All-22 Tape Cards v Chiefs

'Too many check downs! He needed to give his receivers a chance to make a play!'

Smith had done well early with that offense in the face of that defense, converting three drives into two touchdowns. The Chiefs' defense never really leveraged the advantage they had. The offensive line went to pot during the second half, and that led to a sad end for a game that looked like it might end with the Chiefs winning a tough away game.

That video was a tough reminder of just how sad this season was. The 2014 team couldn't finish off opponents.

Yeah I saw a lot of quick checkdowns with receivers open on the next level. Don't know if it's a lack of trust in the Oline or just the way it is for AS. 

Didn't mind those as much as I did the ending, but those who put the ending solely on Smith instead of Smith, Reid, blockers, receivers, and opposing defense are a bit off for me. There's some blame for all, including, of course, Smith. Sometimes those checkdowns with receivers open at the next level (though open is subjective, read dependent, and perspectively different for the QB) led to those to TDs - those I wouldn't gripe over, seeing that it rested the defense and led to points. There will always be a lot to complain about in point-less drives from the QB to the OL to the WRs to the playcalling.

Archived