Prospects You Don't Like and Why

Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami

I'm just going to focus on the run game and in space for the most part because that's where I think he's weakest. I think he's a pretty good pass blocker.

He doesn't have the killer instinct. He doesn't seem to like run blocking. He's not a mauler. His man RARELY goes backwards when it's a running play. He's a finesse player. He's soft, he's lazy,  and is weak in the running game. He gets lost in space all the time and he doesn't finish plays. He gets lost more than anyone I have scouted that was supposed to go top 20. He's slower than Christmas and he is not perceptive. He doesn't have good football awareness. Often times he doesn't find his block in the run game. He excels in pass blocking when the rusher comes to him but, he can't find him when run blocking much of the time.  Below are some "lowlights" if you will....

Marks VS. Nebraska

1. 1:20

2. 2:04

3. 3:58

4. 6:40

5. 7:03

6. 9:03

7. 9:21

Marks VS. Georgia Tech

1. 3:15

2. 4:19

Note that they hardly ran the ball against Tech.

More Coming on Flowers....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marks VS. South Carolina

1. 1:01

2. 3:02

3. 3:38

4. 5:46

5. 7:19

6. 7:27

7. 8:39

8. 9:11

9. 9:28

10. 9:58

11. 10:11

12. 10:26

13. 10:46

14. 10:54

15. 11:38

I'll try to do Devante Parker tomorrow... 

I didn't like the Poe pick. Couldn't believe how stupid RAC/Pioli could of been. Now it could be argued another pick would of been more productive  but he is no bust by any stretch.

I'll save the evaluation to those who know what they are talking about & get paid good $$ to do so.

I didn't like the Poe pick. Couldn't believe how stupid RAC/Pioli could of been. Now it could be argued another pick would of been more productive  but he is no bust by any stretch.

I'll save the evaluation to those who know what they are talking about & get paid good $$ to do so.

I miss on guys every year. We all do but, this is a hobby for some of us. Sometimes we hit home runs too. It's just for fun man. I don't take myself seriously.

I loved guys like Glen Dorsey and Dwayne Jarrett. I also loved Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman. You never really know.

I miss on guys every year. We all do but, this is a hobby for some of us. Sometimes we hit home runs too. It's just for fun man. I don't take myself seriously.

I loved guys like Glen Dorsey and Dwayne Jarrett. I also loved Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman. You never really know.

I understand what your saying Mugs. I enjoy reading people's Mocks and the majority of the time I have no idea who they ( the picks) are..I guess my point was that regardless of who the pick is I wont react much. I may scratch my head but thats about it. Seems to me that Flowers guy was an almost a no brainer until your analysis. Lots think he might be it.

What about 3:39, that's a downfield mauler IMO.

Not sure which game you are talking about? Against Nebraska and Georgia Tech he looks fundamentally sound at 3:39. Against South Carolina at 3:39 he looks lost. I don't see a mauler in any of those. IMO, there is as much bad as good in the running game and space with Flowers. 

I don't like Mugsy as a prospect. He's a terrible talent evaluator and overall douchebag that keeps coming around for no known reason except to irritate the masses and waste taxpayer money.

:D

Hehehehehe... alright kidding aside...

Here's a few to wrap your head around.

1. Dorial Green-Beckham

Too much baggage takes him off my board to begin with. Two arrests for marijuana. Alleged domestic violence. Dismissal from team. Even with that he isn't the pure athlete people make him out to be. He's sloppy as a route runner. He basket catches the ball constantly, something NFL DBs would love to see. He's not going to consistently burn NFL DBs deep, so he's going to have to learn to be physical and make it the hard way. Read that as, he isn't even close to Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson fast, even though people somehow try to make that connection and its unwarranted and proven. I'm having a hard time projecting this kid as a pick I'd make. Maybe, in the 3rd round, I'd take a flier on the kid. Round 1 or even round 2, not a chance. There are too many other good receivers in this class without the problems.

2. Brett Hundley - QB - UCLA

This guy is so freakin' overrated it makes my head spin. I don't know what anyone sees with this guy? He can't read a defense, he makes bad decisions, he's just bad at most everything. Ugh.

3. Sean Mannion - QB - Oregon State

Just flat out collapses under pressure. He won't survive in the NFL. Would not draft.

4. Byron Jones - CB - UConn

Really overrated on measurables. Not that good in coverage, not at all good tackling. Do not like.

5. PJ Williams CB - Florida State

See above

6. Sammie Coates - WR - Auburn

Can't catch a cold.

7. Landon Collins - SS - Alabama

Can't cover.

8. Ben Heeney - ILB - Kansas

Misses way too many tackles, soft.

9. Arik Armstead - DE - Oregon

Soft, non-impact, not much penetration. Doesn't produce sacks. Very lateral player at best.

10. Gerod Holliman - FS - Louisville

Can't tackle anything, too reckless, undisciplined.

unfortunately Crow that what was said about Randy Moss

Not quite, but close I'll say that. First, Moss got into a fight in high school which he plead guilty to after finishing high school. It was a misdemeanor and he was sentenced like an adult, getting some jail time and probation. He got caught with weed while on probation his first year at FSU and violated his probation. That was it for his crimes in college, or at least national radar type of stuff. Moss transferred to Marshall and subsequently lit up the college ranks like nothing we've really seen. You're talking over 170 catches, over 3500 yards,  and over 50 TDs in only two seasons. He is the most athletically gifted WR we have ever seen with a 4.25 40 and a confirmed 47" vertical, with some reports he's jumped over 50".  

While the criminal situation is similar, Moss' isn't quite as troubling. Yes, we know what happened in the NFL with Moss, but as of their respective drafts, Moss didn't hit or push a woman and he only had one weed infraction. The only reason Green-Beckham didn't get in more shit for the domestic issue is that the female wouldn't cooperate with authorities. If he were here in Michigan, his ass would be in jail anyhow because they prosecute with or without that cooperation.

Add in the fact that Green-Beckham couldn't hold Randy Moss' jock strap athletically, and you have a situation where it doesn't look as good to take that sort of chance. In terms of athletic ability, especially as you see it on the field, DGB is more like Plaxico Burress. He's got first round type talent, but the bonehead shit storm surrounding him in this time where the league is very cautious doesn't look good. I would not take him. I'd let him be someone else's headache. There are far too many exceptional receiving talents in this draft to deal with that shit out of a 1st round pick.

All three Collins' are wayyyyyyyyy overrated. La'el has a cool name at least.

Not especially fond of most of the offensive and defensive linemen, albeit with a few exceptions.

Shane Ray is missing something.

I think Randy Gregory is somewhere between Michael Johnson and Dion Jordan. Not sure if that's a compliment yet.

Phillip Dorsett and Devin Smith seem like one-trick ponies to me. In general, a deep threat doesn't accomplish much with Alex Smith at Quarterback. So, can either of them develop more nuance to their game? Let's just say I don't wanna have to be the guy coaching them.

Rodney Hudson was my dude. I sang his praises the entire draft process and REJOICED when we got him at 55. For some strange reason, it's soured me on Cam Erving. I basically refuse to pay attention to him on tape.

Kevin Johnson is really, really lean. More chippy than physical. I like his game a lot but I worry about his ability to stay healthy at the NFL level.

All three Collins' are wayyyyyyyyy overrated. La'el has a cool name at least.

Not especially fond of most of the offensive and defensive linemen, albeit with a few exceptions.

Shane Ray is missing something.

I think Randy Gregory is somewhere between Michael Johnson and Dion Jordan. Not sure if that's a compliment yet.

Phillip Dorsett and Devin Smith seem like one-trick ponies to me. In general, a deep threat doesn't accomplish much with Alex Smith at Quarterback. So, can either of them develop more nuance to their game? Let's just say I don't wanna have to be the guy coaching them.

Rodney Hudson was my dude. I sang his praises the entire draft process and REJOICED when we got him at 55. For some strange reason, it's soured me on Cam Erving. I basically refuse to pay attention to him on tape.

Kevin Johnson is really, really lean. More chippy than physical. I like his game a lot but I worry about his ability to stay healthy at the NFL level.

I can see that. I think there is a huge drop off after Scherff. However, there still is good talent at 18. Drafting high has benefits and detriments. Definitely, drafting 10 is much worse than drafting 11 in terms of what the team will have to pay out in the final year of the rookie contract. 

The way this draft looks, there is a lot of talent to be found in the back of round 1 all the way to the end of round 3. It is a deep draft, especially in certain positions. That is why I say the Chiefs may be better off to trade back in round one, and pick up an additional pick in round 3. This is easy for me to say, but it takes two to make a deal, and sometimes that deal never takes place. 

Scherff is not without problems, but he is the closest thing to the real deal in the draft for an OL. I think you have to overlook certain aspects of all players' games in the draft. No one is close to being perfect. Even Manning had huge question marks before the draft. A lot of people forget this, but Manning was not particularly good his rookie or sophomore seasons. He was better than what they had, and the team did start to build talent around him. However, he made a lot of mistakes for a good many years. Finally, it took. Manning grew up as a NFL players as do all top quality players. 

La'El Collins was my pick, not because what he is, but what he could become, and what he could do this year as well. I hesitate to say La'El Collins would be good enough at LT or RT or G his rookie season. Fisher is still learning the game, and getting stronger. It usually takes some time before it clicks in the NFL, especially at the OL position. 

Outside of Scherff, La'El Collins seems to me to be the player most ready with the biggest potential. Potential players are only good if they are good enough to stay in the league until they figure it out. I like Clemmings' potential best of all, but he is just too raw right now. I expect he will struggle much more than LaEl Collins, Andrus Peat, or Erick Flowers. Its a crap shoot at best. DJ Humphries may have as big of an upside as any on the offensive line. The trouble with him is he may get your QB killed before he learns how to play.  

Randy Gregory looks to good to fall below the Chiefs, but he just might do that. The kid has it all except a head to put it all together. He has buyer's remorse written all over him. I think the lower he goes in the draft may be the better indicator as whether he will make it in the NFL. Same goes for DGB for me. I think he needs to go in humble, and earn his way. 

I doubt the nfl would care about DGB's off the field behavior if it wasn't for the bad publicity with the ray rice case. Hell, Winston raped a girl, the police tried to cover it up and botched the investigation so badly they couldn't prosecute... and he's going to be the first pick. Guess ray rice needs to rape someone before the nfl starts caring about that.

3:39 in the Nebraska game he gets downfield and mauls the guy, the guy throws people around like a wet rag.

That's a CB. Even if it was a RE, there's still a lot more bleh than good imo. He's a second round back up OT imo. You can't coach desire and aggression at this point. Flowers doesn't have it and never will. 

I don't like Mugsy as a prospect. He's a terrible talent evaluator and overall douchebag that keeps coming around for no known reason except to irritate the masses and waste taxpayer money.

:D

Hehehehehe... alright kidding aside...

LOL, well I suppose that's true. Wasn't trying this time though...

I think you're crazy on DGB. If he came out next year he might go #1 overall. I haven't seen anyone jump like him since Randy Moss. He's a better route runner than Devante Parker for sure. I really think there's a 50% chance we take him at #18. 

Archived