Am I the only person who would like to see Ryan Mathews in a Chiefs uniform? I understand he is injury prone but I believe if he can stay healthy he is a top 15 running back. I think if they Chiefs could snatch him up for close to 1 million dollars for a 1 year deal, it could be a steal. Then again I don't know what the market is like for him. I understand this is high risk because of his injury history. Also it would create a backlog of running backs, since the Chiefs would already have Charles, Davis and Gray. I just think I would rather see a Charles/Mathews combo at this point  more so than a Charles/Davis combo, no disrespect to Knile.

Now living in San Diego, all I hear about is how Chargers fans can't stand Mathews because he fumbles too much. Ryan Matthews has fumbled 15 times in 1,069 rushing and receiving attempts combined, 8 of those were lost. This comes out to an average of 1 fumble for every 71 touches. 10 of those fumbles came in his first 2 seasons, so he's gotten better at ball security.

Jamaal Charles has fumbled the ball 24 times in his career, 16 of those were lost. These 24 fumbles came on 1511 rushing and receiving attempts combined. This comes out to an average of 1 fumble for every 63 touches.

I am  biased because I went to Fresno State. Mathews has had injury issues going all the way back to college. I think he will have a bounce back year in 2015 and would be a nice complement to Jamaal.

interesting thought...so he would be expendable to SD since i hear they are going after Peterson if/when he is re-instated

Yes, if the rumors are true and the Chargers are pursuing signing Peterson I think they'll let Mathews go since they'll likely keep Woodhead instead of Mathews. I'm wondering if San Diego management has grown tired of Mathews like the Chargers fans have. I just read the Chargers can resign Mathews for 3.3 million, I don't think I would pay more than 1.5 million a year for him due to his injury history.

I like Ryan Mathews too.  Can he split out wide or can he play guard?

w

I'm pretty sure he can play guard and wide receiver and be useless. I think he's better suited as a running back. I understand there are much bigger needs than another running back. Just thought he might be an interesting addition.

Archived