Would you, could you, would they? Winston Trade...

I know the odds of this are 10 billion to one, but I had this thought that would allow us to jump to #1 overall and take our QBOTF.  I just want to know if i'm crazy for even thinking it or if it makes sense....

What if we called up the Bucs today and made this offer:

1.  Alex Smith

2.  2015 1st round draft pick at #18

3.  Justin Houston (yes, I know an offer sheet would have to be presented and he would have to sign it)

In theory we are offering them an established QB, which they desperately need, one of the best defensive players in the NFL, who is still young and a proven player, a 1st round draft pick to address another area, and what could be seen as an additional 1st round draft pick with the whole "chiefs waive the two 1st round picks for not matching" deal...

Again...I know this isn't gonna happen....but from a logistics standpoint...would you make that deal if you were either the Chiefs or Bucs GM?  Just curious...

I know the odds of this are 10 billion to one, but I had this thought that would allow us to jump to #1 overall and take our QBOTF.  I just want to know if i'm crazy for even thinking it or if it makes sense....

1.  Alex Smith

3.  Justin Houston (yes, I know an offer sheet would have to be presented and he would have to sign it)

In theory we are offering them an established QB, which they desperately need, one of the best defensive players in the NFL, who is still young and a proven player, a 1st round draft pick to address another area, and what could be seen as an additional 1st round draft pick with the whole "chiefs waive the two 1st round picks for not matching" deal...

Again...I know this isn't gonna happen....but from a logistics standpoint...would you make that deal if you were either the Chiefs or Bucs GM?  Just curious...

You want to trade a top-ten quarterback for a quarterback prospect with character issues and about whom no guarantee can be made that he will catch up to NFL speeds?

No thanks.

Learn from San Francisco's mistake: They traded away Alex Smith one season after narrowly missing the Super Bowl due to special teams gaffes in order to go with a "quarterback of the future". Colin Kaepernick still plays like an undeveloped prospect. They are not expected to compete for a playoff berth in 2016.

Every few years there's a QB prospect that's worth really going for.  Elway, Manning, and even Luck are expamples.  Winston doesn't fit into that group.  There's a good chance he'll be less productive than A. Smith and you've given up a lot for him.  Nope, the Chiefs are a good team now and they need to keep their core players and add to the base.

1.  Alex Smith

I'd give up Houston, #18, Jeff Allen, and Chase Daniel. :)

I'm not high enough on Winston to give up Alex Smith, but Winston looks like a franchise caliber QB if he gets his off field shit together. He'd need to sit behind Smith a couple years learning some things if I were GM.

I think Winston and marriotta both have bust written all over them...

weird how no one talks about the 18 interceptions winston threw last year..

and marriotta has never lead a huddle or took a snap from center...

andy reids system demands smarts and accuracy...don't see it with these guys...

Archived