DRUG TEST FAILED!!!!!!!

He should go in the top ten. Gregory is one of the top three. We don't know what will happen. I had Justin Houston rated above Alden Smith. Houston's stats at the combine were better than Smith's. Alden Smith went #7 and Justin Houston went #70. It would be nice if this all repeated itself. 

By the way, Alden Smith's first contract was for 4 years and $14.4 M, while Houston was paid $2.78M over his first four years. 

So he failed 3 times within a year?  That has got to concern people.

I got the boot from Daniel Jeremiah immediately after I brought all this up. He did not block me, but he made it so his posts do not pop up on my twitter account. I have no idea why this was done. It was very odd. 

It was probably a mistake, and perhaps just circumstantial. However, it did seem odd. Some people have soft skin, and when you add something intelligent that they did not break... they get pissed off. I guarantee you it was not personal on my part. Still in a quandary, but in the end... he didn't bring much to the table, 

I was listening to Atlanta sports radio today. Every single person who called in said they hope the Falcons take him if he falls to them. The perception of weed has changed and he won't make it out of the top 10. It's going to be legal everywhere in the next decade. 

He should go in the top ten. Gregory is one of the top three. We don't know what will happen. I had Justin Houston rated above Alden Smith. Houston's stats at the combine were better than Smith's. Alden Smith went #7 and Justin Houston went #70. It would be nice if this all repeated itself.

By the way, Alden Smith's first contract was for 4 years and $14.4 M, while Houston was paid $2.78M over his first four years.

and this is why nobody pays you to rate players. 8)

yes aldon is a head case but based on ability he was a much better prospect than houston. The sack numbers before smith went off the deep end back that up.

Smith was the fastest player in nfl history to 30 sacks, and had 33.5 his first 2 years, despite not starting his rookie year.

Houston had 15.5 in that same timeframe.

Just saying...

yes aldon is a head case but based on ability he was a much better prospect than houston. The sack numbers before smith went off the deep end back that up.

Smith was the fastest player in nfl history to 30 sacks, and had 33.5 his first 2 years, despite not starting his rookie year.

Just saying...

Houston also stops the run and is good in coverage.

Just sayin

No one would say shit if it were a beer test or if he cracked a beer 3 times a week.

True, but if one knew that he'd get suspended for opening a door with his right hand, I'd be concerned if he repeatedly opened doors with his right hand. It doesn't matter the offense, it's will you get in trouble doing it and if so, will you do it. I get taking risks in someone that talented and mentoring, but the reasonableness of the rule has zero effect on whether the risk is worth it. Now, the rule going away would be a factor or ability to avoid testing (impossible but technically would work if possible) or to coach him to quit would be mitigators.

I got the boot from Daniel Jeremiah immediately after I brought all this up. He did not block me, but he made it so his posts do not pop up on my twitter account. I have no idea why this was done. It was very odd.

It was probably a mistake, and perhaps just circumstantial. However, it did seem odd. Some people have soft skin, and when you add something intelligent that they did not break... they get pissed off. I guarantee you it was not personal on my part. Still in a quandary, but in the end... he didn't bring much to the table,

That is odd. Thin skin.

Just saying...

Yes, I smell what the Rock is ... whatever the heck that slogan goes... Aldon Smith is a beast. Houston was just as good of a prospect. Houston has proved to be a better all around player, IMHO. 

Aldon Smith started out better. Justin Houston had to adapt to his position. Head to head, I would take Houston over Smith. If you look at how much Houston lifted compared to Smith, and look at the rest of the combine results, it was clear to me Houston was the better athlete. I don't think I missed it by far if I did place Houston on par or slightly above Aldon Smith. Now that Aldon has had his problems, the choice between the two is even more evident. Houston made a mistake, and it cost him dearly. He has been a model player in the NFL both on and off the field. Not so much for Aldon Smith. 

Aldon Smith career stats: 116 combined tackles, 44 sacks, and 1 INT

Justin Houston career stats: 235 combined tackles, 48.5 sacks, and 1 INT

Yes, on just about every single level, I would take Justin Houston over Aldon Smith. BANG! Where is your argument now? SMACK DOWN!

Yes, I smell what the Rock is ... whatever the heck that slogan goes... Aldon Smith is a beast. Houston was just as good of a prospect. Houston has proved to be a better all around player, IMHO. 

Aldon Smith started out better. Justin Houston had to adapt to his position. Head to head, I would take Houston over Smith. If you look at how much Houston lifted compared to Smith, and look at the rest of the combine results, it was clear to me Houston was the better athlete. I don't think I missed it by far if I did place Houston on par or slightly above Aldon Smith. Now that Aldon has had his problems, the choice between the two is even more evident. Houston made a mistake, and it cost him dearly. He has been a model player in the NFL both on and off the field. Not so much for Aldon Smith. 

Yes, on just about every single level, I would take Justin Houston over Aldon Smith. BANG! Where is your argument now? SMACK DOWN!

Per game? Or is staying on the field (injuries, off-field stupid shit) taken into account?

Per game? Or is staying on the field (injuries, off-field stupid shit) taken into account?

It all counts. If a player is frequently injured or cannot play due to off-field issues, it still affects the team. However, yes, Houston has played 9 more games over his career.

If you were to extrapolate Aldon Smith's numbers to 59 games he would have a few more sacks than Justin Houston to date.

Aldon Smith sacks (extrapulated)                     Justin Houston actual sacks

52  "    "   "  "  "  "  "  "                              "               "  48.5

Aldon Smith tackles combined (extrapulated)  Justin Houston actual combined tackles

179   "  "  "   "    "     "       "       "     "    "   "     "      "   "  235

So, lets get this straight. Even if we assumed Aldon Smith could have continued his current pace for those games missed, he would have had only 3.5 more sacks, and 56 fewer combined tackles.

Aldon Smith had 9 more sacks his rookie season, but 19 fewer combined tackles. Since their rookie seasons, Houston has had almost exactly as many sacks per game. Houston has had more combined tackles both during his rookie season, and thereafter per game.

Aldon smith was a full time starter only 1 year out of those 4. I'm talking about comparing prospects then, not where they're at right now. also remember about half of Houston's sacks came this year, when smith hardly played at all.

If aldon wasn't a head case, and he did not give indications of that in college, he would have eclipsed Houston's sack numbers by quite a bit.

Aldon smith was a full time starter only 1 year out of those 4. I'm talking about comparing prospects then, not where they're at right now. also remember about half of Houston's sacks came this year, when smith hardly played at all.

If aldon wasn't a head case, and he did not give indications of that in college, he would have eclipsed Houston's sack numbers by quite a bit.

You got me. I guess that proves Aldon Smith is much more valuable to his team than Justin Smith is to our team. You got me.

Archived