Philip Rivers to become a Chief?

SAN DIEGO UNION (AP)   A story late Wednesday night circulating in San Diego that 8 year professional quarterback Philip Rivers is about to be traded to one of its division rivals,  the Kansas City Chiefs.   Rivers who holds the single season passing records for most yardage at North Carolina State is coming off his best year as a Charger.  In 2014 Rivers passed for 4286 yards and 31 Touchdowns and earned a 93.8 quarterback rating as third best in American Football Conference.   The price tag for Rivers is a steep one and that may be the sticking point in the transaction.   The San Diego Union reports late tonight that Chargers are asking for Kansas City's first round draft choice in the 2015 draft,  Justin Houston,   Alex Smith and the second round draft choice of the Chiefs in 2016.   In essence it translates into two high draft picks,  an all pro linebacker just coming into his best years,  and an experienced quarterback.  

Charger owner Alex Spanos stated on KXTZ television in San Diego that indeed there is a deal pending that would send Rivers to Kansas City but the final details have yet to be worked out.

Spanos stated,  "Philip Rivers is an outstanding talent and has served the San Diego Chargers well during his tenure in our city.    He is a seasoned professional with years of great football ahead of him.  But we can obtain an incredible value with the offer tendered to us by Kansas City.   It would have been a quid pro quo if only wilkie hadn't made the whole thing up for April fools day.

LOL, you just about got me. I was expecting you to do one earlier but, I got pretty far into your article before I figured it out. Nice job Wilkie. 

On a serious note, I hope Tennessee trades for Rivers. I would love to be rid of him and Mariotta is going to suck.

SAN DIEGO UNION (AP)   A story late Wednesday night circulating in San Diego that 8 year professional quarterback Philip Rivers is about to be traded to one of its division rivals,  the Kansas City Chiefs.   Rivers who holds the single season passing records for most yardage at North Carolina State is coming off his best year as a Charger.  In 2014 Rivers passed for 4286 yards and 31 Touchdowns and earned a 93.8 quarterback rating as third best in American Football Conference.   The price tag for Rivers is a steep one and that may be the sticking point in the transaction.   The San Diego Union reports late tonight that Chargers are asking for Kansas City's first round draft choice in the 2015 draft,  Justin Houston,   Alex Smith and the second round draft choice of the Chiefs in 2016.   In essence it translates into two high draft picks,  an all pro linebacker just coming into his best years,  and an experienced quarterback.  

Charger owner Alex Spanos stated on KXTZ television in San Diego that indeed there is a deal pending that would send Rivers to Kansas City but the final details have yet to be worked out.

Spanos stated,  "Philip Rivers is an outstanding talent and has served the San Diego Chargers well during his tenure in our city.    He is a seasoned professional with years of great football ahead of him.  But we can obtain an incredible value with the offer tendered to us by Kansas City.   It would have been a quid pro quo if only wilkie hadn't made the whole thing up for April fools day.

I sniffed out the April Fools joke at "Kansas...". I opened this thread loaded for bear, only to find it was in fact a fabrication. I got all the way until 10:00 p.m. before someone tried to pull one of these on me. Go figure.

My "Oh, no!!" moment only lasted about half a second until I saw who posted the thread, then I knew it was Wilkie's annual attempt. Newcomers might have been sucked in by the well-disguised verbiage, but the suggested compensation for Phyllis put it over the top at that point. Nice attempt, though, Wilkie...for a lawyer.  ;-)

Wilkie is slipping with the April Fools jokes. Time to gear up for 2016 Wilkie, this one was terrible. :)

He should report real news that no one will believe because of the day and when people say they know the joke, say April Fools, it's real bitch! Well, maybe not the last part.

I told my sister when I was a kid that April Fools was the whole month, so she waited to another day to pull a joke. I told her right before midnight, April Fools because I didn't want to fall victim the next day.

It also turned into we could say anything we wanted followed by an April Fools. You're ugly! April Fools. If I didn't say it afterwards, that was the April Fools.

Archived