Has Something Like This Ever Happen to You?

Gregory officially learned of his failed test about two weeks ago, during a phone call with his father. Believing he had received a letter from the NFL inviting him to attend the draft, Gregory asked his father to open the envelope. It wasn't a draft invitation.

"It said I failed a drug test," he said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481581/article/randy-gregory-i-blame-myself-for-failed-nfl-combine-drug-test?campaign=twitter_atn

--------------------------------------------

No, when I say "something like this," I don't mean lose potentially millions on something stupid you did. I mean the expecting something great and bam!

This is almost the identical scenario that took place when Justin Houston was given a letter from the league. Four years ago I had Houston as a top ten player. Alden Smith, whose stats paled in comparison at the Indy combine, went # 7. Looking at the films back then it was clear to me Houston was at least as good, and probably better, despite being flipped from position to position. Justin Houston was not drafted in the top ten. He wasn't drafted in the first round either. Houston was finally snagged at #70... 

Alden Smith's first contract was 4 years $14.4 M

Justin Houston's first contract was 4 years $2.78 M

This is almost the identical scenario that took place when Justin Houston was given a letter from the league. Four years ago I had Houston as a top ten player. Alden Smith, whose stats paled in comparison at the Indy combine, went # 7. Looking at the films back then it was clear to me Houston was at least as good, and probably better, despite being flipped from position to position. Justin Houston was not drafted in the top ten. He wasn't drafted in the first round either. Houston was finally snagged at #70...

Alden Smith's first contract was 4 years $14.4 M

Justin Houston's first contract was 4 years $2.78 M

You were the only one in the nation that had him rated that high. He was a fringe first rounder even before he pissed dirty.

You were the only one in the nation that had him rated that high. He was a fringe first rounder even before he pissed dirty.

I had houston going mid first.. Didnt think we would have a shot at him, and was pissed off because we didnt take him until we did get him,

Archived