If Not Now...When?

It is year three of Andy Reid's tenure. We have had two back to back winning seasons which is nice. First time a coach has done that since Marty. This year I am just expecting the Chiefs to really step up. Am I alone here? 9-7 won't cut it this year. Missing the playoffs again won't cut it. To me...anything short of the playoffs and at least 1 playoff win in 2015 will be failure. 

Who else feels that way? IT'S TIME!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is year three of Andy Reid's tenure. We have had two back to back winning seasons which is nice. First time a coach has done that since Marty. This year I am just expecting the Chiefs to really step up. Am I alone here? 9-7 won't cut it this year. Missing the playoffs again won't cut it. To me...anything short of the playoffs and at least 1 playoff win in 2015 will be failure. 

Who else feels that way? IT'S TIME!!

Yes, I expect a playoff win and I think it will happen. IT IS TIME. Every year Reid has met my expectations. I think it will happen. 

First of all, I am damn glad to watch winning football again. I am gld that my team can beat anyone. I am damn glad to see good defensive play again.

I don't know quite yet about this year. We could see a lot of rookies starting which would be great for the future, but bad for this year.

I have to guess, 11-5 and win the division. I am cool with a wild card. Disappointed with 9-7.

• 1 month later...

It's up to the Chiefs to win it, not count on the decline of other teams.  That being said, I think the Chiefs' chances depend on which Manning shows up.  If it's the one who finished last season, the Donks are in trouble.  If Manning plays like his prime, they will be hard to overtake.  

Different window under Reid and Dorsey...

This team is being built for the long haul.

They are drafting well, building the roster from the bottom up and minimizing free agent spending.....

I liken this team to the early days of Peterson and Marty.....not the end of the  Marty ERA  when we were bringing in all sorts of half assed vets to find a way to get over the top....

w

Big pressure on Alex this year. He's got new toys with speed to burn. If he doesn't get the ball to them, the passing ineptitude falls squarely on him.

If he can produce, KC will be an elite team with 12+ wins. If not, we'll be on the bubble and will need to get a new QB in 2016.

Say it wit me S L O W L Y........West.

TOGETHER NOW

MANNING HAS BEATEN US 19 OF 20 TIMES. TO BE A CONTENDER WE HAVE TO BEAT MANNING. RIGHT NOW MANNING MEANS TWO LOSSES A YEAR FOR US.

DOES ANYONE ON THIS BOARD WHAT WE GOTO D O TO IMPROVE? ITS SIMPLEM. BEAT MANNING. BEAT MANNING. BEAT MANNING. UNTIL WE DO we wre just pretenders.

Wilkie,

Dude, have a snickers bar, you are typing like Roseanne Barr....

Its about the Chiefs and "their window"  not the Bronco's and their window.

If the Chiefs beat Manning 2x and still lose to the Raiders 2x your point is moot.

w

Big pressure on Alex this year. He's got new toys with speed to burn. If he doesn't get the ball to them, the passing ineptitude falls squarely on him.

If he can produce, KC will be an elite team with 12+ wins. If not, we'll be on the bubble and will need to get a new QB in 2016.

Stay healthy and I think he'll produce (7.5 YPA and over 65% completion percentage, good TD% and low INT% - though a bit higher). This is his best opportunity in his career and while I don't want to pin it all on oline, I thought last year was his best opportunity until Allen got hurt, Stephenson suspended, and Bowe suspended, too.

Archived