My opinions on the 53 after this game. 

WR - Trade Jenkins to Cleveland for a conditional 7th round pick (if he starts half the games - which is basically giving him away, but also gets rid of his contract). Jenkins cannot block, and is not better than Hammond or Wilson. Therefore, start with wide receivers Avery, Wilson, Hemingway, Hammond, and add Bowe after the first game.

RB -Start with Charles, Davis, Thomas, and Gray. Try to trade Gray before the second game. Place West on the practice squad. Sherman is the FB. 

OL - The Chiefs need to decide if they want to develop Fisher, or keep their QB alive this year. If they want the later, they need to move Stephenson to LT, and start Ryan Harris at RT. Fisher is either unhealthy or not technically skilled enough to play in the NFL. They need to try acquire a LG. Keep Allen, Fulton, Henry, Kush, and Hudson. Place LDT on the practice squad and hope no one snags him.

QB - Smith - starter. Keep Daniel, Murray, and Bray. The Chiefs may need all four by the time the season is over. It was a huge mistake to show Albert his walking papers before securing a replacement. ( Fisher is not a replacement for Albert ).  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other things that stood out....

I'm not impressed with the defensive front in the 2nd half sans perhaps Vance Walker. I saw most of them get washed out time and again against the run. I'm not sure how Nico Johnson stands a chance to make this team.

I'd like to see DeMarcus Van Dyke run against some ones. He looked okay, and looked better than Ron Parker. Gaines is going to take some time.

Overall, not impressed with most of the defense today.

Frankie Hammond absolutely needs to make this team.

Murray looks pretty solid. I didn't see any reason he shouldn't make the team.

The offensive interior doesn't have saviors except for the possibility of Ricky Henry, at least that's who I think I was looking at at LG tonight... Whoever it was looked stout. Linkenbach look good at RT. Rishaw Johnson sucked at RG, don't see how he's making the team at this point. Atrocious on the level of Jeff Allen. God forbid they were on the field simultaneously because we'll need a stretcher for the QB.

I didn't see much offensively from the WRs outside of Bowe and Hammond tonight, which is a big concern.

#21 was roasted. He was in every sportcenter highlight chasing someone.

Our best player on offense was out.

Our best player on defense was out.

I thought we played pretty well. There were too many penalties but it wasn't that bad.

Starting defense was fantastic. Three - three and outs to start the game was nice. Not bad for pretty vanilla defense.

I didn't like having our FS lined up over the other teams #1 receiver even if he is getting bumped by Hali. That shit will get exploited.

Carolinas front seven is very good. The line got beat sometimes but, was decent overall. Fisher was good 90% of the time imo. He made a couple of big mistakes and they were spot lighted. Stephenson and Allen were worse and no one is talking about them.

The thing that stuck out the most to me was how terrible the receivers were at blocking including Bowe. If we are going to run all of those screen plays, they need to get their heads out of their asses.

Parker lost the job last night.

Succop won the job last night. Kickoffs are the deal breaker for Santos.

Bowe looked good and obviously didn't like what he read in the media. We've seen him do that before.

Walker was kicking ass last night. He seems to be getting more acclimated.

Daniel is a lock. He obviously has nothing to worry about and the competition is for the #3 job. Murray looks to have the advantage.

We have a ton of weapons and are going to be fine imo. We haven't had this many weapons in years.

I did not think Fisher played that badly last night.   One of his sacks was a missed chip block by Knile Davis.  It is easy to criticize Fisher because he's the first one you see but he did not get beat routinely.   I was totally unimpressed with Zach Fulton.   If he's the best we have at that position,  we have problems.  Hemingway is injured AGAIN and he is turning into Tony Moeaki part 2.  He's got the good hands but can't get off the LOS.   Chiefs were victims of missed opportunities early.  Untimely penalties in the first half just killed us.    We have to get the new pass interference interpretation down.  Alex Smith played pretty well.   I noticed he had a quick release tonight but I am guessing that's because Caroline was caving in the center of the line.   Didn't see that vaunted pass rush out of our linebackers.   When it was made clear that Cam Newton was not going on wild scrambles, Sutton should have turned these guys loose.   All in all a disappointing performance.  I have to believe that JHJ has nailed down the other interior linebacker spot.  And I think we should keep Succop because his kickoffs go out of the endzone.

Our best player on offense was out.

Our best player on defense was out.

I thought we played pretty well. There were too many penalties but it wasn't that bad.

Starting defense was fantastic. Three - three and outs to start the game was nice. Not bad for pretty vanilla defense.

I didn't like having our FS lined up over the other teams #1 receiver even if he is getting bumped by Hali. That shit will get exploited.

Carolinas front seven is very good. The line got beat sometimes but, was decent overall. Fisher was good 90% of the time imo. He made a couple of big mistakes and they were spot lighted. Stephenson and Allen were worse and no one is talking about them.

The thing that stuck out the most to me was how terrible the receivers were at blocking including Bowe. If we are going to run all of those screen plays, they need to get their heads out of their asses.

Parker lost the job last night.

Bowe looked good and obviously didn't like what he read in the media. We've seen him do that before.

Walker was kicking ass last night. He seems to be getting more acclimated.

Daniel is a lock. He obviously has nothing to worry about and the competition is for the #3 job. Murray looks to have the advantage.

We have a ton of weapons and are going to be fine imo. We haven't had this many weapons in years.

Great post. We held them under 300 yds. After the first three drives I'm sure we let up.

Fisher is my biggest worry. He is not good. Hasn't flashed. Totally unimpressed. At this point, he should be balling for a number 1.

It isn't as bad as some think. Fisher screwed up twice in 39 offensive plays. He had a holding call and he missed a cut block that allowed Hardy to tackle the RB for a loss. Other than that he was good. Everyone is focused on him because he was the #1 overall pick. I still think he will be at least as good as Albert.

It isn't as bad as some think. Fisher screwed up twice in 39 offensive plays. He had a holding call and he missed a cut block that allowed Hardy to tackle the RB for a loss. Other than that he was good. Everyone is focused on him because he was the #1 overall pick. I still think he will be at least as good as Albert.

We will see.

Fischer screwed up a lot more than twice.  He really has a lot of work to do, He needs to get better, or Alex will not survive the first half of the season. All in all I was not pleased with the game last night.  I'm hoping having Charles would have made a difference in not only the running game, which wasn't bad, and the protection.  Davis missed a couple blocks I know Charles would have made.  

Fischer screwed up a lot more than twice.  He really has a lot of work to do, He needs to get better, or Alex will not survive the first half of the season. All in all I was not pleased with the game last night.  I'm hoping having Charles would have made a difference in not only the running game, which wasn't bad, and the protection.  Davis missed a couple blocks I know Charles would have made.

I hate the term "it" but fish does not have it. It would have happened already. He got benched last year because of an "injury"

Our line was damn good when Stephenson and Schwartz got in the line up

I think we need to give him a little more time. He just moved back to his natural position, after learning how to play RT. I don't think he's a HOF'r, but I feel like he will come along and be just as good as Albert.

He seems to have good mental fortitude, and he seems to be a hard worker who wants to do a good job. I think he will get better and be serviceable.

How long will that take? I don't know.....

He seems to have good mental fortitude, and he seems to be a hard worker who wants to do a good job. I think he will get better and be serviceable.

How long will that take? I don't know.....

Good mental fortitude would not let us fans see him upset after a play.   And he looked awfully indecisive last night.  

I'm not calling for his benching but he needs to start showing improvement pretty quick especailly at that position.  Cause if they have to start putting a man there for support, that makes for less plays you can run on offense.

Which makes for what is shaping up to be a long season.

You know Santos is purposely kicking the ball short right?

They have to see the coverage unit, so Reid instructed him to kick the ball short, said it in his press conference after the 1st game.

They have to see the coverage unit, so Reid instructed him to kick the ball short, said it in his press conference after the 1st game.

Yep, I thought Succup did one too.  Not so sure if this kicker battle is hashed out yet??

Minnesota's former kicker Kluwe claimed that he was told to kick it short and the stats were used against him... then he said that was the pretense to let him go when he voiced his opinion loudly on gay marriage. I'm all for voicing your opinion and freedom of speech, but when he said he knew he would be let go for those purposes but needed to stand up for what he believed, it becomes a stupid move, in my opinion. It's his right and everything and for the record, I don't care if gays can marry, I just don't think he was the person to unbreak a tie or push the idea over the hump. If your movement can be achieved without you and you'd lose your well paying job if you join, feel free to let others do it and keep your job. Donate money if needed but don't make a distraction. Just keep your job...

Sorry for the soliloquy.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived