kc going after Revis island

Guest simtex

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 10m10 minutes ago
Who else is fighting to get into mix for Darrelle Revis besides #Jets and #Patriots? #Browns, #Raiders, and #Chiefs (Bob Sutton connection)

Warpaint Illustrated@ChiefsInsider

Darrell Revis rumblings and the #Chiefs appear to be real but lure and money from #Jets might be too much to overcome for KC!

@ChiefsInsider We will be legit title contenders with Revis. Jets still need a bunch of pieces. Question is, is he happy with one ring?

If I were him, between those teams, I'd go:

Patriots (Ring)

Chiefs (Next best team of these five, IMO)

Jets (Defense and familiar team, in division)

Oakland (Might be better than Jets, but I'd want to go NFL home)

Browns (No explanation needed)

I like Revis but I don't get it??? Our pass defense was outstanding last year. Phillip Gaines needs to start. I wonder if this isn't a strategy to get Sean Smith locked up now? I wonder if they offered him a new contract and are just throwing this Revis thing out there as leverage?

Something NFL films analyst Greg Cosell said the other day that I find both credible and fascinating. Regarding these high priced free agents and why so many of them fail...First of all, he talked about the culture of a franchise. How if a culture is bad (think Cleveland, Oakland, Miami) then it can have a profound affect on a player coming in. Could explain why Revis struggled in Tampa but rebuilt his career in New England. The second thing he talked about was the importance of units playing together. You need individuals to have skill but its just as important for the unit (Oline, DBs)...to work in unison. A good working unit, devoid of superstars, can still be highly effective. Add in a superstar though and you have an elite group.

Archived