The Beard wanted to come back, the chiefs said no thanks

I like Walford but don't see him making it out of the 2nd.

You could be right. There are some mocks that have him going in the third round. He is NOT better than Kelce, and he was the 63rd pick (3rd round). 

Look at the stats. This crop of TEs are NOT THAT GOOD. 

Guest Paulie

Kelce will be an all pro in 2015, but we need a second guy because we run so many 2te sets. The Beard screwed us last year and deservingly got cut instead of a second chance.

I'm hoping Harris starts to show up but we need to overdraft another tight end IMO

Kelce will be an all pro in 2015, but we need a second guy because we run so many 2te sets. The Beard screwed us last year and deservingly got cut instead of a second chance.

I'm hoping Harris starts to show up but we need to overdraft another tight end IMO

I'm not so sure.  i think that Harris will compete in training camp and be ready.  But its likely we will pick someone up in the later rounds who can be good on special teams his first year.  In a pinch, we could run Charles and Davis together with Davis acting as another receiving target. He can probably block well enough also, but not sure about that.  You never know.  Davis could blossom as a fast, smaller second TE, especially if one of our other RB's can become consistent behind Charles. We saw a glimpse of them last year before all those injuries.  A stronger O-line could make all the difference for one of them.

Archived