Phone Call from Jeff Fisher........

Looks like they may hitch their wagon to Hill.  1999 part 2??

But ya never know.  

The difference is that Kurt Warner was unknown.  Sean Hill is a career backup.    

The defense in STL looks to be stout.  The OL is in progress.  The running game might be good.  Love Tre Mason with an underrated Zac Stacy.  

Fisher might think he can pull it off with Hill.  I think he's mistaken. He's not coming calling to KC for a starter.  If he calls for Chase Daniel, he's looking for a backup QB.  If that's the case, why call at all?  He can find an adequate backup for free in a week or so.

The difference is that Kurt Warner was unknown.  Sean Hill is a career backup.    

The defense in STL looks to be stout.  The OL is in progress.  The running game might be good.  Love Tre Mason with an underrated Zac Stacy.  

Fisher might think he can pull it off with Hill.  I think he's mistaken. He's not coming calling to KC for a starter.  If he calls for Chase Daniel, he's looking for a backup QB.  If that's the case, why call at all?  He can find an adequate backup for free in a week or so.

I watched Shaun Hill a bit with my uncle, a Niners fan. He's good enough to be one of the best career backups out there, in my opinion. Not physically speaking, as one of his receivers made the excuse for a dropped pass by telling the coach the ball came down like a punt. He doesn't have the arm or the legs, but he was very prepared when he came in and played well for the situation on multiple occasions. Daniel has only done it once. So yes, why would Fisher trade something of value for a less experienced QB who he doesn't know will perform alright for this season when the age (27 vs. 34) isn't relevant (Hill nor Daniel would be future considerations, IMO)? Plus, Hill has been with them all off-season. Daniel would be moving in now.

Nobody will trade much for either

Agree...why would anyone give up anything of value for Tyler Bray. He didn't get drafted in the first place and his game play has been mixed at best (in preseason mind you...against backups). Nobody is looking at him and going, "get Dorsey on the phone...we gotta get that kid". Nobody.

Archived