RSH Mock 1.0

Will give you some thoughts tomorrow after work. I'd say it looks like you've been trolling my mocks. :P 

I got a sleeper ILB for you to ponder at one point in the future. Anyhow, gotta get my rear-end to bed.

I like picks 2-4 and I really like Mason. However, I'm not sure Peters even goes in the first. He's got serious attitude problems. You should watch an interview. He's an arrogant prick  and the next Thomas Jones is going to kick his ass in the locker room. He's also not very smart. When I saw him interviewed, I did not know he was kicked off of Washington and I formed this opinion.... It's that obvious.

I like picks 2-4 and I really like Mason. However, I'm not sure Peters even goes in the first. He's got serious attitude problems. You should watch an interview. He's an arrogant prick and the next Thomas Jones is going to kick his ass in the locker room. He's also not very smart. When I saw him interviewed, I did not know he was kicked off of Washington and I formed this opinion.... It's that obvious.

I've watched him speak on numerous occasions and if you think he's "not very smart" then I wonder what you think of guys like Jamaal Charles. Arrogant? Sure. So is the majority of the league. Check that - so is the majority of my flag football league.

The pick comes down to whether or not you 1) trust our coaching and 2) trust our locker room leadership.

Peters is remarkably gifted. Don't let an interview you saw on YouTube cloud your judgment.

You lost me when you compared Henry anderson to justin smith. Have you seen justin smith? I have. There's a reason his nickname is godzilla.

Also in the first round... just... no.

READ IT AGAIN.

I've watched him speak on numerous occasions and if you think he's "not very smart" then I wonder what you think of guys like Jamaal Charles. Arrogant? Sure. So is the majority of the league. Check that - so is the majority of my flag football league.

The pick comes down to whether or not you 1) trust our coaching and 2) trust our locker room leadership.

Peters is remarkably gifted. Don't let an interview you saw on YouTube cloud your judgment.

It wasn't on You Tube. It was on Path to the Draft a couple of weeks ago. I understand you want your corners to be a little cocky but, this is different.  You can think what you want to. I think he's an asshole and I don't want him. Dorsey and Reid will do what they want.

However, if we are going to take a risk, let's take it on someone who should be in the Top 10 like DGB or Gurley -  Not on this asshole.

I'm glad you took the effort to put together a mock draft with a lot of thought and effort. That was nice. The mock sucks, but it was nice you tried anyway.

I'm glad you commented upon a mock draft without a lot of thought or effort. That was correct. The critique was right, but it wasn't nice of you anyway.

Just kidding. I would never do a draft mockup because I'd have no idea beyond OL, WR, and in certain drafts or rounds, a QB. Position groups, not specific positions or players.

I've never offered a mock draft. Don't know if I could handle the criticism. Besides...beyond the first round it gets to be pretty much a roll of the dice. A lot of mocks will hit on 1 or 2 players but I'm guessing they miss on more than they get right. 

That having been said...I am not afraid to comment on other's mock drafts. :) This one is okay. Like several of the mid round picks but will concur regarding most who have said they don't like Peters in Round 1. Would rather have Flowers or Collins to be honest. 

READ IT AGAIN.

More justin smith than keisel. I get it. I understand you're not saying he's justin smith, I just don't think there's much of a comparison between their games. I appreciate the effort though and nice writeup b/b. also not saying I don't like the players other than the first pick.

Frankly I like the CB out of Florida State better if we want someone who's confident as a corner. He covers just as well as any of the top 4 and better than the lsu corner.

Alright bud, I got my comments for you...

18. CB Marcus Peters
This is the best cornerback talent in the draft in my opinion but Kevin Johnson is very complete and Waynes is pretty good too.  Drafting guys isn't just about talent though. I don't have DGB on my board as a guy I'd take a chance on in the first two rounds because of character. Josh Shaw, same thing. Peters is a guy I'm having a hard time with as well. I think he's got some significant emotional issues. You have a guy that has repeatedly been involved in altercations with coaches, and that I can't stomach. They all "get it" when they have to atone for their actions when the draft comes about. I see a guy that could be outstanding but I just don't know about the issues. Players gotta play, coaches gotta coach. When that line gets crossed, I have a problem with it. One thing I do understand is that you can't have a team full of girl scouts. My problem is, you have to have players that don't consider themselves above the team. Peters, so far, has proven that he thinks of himself before the team.
49. OT Donovan Smith
I've had Donovan Smith in alot of mocks, but I just can't take him this high. He's got some great tools to work with. I haven't decided if those tools are good enough for him to make it at tackle in the league though. I think consistency is lacking too much for me to spend a pick on him where I'm looking at getting an immediate starter/significant contributor. I'd feel good about him in round 3. I think you have to worry about whether or not he has enough foot quickness to man the right side, which he probably does. You then have to teach him a ton of technique, some of which I don't know if he'll get or not. You got knee bend, his lunging issues, and his hands that all need big time work. He might be a rock inside at guard. I think you have to take a shot he's a right tackle for you and then move him from there if need be.
80. LB Denzel Perryman
Perryman is a great player with a great disadvantage going to the pros. He's Zach Thomas or London Fletcher small and there are but a few of those types that have made it successfully in the NFL. Perryman has the skills that could translate into the type of players Thomas and Fletcher were in this league and he's easily in the top 3 inside linebackers in this draft class. I haven't posted my final top 10 by position yet, but I am looking at Eric Kendricks, Stephone Anthony, and Perryman as my top 3 right now. If he's there this late, Perryman will be a great pick.
98. DE Henry Anderson
I love Henry Andeson, and he's been in most of my mocks. He's a guy I can really see as a legit defender in a 3-4 within a couple years. He needs to develop better strength, functional core strength. He has great length, prototypical in the mould of JJ Watt. He lacks that same explosion though, but the tools are there. He plays the run and can pressure the QB. I can say he will be in my final mock of the year when all is said and done.
118. WR Tony Lippett
Lippett is a guy I struggle to like, but at the same time there are things there that pique my interest. Lippett is a guy I don't see being able to gain adequate separation against NFL corners. He's not real quick and he's nowhere close to fast. He's frail. I'll say he's savvy getting open against zone coverage. I think he has to be an off guy, X or Slot, he'll get lambasted by press. He's got some good hands. He needs to become a more polished router runner, he has to be crisper because he isn't quick enough not to be. He's one of those guys you have concerns about holding up inside in the NFL. Can he consistently take the hits in the middle of the field where a guy with his physical skill set would likely need to make a living? He's a tough scout for me and I'd probably pass, but he's a guy I could easily see proving me wrong.
172. OL Shaq Mason
I like Mason a bunch, he's a great blocker. The problem is I don't like his size and that's where I think you see having to move him inside to center like KC did with Rodney Hudson. I don't see him as good as I did Hudson coming out, but he's a solid mid round type. I'm not sure he's here at the end round 5 though.
173. WR Antwan Goodley
This is a guy getting very little love by national "scouting services," and is very underrated in my opinion. Goodley is a realy solid receiver that looks like he can be a very nice slot guy in the NFL. He can get deep. He's thickly built, not some little frail guy that you see alot. He's like a running back with the ball in his hands and that isn't a  bad thing. I think this kid goes earllier than pundits have him rated.  
192. CB Bobby McCain
I absolutely love this kid. As far as a draft prospect goes, he's about as prototype as it gets for a nickel cornerback. He's tough, fiery, he's a playmaker, great tackler and has outstanding short-area quickness.
217. TE Gerald Christian
I really like Casey Pierce a little sooner much more than I like Christian but I wouldn't be upset by the pick. Christian is a guy to me that needs 1 or 2 years on a practice squad. He needs to learn better blocking technique and he needs to learn to run routes in the NFL. He isn't a lost cause, more like a blank slate. Christian has some solid tools to work with that could be worth it, but he isn't going to be NFL ready; he's at least a year from being a contributor in my mind.
233. DB Tra'Mayne Bondourant
I have to admit, Bondourant hasn't really been on my radar, but maybe he should be. He's a good little player in his role and its a role the Chiefs employ often. I'm not in the habit of dissing 7th round picks anyhow. I do not mind this guy.

I'm glad you commented upon a mock draft without a lot of thought or effort. That was correct. The critique was right, but it wasn't nice of you anyway.

Just kidding. I would never do a draft mockup because I'd have no idea beyond OL, WR, and in certain drafts or rounds, a QB. Position groups, not specific positions or players.

Yeah, I was curt. That is not my norm. 

172. OL Shaq Mason

I like Mason a bunch, he's a great blocker. The problem is I don't like his size and that's where I think you see having to move him inside to center like KC did with Rodney Hudson. I don't see him as good as I did Hudson coming out, but he's a solid mid round type. I'm not sure he's here at the end round 5 though.

You guys know Mason has center written all over him right? He was named after two of the greatest centers ever. His full name is Shaquille Olajuwon Mason. I shit you not.  :D 

Thanks for all your thoughts, Crow. Truly appreciate the input. I'm actually teetering a bit when it comes to OL selections... not sure they're gonna go in that direction at all. It's pretty crowded already. I'm tempted to try out a mock without any picks on the OL and see how it looks.

Archived