Not looking good

I'm conditioned from years of abysmal football to relax and watch what the Chiefs do but there's a shitload of new fans who are going to be really disappointed with the 2014 edition of the Chiefs.

My recent prediction of a 6 - 10 season may turn out to be wishful thinking. The Chiefs may have as many as 12 picks next spring. Additionally, they could trade Gray for an additional pick. With Bowe, and Stephenson out, the Chiefs could keep Succop, and Gray on the team for at least one game. Both have value, and could garner a 6th or 7th round pick. Indianapolis needs a running back. Denver probably needs a kicker. The Chiefs should think hard and long before releasing one our kickers, before giving an ample opportunity to execute a trade. 

My recent prediction of a 6 - 10 season may turn out to be wishful thinking. The Chiefs may have as many as 12 picks next spring. Additionally, they could trade Gray for an additional pick. With Bowe, and Stephenson out, the Chiefs could keep Succop, and Gray on the team for at least one game. Both have value, and could garner a 6th or 7th round pick. Indianapolis needs a running back. Denver probably needs a kicker. The Chiefs should think hard and long before releasing one our kickers, before giving an ample opportunity to execute a trade. 

Denver already traded for a kicker to replace Prater for the first 4 games.  They were desperate but still only had to give up a conditional 7th rd. pick.  Keeping 2 kickers in the hope of trading one isn't worth it.  That roster spot should be used for someone who might actually contribute (I don't know who that might be, but it definitely isn't a kicker).

I think Succup is expendable.  He has missed 6 FG's in each of the last 4 seasons.  FG pct is WAY low for his pay IMO. A few of those have definitely cost some games.  Kickoffs could possibly let him keep his job.?.?

There seems to be some dead money to contend with as well.  So not sure how much the new guy can get inked for?

Really, could end up being a wash money wise??

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/ryan-succop/

Kicker salaries for this year.

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/kicker/

Cyrus Gray has no trade value.  The FA market is about to be flooded with a slew of Cyrus Grays that can be had for nothing.  

I've dropped to 6 and 10.   This offensive line is going to sink us.   You can hide some bad play in the secondary and yes you can hide some bad play in the wide receiver corps.   But you cannot do that with the offensive line.   And they have looked terrible in preseason.  

Archived