Chiefs Off Season is Beginning....Expectations?

We are rolling into the most significant off season the Chiefs have had in many years.  The team is relevant and expected to continue to improve and have a large say in the outcome of the AFC West for years to come. 

My personal expectations for the Off Season:

-do what they have to to get needed Cap Space

-they keep Houston and Hudson

-sign ONE impact Player ( WR, OL, LB)

-a Draft that gets at least one or two starters

-a Draft that loads up the roster with emerging talent.

Expectations for 2015 Season

- get in the playoffs ( would like to see them win the AFC West)

-Win at least ONE playoff game

w

I have no expectations only hope. I hope on the 50th year of the Super Bowl we get there. Along with just getting there it would be a great story. I am sure if the media could control the outcome it would be  the Packers v Chiefs again...now wouldn't that be sumptin?

I have no expectations only hope. I hope on the 50th year of the Super Bowl we get there. Along with just getting there it would be a great story. I am sure if the media could control the outcome it would be  the Packers v Chiefs again...now wouldn't that be sumptin?

Especially with the Chiefs winning it this time!

I have no expectations only hope. I hope on the 50th year of the Super Bowl we get there. Along with just getting there it would be a great story. I am sure if the media could control the outcome it would be the Packers v Chiefs again...now wouldn't that be sumptin?

Not expecting that, but that would be great. That would mean that Smith beat Rodgers, like in the draft. Obviously, Rodgers is better than Smith, but that would be a fun accomplishment for Smith.

West, I would love your scenario.  I expect to lose Hudson.  I like him, but the money someone posted (7 million next year) means he is gone.  I expect to sign or tag Houston and maybe get a second tier guard.  Other than that, I think we will barely be able to afford our draft picks.

Reid says DJ and DeVito are in the best shape of their life. I hope that translates on the field. Allen should be back, and he will be stronger this year. Still, I hope the Chiefs get a LG and a RG. Hudson may be gone, and that is a pity. I hope Kush is ready. He is up to 315 lbs, and looks much stronger. However, he's only started one game, and played in three in the two years he has been a Chief. I think Harris, and Stephenson will be alright at RT. Fisher needs to step it up. I'm hopeful, but realistic. It can't be worse than last year, can it?

West, I would love your scenario.  I expect to lose Hudson.  I like him, but the money someone posted (7 million next year) means he is gone.  I expect to sign or tag Houston and maybe get a second tier guard.  Other than that, I think we will barely be able to afford our draft picks.

who would you rather give that money to,  Parker or Hudson?

Give the money to Hudson. Parker is a decent player, who has a fascinating upward curve of potential. Coleman is not as good, but can replace Parker. Kush may be able to replace Hudson. However, I think the drop off potential for the later is much more. The OL needs some parts to stay the same. Allen will probably be back, and he may help. I think the Chiefs still need to replace both Guards. Fisher is supposedly making improvements. We'll see about that. The Chiefs have too much tied up in him to bail just yet. Their RT situation didn't hurt the team nearly as much as any other others besides Center. Trying to replace both guards, and a Center is just too much. They may end up having to do just that. They need to find a way to keep Hudson if possible.

Sadly, I think you nailed it. 

1. Sign Justin Houston and Rodney Hudson long-term.

2. Addresss OL: Get new starters at LG and RT, competition at RG and hopeful that RT prospect can push LT.

3. Address WR: Get some quickness, add at least 3 new bodies, would like to see 2 via the draft and one FA.

4. Increase competition at ILB, CB, and FS. Prefer new starter at ILB.

5. Make the tough cuts that are necessary.

Archived