Stephenson Suspended

NFL suspended Chiefs RT Donald Stephenson four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing drugs.

Stephenson was a below-average starter to begin with, but it's still a big hit to an already shaky Kansas City line. LT Eric Fisher has been pulverized in preseason games after a rough rookie year, while the Chiefs' interior line isn't much better. In Zach Fulton, Kansas City has a sixth-round rookie penned in at right guard. Line-play differential is one reason to support LeSean McCoy over Jamaal Charles as the No. 1 overall pick in 2014 fantasy drafts.

And the hits just keep a rolling.

Geez, if you're going to cheat, shouldn't you at least be good as a result.

PS:  Bil, Chiefs -10 wins is looking better and better all of the time.  Now about that Scotch...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anti spammer

Will the Chiefs bring him back when he is able to return? I think so, but what he did (taking someone else's prescription meds without notifying the team doctor) is beyond the pale of understanding. 

Guest anti spammer

Will the Chiefs bring him back when he is able to return? I think so, but what he did (taking someone else's prescription meds without notifying the team doctor) is beyond the pale of understanding. 

Quoting Donald Stephenson, "I'm extremely sorry that I failed to check with the NFL, NFLPA, or Chiefs medical team before I took a medication that requires a therapeutic use exemption,"

Therapeutic use exemption? http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/11/27/adderall-in-pro-sports/1730431/  This probably is not it, but could be. This is an example of what kind of medicine has been banned by the NFL, and is a current problem for players. 

Archived