5 Bloggers..Fascinating STuff..#3 really seems to 'get it'!

Ahead of a new year of football, I got in touch with a few different Chiefs fans from various Chiefs blogs, radio shows & podcasts to get their thoughts on Kansas City's offseason and their expectations for the coming season.

How would you sum up the off season?

Joel Thorman (Arrowhead Pride) 

Any time a new regime comes in, there are changes. The Chiefs lost a lot of good players this offseason in free agency. They're really banking on development from players who were here last year. That's why they pay Andy Reid the big bucks -- to get the most out of his players. 

Aaron Ferdinand (Chiefs 101)

I would sum up the offseason by losing key free agents on the offensive line and now having three new starters on the o-line. Not having much cap space led to a quiet offseason for GM John Dorsey and the Chiefs but it seems their goal was to get younger and get good players at a bargain.

Michael Scheuerman (Chiefs Coalition)

Not good enough.  Letting Albert and Schwartz go was a mistake.  Not addressing safety and corner in FA was a mistake as well.  Tyson Jackson will be missed as well.  I think we let good players go and did not come close to replacing them.

Chiefs Cast 

One word...disappointing.  With this being year two under the new regime hopes were high and when you put together the injuries, the suspensions, and question still in to many positions, it's hard to define expectations.

Sean Keeler (Fox)

In a word: Challenging. Maybe underwhelming, even. So many player defections to free agency in the spring and summer, followed by SO MANY blasted injuries in training camp and during the preseason. The Chiefs are a younger and maybe more athletic roster than a year ago, but you'd be hard-pressed to say that, as of August 28, that it was a BETTER roster.

I really thought Walker should have tore it up against backups. Kind of disappointed there. Also, let's see what Jackson does down there. I don't know if he was over coming lazy for a contract or really turning a corner. I hope we made the right decision.

yea..I've always though t jak was an average player...and weak in the pass rush scheme..

but he may have been much more than that...especially in the running game..

if he was worth keeping..that's where we'll see the difference...

Archived