Preseason 2014 Thread

Yet it was the end of the world.

Defense was fine.

Ol sucked and DL pressure was soft. Who knows it's preseason.

The one for sure- fisher is a 5th rounder

Joeckel looks better, but not by much. It appears the Chiefs made the wrong move by deciding not to retain Branden Albert. 

Worse officiating I have seen in years. The replacement refs were much better they at least let the player's play.

They are purposely going overboard on PI and defensive holding to show "they are serious".  At the end of the preseason they will analyze their data and probably back off a bit.  That is unless the league wants 4 hour games.  Remember, its preseason for the refs too.  They are practicing as well.

The beauty of the NFL over the other major sports is they are constantly tweeking in an effort to improve.  This doesn't always work, like this nonsense which makes it virtually impossible to play DB.  At least they aren't afraid of change like that snooze-fest played on a diamond.  

O line is rough. I think it will take until mid season to stiffin up on pass protection. I kind of wish they would have played Fisher at LG last year so he could be more comfortable with the protection on that side. Then the left side wouldn't be manned by guys who have never ayes over there.

It is a little scary at FS. Especially if we have to send 5 or 6 to get pressure. Cooper, Smith and Gaines can be respectable I think.

I wish Walker and Ford were more disruptive against the backups.

All and all, I am not that worried except for O line.

Archived