• Baltimore Ravens (Road)
    • Cincinnati Bengals (Road)
    • Green Bay Packers (Road)
    • Minnesota Vikings (Road)
    • Houston Texans (Road)
    • San Diego Chargers (Road)
    • Denver Broncos (Road)
    • Oakland Raiders (Road)
  2. 2. Regardless of Your Answer Above, Home or Road game first?

• Home
    • Road
  3. 3. Regardless of Your Choices Above, Thursday Night Game(s)? (Short Week)

• Pittsburgh Steelers (Home)
    • Chicago Bears (Home)
    • Denver Broncos (Either)
    • Baltimore Ravens (Road)
    • Cincinnati Bengals (Road)
    • Green Bay Packers (Road)
    • San Diego Chargers (Either)
    • Oakland Raiders (Either)
    • Buffalo Bills (Home)
    • Minnesota Vikings (Road)
    • Cleveland Browns (Home)
    • Houston Texans (Road)

I did this last year and got a pretty good response, hopefully, you guys can help this year.

I have three poll questions up about the schedule. I know we have no say, shouldn't matter, but this is the off-season and too early for the draft polls (after combine).

Who do you want to face first?

Considerations: Importance of starting off well vs. quality of opponent, prep time is longer, rested, relatively healthy. Might want to avoid new coaches, as we don't have film on them to prepare for.

Start on the road or at home?

Considerations: Starting on the road may be tough, but you could set that up with an "easier" opponent and it would mean one less road trip later. I had considered St Louis or Tennessee first last year, but that was at home, so wouldn't help. Home start would be good, but sets up worse stretch later, considering that one home game is in London.

Who do you want to play on TNF, if we have to play one this year?

Considerations: Less physical teams are better to face on a short week, chance to upset on national TV vs. embarrassing loss on national TV. Rivalry.

Thanks!

Interesting. I was thinking Houston Texans because they are good enough to want to have the off-season to prepare, but they aren't the top team who would be a paper loss - now, it's a toss-up with us as a slight favorite, I would imagine?

Vikings could be better than they were last year, but it seems like a waste to have extra off-season time to play them - but - no game is a gimmie and if we do win, it's a good start - better than a loss to the Texans to start.

I don't want to face a new coach like Whisenhunt. We knew Arizona, I suppose, but it was new enough that we couldn't know exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

Chiefs will open at home this year. Actually probably have back to back home games to start the year. 

Nov 1 is when the Chiefs play in London. The NFL has already announced that is a week 8 match-up. 

If you count backwards by weeks that puts week 1 on September 13th (or the 1st Sunday after labor day when the NFL usually starts)

The Royals are ON THE ROAD (Edited from previously saying at home) on the 13th and also the following Sunday the 20th.

So my guess would be the Chiefs open with back to back home games. 

Chiefs will open at home this year. Actually probably have back to back home games to start the year. 

Nov 1 is when the Chiefs play in London. The NFL has already announced that is a week 8 match-up. 

If you count backwards by weeks that puts week 1 on September 13th (or the 1st Sunday after labor day when the NFL usually starts)

The Royals are home on the 13th and also the following Sunday the 20th.

So my guess would be the Chiefs open with back to back home games. 

I'm confused... if the Royals are home both Sundays, wouldn't that mean we're on the road?

• 1 month later...

Does this change anything for anyone?: Le'Veon Bell Suspended for first three games. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12653337/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-suspended-3-games

Go to remember Sean Smith is going to get a similar suspension. Smith will be suspended the 1st 2 games not 3. I believe Bell got 3 because his arrest was a DUI and also weed, which would make sense, 2 games for the DUI and 1 game for the weed. 

Schedule to be released tonight, so wanted to compile votes:

First Game:

Chicago and Minnesota: 5

Cleveland, Steelers, Bills, Broncos: 2

Oakland (H), Baltimore, Houston, Oakland ®: 1

Home: 14

Away: 8

Prime time:

Chicago: 4

Green Bay, Broncos, Minnesota: 3

Baltimore, Bengals, Oakland, Cleveland: 2

Bills: 1

Voted for Chicago because they are good enough to use the off-season to game plan, but beatable enough they aren't the Packers (who we can beat, just harder). Also, starting at home.

Picked home because it's likely and preferable in getting us off to a good start.

Picked Chicago for prime time because we can get up for them to beat; plus, my uncle is a Bears fan and he'd only be available at night to watch with.

Voted for Chicago because they are good enough to use the off-season to game plan, but beatable enough they aren't the Packers (who we can beat, just harder). Also, starting at home.

Picked home because it's likely and preferable in getting us off to a good start.

Picked Chicago for prime time because we can get up for them to beat; plus, my uncle is a Bears fan and he'd only be available at night to watch with.

I have a feeling we are going to see the Bills at home week 1. 

Week 1 should definitely be home with the Royals out of town

I have a feeling we are going to see the Bills at home week 1.

Week 1 should definitely be home with the Royals out of town

I don't like playing new teams (teams with new coaches) or easy(er) opponents or really difficult opponents. New teams are ruled up and a bit of a wildcard, even with "known" coaches (see Whisenhunt last year withTennessee. Easy(er) opponents waste the longer time to gameplan (whereas it gives them time to gameplan against the better Chiefs - mid season would give them just one week). Difficult opponents can get us off to a bad start, are healthy at the beginning, etc.

Who are the other options? Teams we could use a good off-season to prepare for. Chicago Bears,Houston Texans if they weren't on the road, Detroit Lions if not in London), etc. no Packers or Broncos.

Although, on second thought, Chicago would be a bad choice - new coach who has game planned against us for the last few years, albeit he had a better QB than Cutler and our games were always close. Extra time would be a waste for them, but he'd have a head start.

Any other predictions?

I don't like playing new teams (teams with new coaches) or easy(er) opponents or really difficult opponents. New teams are ruled up and a bit of a wildcard, even with "known" coaches (see Whisenhunt last year withTennessee. Easy(er) opponents waste the longer time to gameplan (whereas it gives them time to gameplan against the better Chiefs - mid season would give them just one week). Difficult opponents can get us off to a bad start, are healthy at the beginning, etc.

Who are the other options? Teams we could use a good off-season to prepare for. Chicago Bears,Houston Texans if they weren't on the road, Detroit Lions if not in London), etc. no Packers or Broncos.

Although, on second thought, Chicago would be a bad choice - new coach who has game planned against us for the last few years, albeit he had a better QB than Cutler and our games were always close. Extra time would be a waste for them, but he'd have a head start.

Any other predictions?

Only other prediction is a Primetime game at Arrowhead. We showed them last year we can come to play on MNF. I think we will be rewarded again with a MNF game at Arrowhead.

right now week 1 is looking like Bears or Bills if it is at home. Browns play the Jets, Steelers play the Patriots. I don't see a divisional game to open the season. so Bills or Bears is the only option.

Week One:

Week Two:

Week Three:

Week Four:

Week Five: Bears

Week Six:

Week Seven: Lions in London

Week Eight: BYE

Week Nine:

Week Ten:

Week Eleven:

Week Twelve: