Maclin to kc? yes per mort

Guest liquidfriend

If the figures of 8 million per season that has been reportedly been offered to Hudson are true, I'd let him walk.

He's good, but that's tackle type of money for a player who just isn't an Alex Mack.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This move is a serious sign that the Chiefs mean business if it actually works out. Can anyone remember the Chiefs actually making a move like this in the last 20 years? In fact, I can't think of a significant signing like this outside of the moves that brought super Joe and Marcus Allen to the Chiefs way back in 1993. It's at least comparable.

Kendrick Bell?   :lol:  :lol:

My ideal situation would be to restructure Bowe's deal, lowering 5 million cap hit for this year. I think a lot of people would like him as a number two. Then we could draft a receiver somewhere and OL early. Re-sign Houston and load Hudson's deal into next year. Tampa already restructured. Smith restructuring isn't necessary, but depending on a couple things that could help.

Not excited about this move until he actually signs... Sanders deal still fresh in my mind from last year.

My thoughts exactly. Any rumor tying Jeremy Maclin to the Chiefs is automatically credible regardless of the money paid because there are few teams in the league in such terrible shape at the position. This does not mean that the rumor becomes any more true. I wouldn't be surprised if this was an attempt by Maclin's agent to drive the free agent market for wide receivers. With Thomas, Bryant, and Cobb already off of the market, Maclin has become the marquee free agent at the wideout position (unless you accept nfl.com's ranking of Torrey Smith as being more desirable than Maclin). This, by definition, would indicate that he is not the kind of player the Chiefs would pursue.

He's worth $9 million per year. The Eagles already offered that. I don't see the Chiefs doing better with Maclin than they would do by restructuring Bowe's contract for 2015 to become fully guaranteed upon the start of the regular season, and then to unconditionally terminate at the end of 2015 (thereby eliminating all potential dead money related to his previous contract).

As much as the Chiefs need an alternative to Dwayne Bowe, this looks like a case of throwing good money after bad.

My thoughts exactly. Any rumor tying Jeremy Maclin to the Chiefs is automatically credible regardless of the money paid because there are few teams in the league in such terrible shape at the position. This does not mean that the rumor becomes any more true. I wouldn't be surprised if this was an attempt by Maclin's agent to drive the free agent market for wide receivers. With Thomas, Bryant, and Cobb already off of the market, Maclin has become the marquee free agent at the wideout position (unless you accept nfl.com's ranking of Torrey Smith as being more desirable than Maclin). This, by definition, would indicate that he is not the kind of player the Chiefs would pursue.

He's worth $9 million per year. The Eagles already offered that. I don't see the Chiefs doing better with Maclin than they would do by restructuring Bowe's contract for 2015 to become fully guaranteed upon the start of the regular season, and then to unconditionally terminate at the end of 2015 (thereby eliminating all potential dead money related to his previous contract).

As much as the Chiefs need an alternative to Dwayne Bowe, this looks like a case of throwing good money after bad.

Troy Vincent? Samari Rolle? Running up the price to sign with Philly?

I've seen a lot to really like this pick up (if he doesn't reneg).

He has some speed, familiarity with the offense, gets separation (though different weapons and QB cause different coverages), doesn't have a drop issue, seems super confident but doesn't over-celebrate in my opinion, etc. The cost could be one thing, but heck, I want somebody who isn't questioned as a number one receiver for Smith. Reid will spread the ball, but with Maclin, Kelce, DAT, Wilson, and maybe someone somewhere in the draft, that has to be the best targets Smith has had in his career. Knock on wood, the longest relative health and continuance in the same system he's had. If the OL gels and we get someone somewhere, we should take off. And this is even with accepting all the limitations people say Smith has (everyone does, but won't stipulate to the degree some state).

Health and OL are the only concerns I have. I also want to get Houston signed. If those two are addressed and maintained, I have no excuse for Smith, as a Smith supporter. Obviously, every team has their pros and cons and I'm not predicting SB, just saying I won't be making any excuses, warranted or not, for Smith if we don't succeed. I hope he does, because if he doesn't, these conditions are ripe for another QB to come in and take the credit like Kaepernick did. I'm only really concerned with whether we win or not, not really with the QB, but you know I'd love to get there with Smith and all the supporting staff.

Its starting again just like with Sanders last yr, Frank Gore is reconsidering his offer from Eagles may go to Colts instead if he does that the Eagles will just give that to Maclin and I bet he goes if that makes their offer better than ours!! Hope not but stay tuned!!

Its starting again just like with Sanders last yr, Frank Gore is reconsidering his offer from Eagles may go to Colts instead if he does that the Eagles will just give that to Maclin and I bet he goes if that makes their offer better than ours!! Hope not but stay tuned!!

I guess we will not be able to breathe easy until 4PM est today <_<

Stupid Frank Gore, don't screw it up for your friend, Alex, by not only giving the Eagles more money to sign Maclin but also going to the Colts to actually give them a runningback. I was enjoying the failed Trent Richardson trade. Even if the Colts weren't any good, it's still a good (but aging) back going from the NFC to our conference. Go to Philly, Frank!

We are going to be battling Andrew Luck for the next 10 years....

w

I call for conference realignment.

AFC: Chiefs, Jacksonville, Cleveland, NY Jets, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Washington, Buffalo, Oakland, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, Tennessee, Philadelphia, and Carolina.

NFC: Colts, Broncos, Cardinals, Seahawks, Patriots, Steelers, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit, Green Bay, Dallas, Niners, Houston, San Diego, New Orleans, and NY Giants

Shit, Frank Gore didn't take my advice. He's going to the Colts. Also, we have to be weary about an end of the draft team like the Colts who have money signing Houston because the draft picks aren't high. Damn Colts, damn Frank.

Trent Cole and Robert Mathis coming off the edges is scary too. Sounds like they are gonna sign Andre Johnson too. Colts are killing it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12456228/sam-bradford-st-louis-rams-traded-philadelphia-eagles-nick-foles

Now, there goes the Frank Gore money. Maclin could be ours.

Foles makes 1.7 and Bradford makes 16.6.

Read this elsewhere (the thread was in reference to cap hits more than QBs, I think):

I wonder if Philly started this off with a phone call to the Rams

Chip- "Hi, would you consider Foles for Bradford?"

Rams - (laughter in background) "and?"

Chip - "We'll throw in a 6th round pick."

Rams - (Damn, I though he wanted a pick from us) "I'm not sure about a 6th, you got something else?" Tells assistant to get paperwork done as fast as he can, like right freaking now...

Chip - "I think that's about it."

Rams - "Well, alright, but remember that you owe us since you're winning this one." (winks to assistant)

Archived