Dontari Poe's 5th year option exercised by Kansas City Chiefs

Poe's option will be roughly $6.1 million for the 2016 season. He is already under contract for the 2015 season but the wrinkle in the 2011 CBA gave teams a fifth year option on first round picks. The Chiefs had until May 3 to exercise and there was little doubt that they would considering Poe is a monster.

There is very little risk in the Chiefs picking up this option. It was a no-brainer because it means they can control his rights through the 2016 season. I imagine Poe's camp (and the Chiefs) will be looking at long-term deal options at some point down the road.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/4/24/8493653/dontari-poes-5th-year-option-exercised-by-kansas-city-chiefs

yep this was a 'no brainer"..have to do this...

thing is... can the chiefs really lock him up long term...

Poe will command a big time contract..he's exceptional..

plus Houston...

that much D money in 2 players?..

once again.. I wanted this pick, and was excited when it was made..... Everybody else was pissed..

He is the best nose tackle in the league..

Houston, I wanted with our first round pick.. I couldnt believe he fell to our third.. but ..... this the fact that he was a first round talent in the third round has led us to the situation we are in today. My comment when he was drafted... He could make us forget about DT.. If he continues to play the way he has.. I am on target

Archived