• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading up on the guy you have to be excited about his passion on the field and then of course worried about his passion on the field. :) I hope he doesn't come into kc all full of himself like Baldwin was and become a locker room problem. Or get flagged all the time for roughing up whoever he's lined up against. I'm just gonna drown my Midwest sensibility and hope that the coaches can keep him in line.

peters and smith.. are an interesting combination.. Houston, Hali, Ford, and Poe have to be smiling... it looks like we will be choosing between a safety, and a WR as the two best available if we stay put.. There is a chance one of the ILBS will fall that far .. but another boom-bust prospect may be to much for the chiefs.. we shall see..

Add in the coverage skills of Gaines, and then Abdullah and Parker at the safety position. Get DJ back. This D will be wicked.

Still need that other ILB, but you are right.  The biggest thing missing from a very good pass defense was a lack of interceptions and Peters should increase that stat.  Some have commented on his run support so I"m excited to TC to begin.

An "A" quality player who could easily become an "F" if he doesn't control his emotions.

And when the Chiefs pick anything below an A player they get blasted as well. Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

If people would do some of their own research they would see that Peterson (UW coach and staff) were some hard asses who came in and wanted to change things midstream. I know this happens in the pros but 18 and 19 year old kids don't play in the NFL.

I believe he will be fine and definitely a position of need, so why not take the best in the draft.

Guest Just a guy

Seems like we reached. I feel sure they fully vetted him and that he's a solid athlete, but no one was talking about him. Seems reasonable he would have been around later. With myriad needs, wish we'd have traded down and gotten an extra pick or two. 

Seems like we reached. I feel sure they fully vetted him and that he's a solid athlete, but no one was talking about him. Seems reasonable he would have been around later. With myriad needs, wish we'd have traded down and gotten an extra pick or two.

How was he a reach? He was slated to go in the middle of the pack and at the latest 22. Also, most of the talking heads have said he was the best corner in the draft.

Remember, you have to two teams to make a deal. Besides without Berry and possibly Smith for awhile the need is DB. With Manning and Rogers in 2 of the first 3 games this will help out immensely.

I don't know much about the guy but it appears the talent is there and DB is a definite position of need.., Its gonna come down to him buying into the coaching and the locker room.., In that respect I think we're really gonna miss Berry..,    If he can't thrive in KC he's not gonna make it anywhere.., If not, it isn't the first time a dipshit primadonna crapped out..,

I think he'll be OK.., I like the pick..,

How was he a reach? He was slated to go in the middle of the pack and at the latest 22. Also, most of the talking heads have said he was the best corner in the draft.

Remember, you have to two teams to make a deal. Besides without Berry and possibly Smith for awhile the need is DB. With Manning and Rogers in 2 of the first 3 games this will help out immensely.

Actually people has him top ten and number 1 corner before all the drama. Hardly a talent reach.

Yep. No reach

Actually people has him top ten and number 1 corner before all the drama. Hardly a talent reach.

I take it all back about the pick, it's the best we could have done. I also spoke w a friend who is a starting qb in the SEC, and he told me this kid is a freak.

I take it all back about the pick, it's the best we could have done. I also spoke w a friend who is a starting qb in the SEC, and he told me this kid is a freak.

Are you sure it's not just cause you finally took your meds?

Also, you have friends?

Boom... roasted.

Peters has 2 kids and is a good dad.

He needs to make a living and the NFL is a great way to do that.

The dude is also training with Marshawn Lynch in Oakland

w

he & Skittles are cousins

• 4 months later...

Had to go back and see what people said about Peters, hmm I wonder if some are rethinking what they initially thought about this kid.

Also read the thread on many talking about Kush being the starter so why waste a pick on Morse.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.  It is always fun to read the dumb stuff we said.  I love the way I believed in Kush and thought Morse was a longer term project.  I believed in Peters, but I am a homer, so no brownie points there. I do think we will eventually look back on what a great pick Ramik Wilson was, too.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.  It is always fun to read the dumb stuff we said.  I love the way I believed in Kush and thought Morse was a longer term project.  I believed in Peters, but I am a homer, so no brownie points there. I do think we will eventually look back on what a great pick Ramik Wilson was, too.

i will admit that i was on the fence about peters since he had gotten the boot from the Huskies Football team

Its a NEEDED pick. The way the NFL is now days 2 corners is not enough, you need 3.  Yes, down the line he will replace Smith, but he's also going to be playing 85 percent of the snaps, maybe even more.

I dont like the way the Chiefs organization has been ran and everyone here knows i talk alot of shit about the Chiefs at times, but this was a great fucking pick.

This statement turned out to be prophetic.  Wow, could we have used 3 corners against the donks.  Fleming doesn't count.

Archived