With the 18th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Kansas City chiefs Select:

Nose Tackle if one of value is there.... then they wont have to pay Poe next year. Dorsey so far is one year a head on need postions

Yea I know its a reach but what the heck?

If Shelton falls to us, I think they run to the podium to take him. However, I don't think it means they get rid of Poe next year by any means. We often run a nickel package that has only two down linemen. You know how awesome that would be with Poe and Shelton? Also, you could rotate him with Poe in other formations and that would be ridiculous. He's the one guy I really think will fall out of the top ten. Guys like Wilfork, Poe, Ngata, and Lotulelei all fell out of the top ten. Plus, there are several 3-4 NTs to be had in the second round. Everyone has Chicago taking Shelton but me. They will take a pass rushing edge guy in my opinion. In the end I doubt he falls all the way to #18 but, I'd love it if he did.

Mugsy,

I do agree about Shelton. If Chicago doesn't take him at 7, I don't really see another team jumping at him until Cleveland at 12. They need to replace Rubin in a bad way.

The thing with Chicago is their presumed edge rushers are Pernell McPhee and Jared Allen. McPhee primarily played with his hand in the dirt as a situational pass rusher at DE/DT for the Ravens. I think, at 281 pounds, he is pretty heavy at OLB and he's kind of light at DE. He needs to go one way or the other with weight for them, but ultimately I think he ends up being an OLB for them. Jared Allen is the odd piece. He's repeatedly stated he really doesn't want to play in a 3-4 defense. What you end up with in McPhee and Allen are two players as edge rushers that can't cover in space. That's a problem, and a big reason the Bears could decide to go edge defender early with a guy like Vic Beasley who has the athleticism to move in space. I'm actually surprised they haven't dumped Allen for a draft pick already.

Archived