Looks like Bray may end up on the IR. ;-)

The Kansas City Chiefs started Chase Daniel against the Packers on Thursday before giving way to Tyler Bray who played until about midway through the third quarter. Apparently Bray was dealing with injuries during that time.

Herbie Teope and other reporters on Andy Reid's Friday media conference call say that Reid said Bray was "banged up a little bit" dealing with knee and ankle injuries in Thursday's game. No word on how serious it is or whether it's even serious at all

This is so interesting because everyone has been waiting to find out what the Chiefs will do with their quarterbacks. Most teams keep three quarterbacks but the Chiefs have four with varying levels of promise. While debating the quarterbacks, we knew an injury to one of them -- a serious injury to merit a trip to IR - would basically make their decision for them.

GM John Dorsey will trim the roster from 75 to 53 players on Saturday afternoon. Of there are any players going on IR, they'll be announced then too.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/8/29/6083429/tyler-bray-was-injured-in-the-chiefs-preseason-finale

Works out for the team if that is the case.  Can let them compete one more year.  

This is the perfect solution. If they put Murray on the IR, then he would not be able to get any practice or reps. If they put Bray on IR, he had those reps last year and he knows the offense. Bray likely wasn't going to get any action this year anyway and he will have next off-season to practice. Aren't there two types of IR? One that he can return and the other you can't? Do they have to designate which one's which right now? I would guess so and if so, because he isn't likely to play, we would save the coming back for someone else, wouldn't we?

The NFL is watching that IR stuff. I hope he isn't too badly injured, but I hope it isn't just a game the team is playing. This is not a good deal for Bray in the long run. He cannot stay around the players. Therefore, he will not have the advantage of learning from the coaches. The biggest problem with Bray is between the ears, and this does not help. 

My feeling though, is Bray would have been cut if this did not happen. 

Archived