" mention it. If we win only seven, and Smith turns out to be nothing close to a true winning QB, and we have lousy receiving, then I will admit being wrong.  But I will probably try to put the blame all on Eric Fisher LOL and say "just wait till next year."  I am a homer and proud of it.

Yes. I really meant that you would admit to being wrong. Not "apologize".  Apologizing is for people who do something wrong, not say something that turns out to incorrect.  But I have a bit of problem with your saying 7 victories but only being willing to say you were wrong if we win 10, at least.  I'll take nine, and mainly because your comments at least appear to indicate that we are really not a good team at all.  No one is holding you to this, although I "might" mention it. If we win only seven, and Smith turns out to be nothing close to a true winning QB, and we have lousy receiving, then I will admit being wrong.  But I will probably try to put the blame all on Eric Fisher LOL and say "just wait till next year."  I am a homer and proud of it.

Mediocre means average, C grade, not suck.  Average would be 7-9 wins.  I'm saying the Chiefs will be a 7 win C- team with a buffer of +/- one game.  I said the OL, WR, & DB suck.  I've said the QB is average.  Not sucks, below average, good or great.  Average.  It's not an insult.

I've never said his years' teams sucks, to my recollection.  

You set the terms at 10, not me.  If the Chiefs win less than that they are not a good team.  They are mediocre which is what I've said all along

From this it would seem that one of the leagues worst offenses will be riding the coat tails of one of the leagues best defenses. Maybe, but I expect around number 10-12 on both sides of the ball is more realistic. Especially in this division.

Junior Hemingway will be lucky to make the team.

At this point I see KC keeping 5 WRs with D'Anthony Thomas as the flex player.

I see Bowe, Avery, Jenkins, Albert Wilson, and Frankie Hammond Jr. being the one's that are kept over Hemingway. I'll watch the next couple of preseason games, but I think WIlson and Hammond have shown more as youngsters than Hemingway ever has.

Mediocre means average, C grade, not suck.  Average would be 7-9 wins.  I'm saying the Chiefs will be a 7 win C- team with a buffer of +/- one game.  I said the OL, WR, & DB suck.  I've said the QB is average.  Not sucks, below average, good or great.  Average.  It's not an insult.

I've never said his years' teams sucks, to my recollection.  

You set the terms at 10, not me.  If the Chiefs win less than that they are not a good team.  They are mediocre which is what I've said all along

I am worried about Bowe and his bad fingers.  Multiple repeated dislocations.  I have been optimistic about the offense, especially the RB's and the TE's, and have been counting on Zach Fulton on the line and youth and coaching there, but Bowe is one of the guys we can't afford to lose.

Junior Hemingway will be lucky to make the team.

At this point I see KC keeping 5 WRs with D'Anthony Thomas as the flex player.

I see Bowe, Avery, Jenkins, Albert Wilson, and Frankie Hammond Jr. being the one's that are kept over Hemingway. I'll watch the next couple of preseason games, but I think WIlson and Hammond have shown more as youngsters than Hemingway ever has.

Seriously?  Hammond over Hemingway?  I don't really know anything about him, but Reid knows that big receivers who can move fast are valuable. Hemingway is 6-3 and about 220, I think.  All I can say is that if you turn out to be right, Hammond must be really good.  I think Hemingway is a lock for the slot.

Seriously?  Hammond over Hemingway?  I don't really know anything about him, but Reid knows that big receivers who can move fast are valuable. Hemingway is 6-3 and about 220, I think.  All I can say is that if you turn out to be right, Hammond must be really good.  I think Hemingway is a lock for the slot.

Reid strays from the standard WCO WR like Bowe or Hemingway.  Look at his WR in PHI -- DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin.  Not exactly stereotypical WCO, big, catch short passes and break a few tackle guys.  Guys like DBo, ironically.

More irony.  Reid enjoyed his best run when he did employ a stereotypical WCO WR - Terrell Owens.  

Something else I don't like about Dandy.  He wants to run a WCO with gnat-like, speedster WR.

Reid strays from the standard WCO WR like Bowe or Hemingway.  Look at his WR in PHI -- DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin.  Not exactly stereotypical WCO, big, catch short passes and break a few tackle guys.  Guys like DBo, ironically.

More irony.  Reid enjoyed his best run when he did employ a stereotypical WCO WR - Terrell Owens.  

Something else I don't like about Dandy.  He wants to run a WCO with gnat-like, speedster WR.

Maybe he wants the quick passing game to neutralize the disadvantage this year of having such an inexperienced OL.

For this I will give Reid credit, to an extent.  He tried to improve on the WCO.  His thinking is/was that if you employed fast guys in a short catch-and-run passing game you could take it to another level.

I haven't seen it flourish, really.  Especially when his best years in PHI were with TO -- a traditional mini TE at WR.

Reid, Doug Peterson and Al better figure out very quickly that the key to this passing offense this season, is busted fingers, pot head, Dwayne Bowe.  If he doesn't catch 80 balls there is no passing game except for last year's dump and screen game to Charlie.

Archived