Marcus Peters v Brandon Cooks.

Sean Smith is the #1 CB on this team. I like Nelson, and other than his height, matched Peters at the combine is every way. Nelson, Gaines, Cooper, and Sanders have top notch speed, and athleticism. Each are less than 4.5 in the 40. Sanders and Cooper ran a 4.3 and 4.4 short shuttle respectively. Gaines, Peters, and Nelson ranged between 4.04 and 4.08 in the short shuttle. Obviously, Cooper, and maybe Sanders may be looking in from the outsides. This is going to be an extremely deep and talented group of corners. 

do you like the pick xen?

Yeah I really liked both of the corners they picked. Actually I liked the whole draft class except I thought Conley was taken high but given his testing and the run on wr's, I get it. Also don't think Nunez-Roches is a 34 lineman, and not enamored with the 7th rd wr, but who cares after the 5th.

1st 3 rounds I thought they killed it in this draft.

Conley seems to be really sharp. He should be able to pick up the playbook quickly. I am not too worried about the receivers. If Da'Rick Rogers can keep out of trouble, he definitely has the ability to play in this league. He could have been a top ten pick if he didn't get in trouble with the Vols. Wilson showed he is ready for the NFL, and did not seem overwhelmed by the transition. Maclin's positive attitude and leadership will help. Avant will be good for this group as well. I saw where Maclin was challenging Jamaal Charles in drills. They should feed off each other all season long.

I really like the additions on the secondary. Nelson is similar to Sherman in build, speed, and athleticism. People say he is too short to be a shut down corner. Maybe. Maybe not. Peters is smooth, and should not have any problem transitioning to the NFL. Fortunately, the Chiefs don't have a huge need. Gaines was regarded to be a potential starter with all the tools, but still a developmental guy. He came along pretty quick. The Chiefs have excellent coaching. I cannot wait to see where he takes it from here. Smith will be out the first two games. This will be a challenge, but the Chiefs have plenty of depth, and should have one of the strongest secondaries in the league by the end of the season. 

The biggest question for me is still on the offensive line. I saw where some NFL scouts had Mitch Morse rated favorably to Carmeron Erving. Kansas City had to move up to get him because other teams were going to draft him if they waited. Morse seems more NFL ready than most of the guys in the draft. I would like Morse to be the RG, but it would not surprise me if Morse was the sixth man this year. 

just take a moment and look at what Dorsey and reid have done to this team..

it was no time ago there was no depth..and all we had on offense was a great back and heave ho passes to d bowe...

now there appears to be talent everywhere. And depth as well..

now if that damn line can come together and DJ stays healthy...

to be continued.

Archived