Chris Conley Highlight Reel

Its worth watching the video....

Speed, Hands, Body Control, Fearless over the Middle....

All in the NFL D League ( SEC) so the competition level is good enough.

I hated this guy when he played for Georgia, I love him as a Chief.

Conley catches the ball.

w

I am a huge Georgia fan and he's a long shot at best. He makes some plays every now again but, there is much more mediocre than good imo. He will probably be good on special teams. He might be better than Hammond or Hemmingway but, I really don't know. I was honestly hoping we wouldn't draft any Georgia players other than Gurley. He just feels like a Pioli pick. He was a team captain .... blah... blah... blah.... UGA's other WR, Michael Bennett, was much better. 

I feel the same way about Remmie Wilson. He's just bleh.... Another UGA underachiever who will probably be good on special teams. 

That said, it was a crappy draft class and when you consider that these aren't bad picks where we took them.

Kiper, was calling him a 4th or 5th option at best. I believe he can contend for a legit #2 spot on this team, and if Murray is the future QB then they'll already have had a nice bond with one another.

4th or 5th option on our roster?  He must be counting on Fred Williams working some of that St. Cloud State magic.

I really enjoyed Kiper's show with Jon Gruden. Gruden really pointed out some flaws with Kiper's thought process on prospects. Kiper wasn't necessarily wrong in assuming where players would be drafted, but it was a nice complement to hear Gruden's thoughts on why he thought certain players would be good and why others might fail.

Sticking with that thought, you have to find it hard to believe that Conley will remain a 4th or 5th option. Year one, yeah I expect he is going to be brought along slowly. Guys like Da'Rick Rogers and Armon Binns have a shot at making this roster and have had months to digest the playbook already. If Rogers stays clean off the field and is learning that playbook, he has phenomenal talent. You know already that Maclin, Wilson, Thomas, and Avant already know the playbook and are making this football team.

You cannot judge a player solely by what they did in college. He disappeared in spans in college. Of course, they also had a pretty good running back that ate up a lot of touches. He checks off all the categories, except for the one that demands attention. That is often seen as a fault. Wide receivers who exhibit this are called prima donnas. Well, I have news, unless a wide receiver has a little prima donna, they generally aren't stellar. He is seemingly a nice guy. He is going to have to develop an inner beast. 

I really enjoyed Kiper's show with Jon Gruden. Gruden really pointed out some flaws with Kiper's thought process on prospects. Kiper wasn't necessarily wrong in assuming where players would be drafted, but it was a nice complement to hear Gruden's thoughts on why he thought certain players would be good and why others might fail.

Sticking with that thought, you have to find it hard to believe that Conley will remain a 4th or 5th option. Year one, yeah I expect he is going to be brought along slowly. Guys like Da'Rick Rogers and Armon Binns have a shot at making this roster and have had months to digest the playbook already. If Rogers stays clean off the field and is learning that playbook, he has phenomenal talent. You know already that Maclin, Wilson, Thomas, and Avant already know the playbook and are making this football team.

Yep, you nailed it. 

Archived