God I hope not..He's a 1 trick pony & like Bowe & Baldwin .

just doing due diligence I'm thinking 

I don't see how you could think he's a one trick pony? If Dorsey and Reid believe we can make a Super Bowl run this year, DGB will be the pick imo. He or Gurley could put us over the top and Gurley will be gone. DGB is a top 5 talent. 

maybe they think that maclin can be good mentor for him since they both went to MU and come from the same geographic area

or maybe as someone else said that dorsey is drafting for next year and DGB would get a year under his belt and be better prepared for next year

I don't want him either.   The last Missouri graduate we took in the draft was Jon Asamoah and he is long gone.

Are you thinking of Victor Bailey or Ecruecru?  They didn't last long in the NFL.  I agree that DGB shouldn't be taken in the first round.   

I don't see how you could think he's a one trick pony? If Dorsey and Reid believe we can make a Super Bowl run this year, DGB will be the pick imo. He or Gurley could put us over the top and Gurley will be gone. DGB is a top 5 talent. 

cuz all he does is run down the field and jump over shorter DB's. aint gonna work in the NFL & he's trouble waiting to happen. I ont trust his maturty aka Josh Gordon etc etc etc

JMO  of course.. If he's around in the 3rd go for it. I think the Plowboys will take him at 27 but they still have Dez for another year.

Guest KC Warpaint

what if gurley was there still at 18?

:huh:

what if gurley was there still at 18?

I do not believe KC will take Gurley at 18, but they may use him to create a trade. There are at least three teams behind KC who will likely want him, and KC may be in position to get something out of it. You would expect the Chiefs would be able to get a third round pick for trading back to around 26.. However, they might even do better depending on the demand. 

DGB. I see so called experts mocking DGB all over the place. Some have him going in the first round, but most have him going in the top of the second round. Nelson Agholor, a player I have been boosting, is now being mocked in the first round by some experts as well. Bucky Brooks has KC taking Agholor with their first round selection. Drafttek, a computer modeled mock, has KC taking Cameron Erving in the first round, and DGB with their 2nd pick (49 overall). I have heard some people speculated Erving going to the Chiefs, but to play RT or RG, and not Center. I believe Kush is their man, and bringing in Erving to play Center does not improve the team. If they think of him as a utility guy on the line, then I can see that. However, i wouldn't take him 18 as that would be too early. 

My thoughts on DGB. I don't think he is as troubled as some others, and there is a decent chance he will turn the corner as pro in terms of character. I think he has talent, but his talent does not rise to the level of others who had character flaws, and were worth putting up with. I would not take DGB in the first round. There are others who may be better choices in the second round as well, but I would not question the Chiefs if they decided to pick him with their second selection. 

Is DGB a one trick pony? No, but he is a pretty awful route runner. Plus, if his trick is high pointing passes, then he would be worth taking in the second round just for that reason alone. You can make a pretty good career in this offense playing pass and catch like that. Can NFL teams shut down DGB? Sure, but they would have to leave Macin and Wilson with man on man coverage, and I like those odds. 

Now that the cat is apparently out of the bag, I have to say I was hoping the Chiefs went with Agholor, but it now looks he won't be in a KC uniform unless the Chiefs are willing to move up from their 2nd selection at 49 to somewhere near the first 7 picks in the second. 

Jeremy Macklin = Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson = ?

The Chiefs need to find our Jordy Nelson, Could that be Perriman?

Maclin is potentially much better than Randall Cobb. Perriman is nothing at all like Jordy Nelson. Perriman is much faster, but his hands are much worse. I fail to see anything that is remotely similar about those two players. 

Jordy Nelson 6'3" 217 and Breshad Perriman 6'3" 215.

I got that, and thought that is where you were going. 

I was listed at 6'3", before I shrank an inch, and weigh 230 lbs. I guess that makes me similar to Jordy Nelson. Other than size, they are completely different players. 

Gurley could go as high as 6. His medical says he could be ready sooner than expected. He is moving up fast.

There are two running backs who are good enough to go in the top 15. I think Melvin Gordon is better than Gurley... or at least as good. There are a few others, but they aren't close. Yeldon, Coleman, and Abdullah will likely go in the second round, but the drop off between Gordon or Gurley and the next best is dramatic. 

Dallas, Baltimore, Detroit, and Houston are going to have to get a running back, and there may be a lot of competition, especially if Minnesota goes for a RB before them. 

So... Dorsey says their are only 10-12 impact players in this draft. I'm thinking DGB is one of them. This is going to be interesting. This is a weak class. If we want a really good player, we gotta take a risk. 

Archived