fasano likely cap casualty

that would be a shame. I thought he was solid but agree on arguably not worth the price tag. It may also tell us that the Chiefs have their eye on a TE  in FA or the draft. 2 awfully good ones available in FA or probably available in the top 2 rounds..

TE draft from what I gathered is pretty shallow in TE depth.

MAXX WILLIAMS

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1983769/maxx-william

Strengths Weaknesses STRENGTHS: Looks the part with an excellent frame and workable build. Terrific athleticism with fluidity to shift his weight well in his breaks. Flexible with quick reflexes to find the ball. Smooth route acceleration off the line of scrimmage to stress the seam and gain a step on defenders. Strong, decisive strides. Dangerous after the catch with springs in his lower body to leap and hurdle defenders. Large, soft hands and focus to make natural adjustments on the ball without slowing his momentum, extending and snaring grabs in traffic. Has the ballskills and catching radius to make acrobatic catches with conviction and sideline awareness. Physical ballcarrier and lowers his pads to surge forward for positive yardage. Natural body control to engage defenders as a blocker, sustaining and generating momentum on the move. Possesses the point of attack toughness and needed temperament to survive as an inline blocker.

Unpolished at the top of his routes, but much improved in this area, showing a nice head dip and body shake to create room to work. Competitive natured with determined work ethic and a good head on his shoulders. Academic All-American. Extensive athletic bloodlines - his father (Brian) lettered at Minnesota at center (1986-88) and was a first round pick (18th overall) in the 1989 NFL Draft, playing 11 seasons for the New York Giants - his grandfather (Robert) played QB at Notre Dame and was selected in the 1959 NFL Draft -- his mother (Rochelle) starred in volleyball at Minnesota and received the Big Ten Medal of Honor in 1988.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks explosive traits and needs a few steps to get going. Has some body tightness and not a twitchy mover, needing to better sink his hips in his breaks to create separation. Average-at-best route runner at this point in his development with predictable moves, rounding and easily forecasting his patterns. Still learning the nuances of the position to set up his movements. Room to get stronger and needs to show the same grit as a blocker from snap-to-snap. Inconsistent angles and body positioning, not always feeling the hole. Will get hung up in the trash when lined up inline and needs to improve his hand technique vs. the jam.

--Dane Brugler

COMPARES TO: Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys -- Williams has the frame, athleticism and ballskills at the position to start quickly in the NFL and carve out a Witten-like career as a pro.

Player Overview A prospect just scratching the surface of his potential, Williams owns the all-around skill-set that fits all 32 NFL teams with the ability to line up inline, in the backfield or as a flex option out wide. Although not yet a detailed route runner, he has above average top-end speed for the position with a great feel for throws away from his body, making a number of "wow" catches (and runs) on his college film. Williams is young and needs seasoning, but he has NFL pedigree and projects as a mismatch nightmare with the versatile traits to be equally effective as a pass-catcher and blocker.

A three-star tight end recruit out of high school, Williams received some attention from other Big Ten schools, but committed to Minnesota (his father's alma mater) a week after he received the offer his junior year in high school. He redshirted for the Gophers in 2012 and saw immediate playing time as a redshirt freshman in 2013, leading the team with 417 yards receiving over seven starts. Williams boosted his production as a sophomore with a team-best 36 receptions for 569 yards and eight touchdowns, earning First Team All-Big Ten and Second Team All-American honors. In a weak class of tight end prospects, Williams decided to forego his final two seasons in Minneapolis to enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

Clive Walford

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1759387/clive-walford

Strengths Weaknesses STRENGTHS: Impressive acceleration off the line to challenge down the seam. Quick, athletic receiver with the ability to catch the ball in stride and create mismatches with his athleticism, or line up wide and beat corners with his size and catch radius.

Generally reliable hands, with the ability to climb the ladder and utilize his large catching radius that scouts seek at the position.

WEAKNESSES: Lean lower body. Has struggled, at times, with mental mistakes over his career. Struggles as a blocker and has been plagued by drops in the past.

--Dane Brugler, Rob Rang & Derek Stephens

Player Overview With 121 career receptions and 14 touchdowns, Walford leaves Miami with a chance to continue a strong tradition of productive pro tight ends. Scouts will have to be convinced consistency issues are in his past and overlook that he's not a special athlete.

Walford's athletic traits and versatility could make him the first senior tight end off the board, especially for teams looking for a matchup mismatch who can block and makes catches he probably shouldn't given his average athletic ability.

Jesse James

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1983808/jesse-james

Strengths Weaknesses STRENGTHS: Underutilized with a diverse skill set to help any NFL team. Good enough speed to present a threat down the seam. Makes the tough catch in traffic without fear. Keeps his feet chopping on contact as a blocker and understands angles and cutback lanes well enough to move and be a second tight end or H-back. Flashes soft hands. Similar in build and skill set to Bills tight end Scott Chandler.

WEAKNESSES: Too often fights the ball. Lacks the burst to be a threat after the catch. Below-average production in college and was invisible in the passing game too often. Limited ability to separate. Post-up receiver whose greatest edge is his height, reach. No wiggle with the ball. Unspectacular overall prospect.

--Dane Brugler

Player Overview An impactful player since his freshman season at Penn State, it was a surprise to scouts when James opted to enter the 2015 draft. He had 78 career receptions, 1,005 yards and 11 touchdowns in three seasons.

James is a well-rounded tight end who became a security blanket for the quarterback with his versatility as a slot receiver and inline tight end. He can effectively play on all three downs with many attributes that will be coveted by NFL evaluators. With his size and firm grasp of blocking principles, James has just one major lingering question - consistency.

Oldtimer, could you teach a NewTimer how to embed a YouTube video?  I went to you calm down Tommy Lee Jones (?) video and upon quoting it, I didn't see any special characters or whatnot.

Thanks if you could. I want to post the above videos in embedded form.

just copy the http address in the address bar and paste it  I have to hit the enter button to move the curser down a couple of times to get the Paste option to show. not sure if thats just  something about my puter but it should take

Thanks, I'll try that again, but I just don't have the "it" factor, I suppose. I copy and paste and bleh. Press enter and whatnot, bleh. I'm jealous.

Thanks, I'll try that again, but I just don't have the "it" factor, I suppose. I copy and paste and bleh. Press enter and whatnot, bleh. I'm jealous.

KCSL,

You're not the first person I've heard complain of not being able to imbed video.

Not sure if it comes down to a browser issue, or what (maybe try a different one?  Firefox? Chrome?)

Honestly, all I have to do is cut and past the URL, and there it is. (using Firefox, by the way).

Good luck.

Fasano is gone. He is older, and suffered through a lot of injuries. I think he will continue to try to catch on with another team. His career is nearing an end. 

Maybe Harris will be ready to contribute this year. He has really improved on the little things. He didn't even know how to block when the Chiefs brought him in. Now, that is his strongest suit. He was going to play mostly due to his blocking ability on the day he broke his foot. That is really saying something. He's come a long ways. 

Richard Gordon is the third TE, and probably good enough to play at this level. He is a much better blocker than Clive Walford, and maybe a bit faster. I think he can catch just as well. I really don't like this crop of TEs this year. 

If I were to take a TE, it would be Blake Bell. Bell may not even get drafted. He converted from QB to play TE during his senior year at OU. He was so bad at the start of the season that it was almost a joke. By the end of the season, he looked pretty good. Blake Bell is quicker than Maxx Williams, and just as fast. He is almost as quick as Clive Walford. He doesn't yet know what he is doing. However, he will get it. He's a project. He isn't great at blocking. He played QB, so he understands offenses. He is a better runner than any of the TEs in the draft. I think he could be used as a running back on short distances, and goal line situations. I would draft him with a 6th rd. compensatory pick at the most. They might not even have to give up a pick if he falls through the draft. 

I wouldn't go for Maxx Williams unless he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round. He has some good hands, and uses his body well. He is not fast, nor is he quick. He doesn't block well enough to be a blocking TE. He will make it in the NFL. However, he is not a first round talent, and maybe not even a third round. Compare him to Kelce who went to the Chiefs in the 3rd round. Kelce is a 4.6 guy, and Williams is 4.8. Kelce is also much, much quicker. Williams is starkly better than Walford or Jesse James. 

Kelce, Harris, and Gordon run a 4.6 40. Williams, Walford, and James run it around 4.8. 

Archived